Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#1-5 Posted!!!!)

Bk1234

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

-rio souma

-liam st. john/lain roy??

-???

-ryan berg?? (big guess, they might be the battle partner of clue 3)

-tanner gomes

edit: people are saying #3 could be joseph, in which case desz would definitely not be this low

We’ll find out when the next set is posted. 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Here are the clues for the next set. Remember the order of the clues DOES NOT reflect the contestant’s placement. 

-Unfortunately, this contestant didn’t cruise through the competition

-This contestant was deemed a frontrunner by IDF, but when the Battles came, this contestant failed to add “excelled on the Voice” to their prestigious resume

-So forgetful that even one of the other contestants forgot to follow them

-The battle partner of one of the contestants in this set

-Deemed the superior cowboy by a certain coach

Rio Souma (audition song - Cruise)

Liam St. John (people have said it could be Lain or Liam, but I'm sure you like Lain more than Liam)

Joseph Soul (I have a faint memory of someone (Taryn I think?) following everyone but Joseph)

Ryan Berg (Liam's battle partner)

Tanner Gomes (Kelly's favorite cowboy)

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Rio Souma (audition song - Cruise)

Liam St. John (people have said it could be Lain or Liam, but I'm sure you like Lain more than Liam)

Joseph Soul (I have a faint memory of someone (Taryn I think?) following everyone but Joseph)

Ryan Berg (Liam's battle partner)

Tanner Gomes (Kelly's favorite cowboy)

Good guesses, at least one of them is right. 😊👍

#25. Tanner Gomes (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Tanner-Gomes.jpg

I have a feeling many of you will think this is too high for Tanner. I will say that I definitely enjoyed Tanner’s run on the show way more than the majority of IDF did. 😅 Tanner started off his run with a bang. He sang “Cowboys and Angels” for his audition and slayed. His voice was honestly just so pleasant to listen to, plus he showed off some range in there. The biggest surprise for me was probably that Blake didn’t turn, I mean come on, even John did! :haha: Anyway, Tanner picked Kelly, which makes sense considering she really appreciates country music on the show, and moved on to the Battles. Like I mentioned in Skylar’s write-up, his battle was montaged. However, the clip they showed was great in that it demonstrated Tanner’s range and vocal control. Tanner won his battle and moved on to the Knockouts where I thought he gave his most underrated performance. Tanner sang “Real Good Man” and I thought it was a nice, fun, light-hearted performance. He showed off his soothing voice again and while those moves were questionable, I thought they fit the vibe of the song well. I also liked the runs and intensity he added to the song. Did I think it was better than Marisa’s performance? No, but I thought it was still strong. Anyway, Tanner won the knockout (which was questionable, but I wasn’t that upset), and moved on to the lives where he delivered his weakest performances. Tanner sang “Lovin’ On You” for his Playoffs performance and I could barely understand him. He seemed to mumble through the song, except for the belting parts. At least his smooth voice made it easier to listen to. Tanner didn’t get PV or Kelly’s save, but he was chosen over Madeline to sing in the Instant Save (another questionable choice involving him.) Here he sang “Pickin’ Wildflowers” and gave his weakest performance. He just took the karaoke country thing WAY too far and it was a shouty mess (I kind of wanted him to win though to see IDF’s outrage. :giggle:) At least he had a sweet message (I didn’t find it corny) to say to Kelly afterwards. Overall, Tanner is a contestant I thoroughly enjoyed during the pre-taped rounds, but unfortunately, suffered from two trainwrecks in the lives. 😕

Clue: Deemed the superior cowboy by a certain coach (a reference to a comment Kelly made saying that Tanner will be her favorite cowboy, not Blake.)

