Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#1-5 Posted!!!!)

Bk1234

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

My Top 5 for the season was:

1. Sid

2. Desz

3. Cami 

4. Payge

5. Ryan

Sid will be the contestant I will continue to folllow even after the show. I didn't realize until the playoffs that Sid was my favorite contestant this season. It was then that I realized that I cared the most about him than anyone else. He was very consistent throughout the competition and he has incredible tone, range, and power. Also, I looove the full cover of his audition song on Spotify. Can't get enough of it lately.

Desz makes it up there for her consistency and outstanding vocals. Can We Talk is quite possibly my favorite performance of the season.

Cami slayed all of her performances except her Semis. She was one of the people that kept the season interesting. I loved the direction she was going in with her KO+PO performances, but then she got "The Joke", a song way too big for her.

Payge shrunk a little for me, but her Blind and KO are still really dear to me. She's an incredible artist. I don't think she's meant for this show tbh. A show where being loud and conventional are two great assets.

Oh, Ryan. How I wish you didn't put yourself in that situation. I really wanted you to hear you perform Perfect Symphony live. His Blinds and KO were beautiful. He didn't get a chance to shine in his battle because Marisa is a vocal beast and the song and arrangement massively favored her, but what puts him this high for me is mainly his non-opera off-show performances. (Not the ones on IG)

Love to see DeSz and Cami on there! 🤩 

Sid- Sometimes I don’t realize my number one favorite till after the season ends. 🤣 I thought he was consistent up until the Playoffs. 

DeSz- Yeah, DeSz was the definition of consistent during the pre-taped rounds. :yes: 

Cami- Yeah, what I loved about her was that she kept it interesting. We’ll just forget about her performance of “The Joke” and only listen to the studio. :yes:😉

Payge- I loved her in her battle and knockout, but her audition and PO performance just weren’t for me. 😕

Ryan- His BA and KO were great. The song was better suited for Marisa, but I felt Ryan’s parts suited him well. 

Btw here's mine

1- John Holiday

2- Jim Ranger

3- Carter Rubin

4- Cami Clune 

5- Sid Kingsley

6- Ryan Gallagher

- John H is, in my opinion, one of the best vocalists ever. Though I agree he failed to deliver ON-Show(Talking about live performances) what he did Off-Show(Probably not his fault since tptb didn't give him right song choices during the lives). His Jazz and Opera stuff was SO Amazing(Talking about his OFF-SHOW performances. Now if we talk about my favorite ON-SHOW performances from him, then I gotta say Misty/Summersoft/All By Myself all are one of my favorite BA/Battle/Ko ever. I wish he'd showed us his true vocal power. ( NOTE: I TAKE BACK MY WORDS WHEN I SAID{on the unpopular opinions thread} THAT VOCALLY JOHN IS THE BEST EVER TO COME TO THIS SHOW. I SAID THAT BECAUSE I WAS INCLUDING HIS OFF-SHOW PERFORMANCES AS WELL, BUT I GUESS, ONLY ON-SHOW PERFORMANCES MATTER. THOUGH I STILL THINK HE'S ONE OF THE BEST).

- Jim was my favorite pre-season. His Finale Cover are one of my favorites finale performances ever. I also loved his KO performance. I also wanna mention that he is one of my top 2 favorite Runner-Ups(The other being Juliet).

- I loved Carter from the start. His KO is one of my top fav ko's this season. He fell back a bit in the Finale but overall I really enjoyed his run.

- Cami was one of my early favorites. I absolutely loved her BA. Her Ko was great as well. Her PO performance was my fav of the night. Her KO was just a little bit disappointing. In the IS I was rooting for her but she got eliminated. Overall I really enjoyed her run and I think she was one of the most unique artists this season.

- Sid was in my top 2 pre-season(Mainly coz his Original stuff is SO GOOD). I liked all of his performances except Beyond(Which was also not bad). I'm a little bit of disappointed that he had a short run. I wish he covered this song during PO. 

- I really loved Ryan's BA. In the battles I actually preferred Ryan over Marisa. :ph34rwave: His Ko was better than all the other 4-way KO participants. And like FloorWax said, I'm also sad that we didn't get to see his PERFECT SYMPHONY cover. It was so gorgeous.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

26 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Btw here's mine

1- John Holiday

2- Jim Ranger

3- Carter Rubin

4- Cami Clune 

5- Sid Kingsley

6- Ryan Gallagher

- John H is, in my opinion, one of the best vocalists ever. Though I agree he failed to deliver ON-Show(Talking about live performances) what he did Off-Show(Probably not his fault since tptb didn't give him right song choices during the lives). His Jazz and Opera stuff was SO Amazing(Talking about his OFF-SHOW performances. Now if we talk about my favorite ON-SHOW performances from him, then I gotta say Misty/Summersoft/All By Myself all are one of my favorite BA/Battle/Ko ever. I wish he'd showed us his true vocal power. ( NOTE: I TAKE BACK MY WORDS WHEN I SAID{on the unpopular opinions thread} THAT VOCALLY JOHN IS THE BEST EVER TO COME TO THIS SHOW. I SAID THAT BECAUSE I WAS INCLUDING HIS OFF-SHOW PERFORMANCES AS WELL, BUT I GUESS, ONLY ON-SHOW PERFORMANCES MATTER. THOUGH I STILL THINK HE'S ONE OF THE BEST).