#24. Liam St. John (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Liam-StJohn.jpg

Liam St. John was someone who I felt was missing from the Knockouts and Playoffs. He started off his run with a nice arrangement of “Sex and Candy.” I really enjoyed the sultriness of his voice and the falsetto notes that were included. Not to mention that little scream that was thrown in there was EPIC! Liam chose Gwen over Blake, which I think is something most contestants this season didn’t do, but I’ve lost count lol. Liam moved on to the Battles where he sang “I Need a Dollar” with Ryan Berg (hint, hint.) Liam’s voice sounded really nice on the song and he added his signature scream to his part too! I thought both Ryan and Liam deserved to win, so I’m happy with the result, but I probably would have chosen Liam because of his energy and vocal ability. I know IDF was shocked when the Battle spoilers came out and they saw that Liam lost. I really pictured him being a frontrunner on Team Gwen, but I guess that position fell to someone else. 😉

Clue: This contestant was deemed a frontrunner by IDF, but when the Battles came, this contestant failed to add “excelled on the Voice” to their prestigious resume (a reference to the fact that IDF considered him Gwen’s frontrunner early pre-season, the fact that he was eliminated during the Battles, and his Voice bio which notes his many prestigious achievements.)

#23. Ryan Berg (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Ryan-Berg.jpg

Hey, weren’t we just talking about you! :haha: Anyway, Ryan was someone I grew to really love after his audition. I loved the growl he added to his audition song and he even earned himself Gwen’s only block of the season (which I thought could have been better employed, but at least Gwen was happy about it! 😅) I thought his audition was just average though, and I will admit that he kind of flew under the radar for me until his battle, especially since there was another Ryan in the competition. Ryan really started to impress in his battle. I loved his calmer approach to “I Need a Dollar.” It provided a nice contrast for Liam’s part. Ryan also added a lot of rasp to his part, which I thought was nice. Like I mentioned in Liam’s write-up, I thought both deserved to win and I wasn’t upset when Ryan won over Liam. Ryan moved on to the Knockouts where he gave what I thought to be his best performance. Ryan sang “Makin’ Me Look Good Again” and added some nuances to his voice that gave me goosebumps. It was definitely a great way to end his run and it is the reason why I placed him over Liam in this ranking. Overall, Ryan is a contestant who I really started to notice during his battle and I wouldn’t have minded seeing him get stolen and make the Playoffs. 

Clue: The battle partner of one of the contestants in this set (Ryan was Liam’s battle partner and Liam also showed up in this set.)

#22. Rio Souma (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Rio-Souma.jpg

Rio is someone who I feel could have made it to the lives if he was on a less competitive team. He sang “Cruisin’” for his audition and showed off his smooth R&B voice and those runs were seamless. I’m surprised he wasn’t a four-chair turn as I thought his audition was on par with or even better than some of the R&B Season 18 four-chair turns. Rio picked John, which is a good pick genre-wise, but his team was so competitive post-Blinds that Rio kind of fell under the radar. Rio was paired with Casmѐ for his battle and together they delivered a nice, solid performance. I preferred Rio’s smooth, calmer approach to the song, but both honestly did a great job. John chose Casmѐ as the winner, so Rio ended up going home. Rio is someone who I definitely feel could have made it farther if he was on a less competitive team. His performances were good, but not good enough for me to place him higher than this.

Clue: Unfortunately, this contestant didn’t cruise through the competition (a reference to Rio’s audition song and the fact that he didn’t make it past the Battles.)

#21. Joseph Soul (Team Kelly -> Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Joseph-Soul.jpg

Here’s another battle steal for you guys! 😀 Joseph Soul is certainly one of the more forgetful contestants from this season. However, I feel that he had a solid run that deserves some commemoration. We were first introduced to Joseph’s beautiful voice with his audition performance of “Is This Love?” He showed off his seamless runs and a few falsetto notes were thrown in there. Overall, it was a very nice audition and it gave us all a good taste as to what Joseph could offer in the future. Joseph sang “If You Don’t Know Me by Now” with DeSz for his battle, and it was spectacular! He started off a little rough, but eventually he started to deliver those clean runs that we were accustomed to. A lot of people on here IDF were surprised/upset when Gwen used her steal on him, but I thought he was well-deserving of the steal after his showing. Joseph moved on to the Knockouts where his performance of “Lovely” was unfortunately montaged/short-clipped. The clip they showed definitely gave us a very heartfelt performance from Joseph. He ended up winning the Knockout and going into the lives with the disadvantage of a short-clipped knockout. For his Playoffs performance, Joseph sang “How Deep Is Your Love,” which I honestly thought was his worst showing. I just didn’t get the same clean vocals that made him stand-out in the pre-taped rounds. America and Gwen agreed because Joseph unfortunately didn’t get PV, Gwen’s save, or a chance to sing in the Instant Save. Overall, I feel that Joseph was a solid contestant who suffered from a short-clipped knockout and a lack of uniqueness.

Clue: So forgetful that even one of the other contestants forgot to follow them (at one point, Taryn was following the entire S19 Top 40 on Instagram, except him- maybe she still is…)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

• Like 2

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#21-25 Posted!!!!)
3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I have a feeling many of you will think this is too high for Tanner

Omg I actually thought you will place him higher than this! And wow at Ryan G. still not appearing 😂

No complaints to your rankings! Definitely agreeable! And reasonable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Omg I actually thought you will place him higher than this! And wow at Ryan G. still not appearing 😂

No complaints to your rankings! Definitely agreeable! And reasonable 

Oh, I guess my more positive thoughts on Tanner stood out on IDF, so it makes sense why you’d think I would have placed him higher. 😅 We’ll see where Ryan G ends up placing... 🤔 I’m glad you think my rankings are reasonable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Got all of these right, nice.

The next step's wondering who might be in the next group, considering it's getting hazier about who could be where as we narrow down the pool of contestants.

Yep, congrats on that! 😊👍 Yeah, I think the next set will have done surprises (and some disappointments...) 

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Before clues come out, predicting the next group to be: (in no particular order) 

Chloe Hogan

Lain Roy

Ryan Gallagher

Worth The Wait

John Holiday

Good guesses, we’ll see if this holds true for the clues and when the next set is posted. 

Here are the clues for the next set. I decided to post them earlier since it’s Christmas Eve, so feel free to still comment on #21-25. Remember the order of the clues DOES NOT reflect the contestant’s placement. 

-A first for a certain coach

-I want to get in on the country action too!

-I guess this contestant wasn’t meant to go beyond the Playoffs

-Happy Holidays!

-This contestant won against someone who is ranked higher than them, and lost against someone who is also ranked higher than them

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

I would have put Tanner at 30 or something just because his live performances were awful and downplayed his great audition for me, but I can see why you enjoy his tone. It is pleasant to listen to.

I think Liam and Ryan at are a fair place, but I personally would switch them AKA Ryan at 24 and Liam at 23. And I would have placed Ryan lower if it weren´t for his KO, in which he showed more bite that previous performances. I prefered Liam in the battle and I think he should have won, although Playoffs was most likely his ceiling.

I feel like 21 is a good placing for Joseph. He was forgetable but had some  good moments. He peaked on his battle I think.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I would have put Tanner at 30 or something just because his live performances were awful and downplayed his great audition for me, but I can see why you enjoy his tone. It is pleasant to listen to.

I think Liam and Ryan at are a fair place, but I personally would switch them AKA Ryan at 24 and Liam at 23. And I would have placed Ryan lower if it weren´t for his KO, in which he showed more bite that previous performances. I prefered Liam in the battle and I think he should have won, although Playoffs was most likely his ceiling.

I feel like 21 is a good placing for Joseph. He was forgetable but had some  good moments. He peaked on his battle I think.

Yeah, his live performances were terrible, but I just couldn’t let go of his nice tone. 😅 I originally had Liam higher than Ryan B, but Ryan’s knockout really impressed me. I agree that Liam should have won the battle, but both did great! 😊👍 Yeah, #21 is definitely a good spot for Joseph. I agree that his battle was his peak. 

Edited by Bk1234