- Jim was my favorite pre-season. His Finale Cover are one of my favorites finale performances ever. I also loved his KO performance. I also wanna mention that he is one of my top 2 favorite Runner-Ups(The other being Juliet).

- I loved Carter from the start. His KO is one of my top fav ko's this season. He fell back a bit in the Finale but overall I really enjoyed his run.

- Cami was one of my early favorites. I absolutely loved her BA. Her Ko was great as well. Her PO performance was my fav of the night. Her KO was just a little bit disappointing. In the IS I was rooting for her but she got eliminated. Overall I really enjoyed her run and I think she was one of the most unique artists this season.

- Sid was in my top 2 pre-season(Mainly coz his Original stuff is SO GOOD). I liked all of his performances except Beyond(Which was also not bad). I'm a little bit of disappointed that he had a short run. I wish he covered this song during PO. 

- I really loved Ryan's BA. In the battles I actually preferred Ryan over Marisa. :ph34rwave: His Ko was better than all the other 4-way KO participants. And like FloorWax said, I'm also sad that we didn't get to see his PERFECT SYMPHONY cover. It was so gorgeous.

John H- I never really clicked with John Holiday, but I agree that his off-show stuff was great, with me almost asking to join his fan thread pre-season. :yes: His pre-taped performances were all good, with “All by Myself” bring my personal favorite. My main issue were his live performances, with the exception of “Fix You.” They were either lacking vocally or just too Pop for John. 😕

Jim- Ah, so your favorite changed when the season aired. 😯 His finale cover was good, but I preferred “Blue Ain’t Your Color” and “Humble and Kind.” He was a good runner-up, but I wouldn’t have him in my Top 2 runner-ups. 

Carter- Yay, at our placements for Carter being so close together! 😄 His KO is my second favorite KO of the season (behind Cami’s.) Yeah, he was at his weakest in the finale, but still deserving of the win imo. 

Cami- Cami was my number one favorite from the blind spoilers. 😅 Her BA, KO, and PO performance were all great, with them all being my favorite of the round. Yeah, I agree that she was one of the more unique artists this season. :yes: 

Sid- Yeah, “Beyond” was my least favorite performance of his. 

Ryan G- Ryan’s BA was amazing! I’ll have to agree to disagree on that point after though as I thought Marisa was better vocally. I was more upset that we didn’t get to hear Julia’s “Hands to Myself.” 😅

25 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Ryan G- Ryan’s BA was amazing! I’ll have to agree to disagree on that point after though as I thought Marisa was better vocally. I was more upset that we didn’t get to hear Julia’s “Hands to Myself.” 😅

She was. I just preferred Ryan's TONE more and I liked how relaxed and comfortable he looked on the stage. I also loved how controlled his notes were.

30 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Jim- Ah, so your favorite changed when the season aired. 😯 His finale cover was good, but I preferred “Blue Ain’t Your Color” and “Humble and Kind.”

Yeah. Misty blew my mind. Jim came very very close towards the end though. For the finale night I prefer Jim to John but for BA/BATTLE/PO I prefer John H. Their KO AND SF performances were equally impressive to me.

30 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

He was a good runner-up, but I wouldn’t have him in my Top 2 runner-ups. 

Fair enough. It definitely depends upon musical taste.

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

She was. I just preferred Ryan's TONE more and I liked how relaxed and comfortable he looked on the stage. I also loved how controlled his notes were.

Yeah. Misty blew my mind. Jim came very very close towards the end though. For the finale night I prefer Jim to John but for BA/BATTLE/PO I prefer John H. Their KO AND SF performances were equally impressive to me.

Fair enough. It definitely depends upon musical taste.

Ryan G- That’s understandable. His tone is really soothing to listen to. ☺️

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Ryan G- That’s understandable. His tone is really soothing to listen to. ☺️

I forgot to mention one thing.

I agree Some of John's song choices were too pop for him. If he stayed in his  Jazzy and Operish LANE he would've been unstoppable.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention one thing.

I agree Some of John's song choices were too pop for him. If he stayed in his  Jazzy and Operish LANE he would've been unstoppable.

I don’t know about unstoppable, but his performances would have probably been much more enjoyable.

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I don’t know about unstoppable, but his performances would have probably been much more enjoyable.

I mean vocally those would've been the best performances of each night(Though I can totally see people not liking it coz of his tone).

Just like Misty which was vocally and Technically the best BA of the season.

I mean vocally those would've been the best performances of each night(Though I can totally see people not liking it coz of his tone).

Just like Misty which was vocally and Technically the best BA of the season.

I’m not sure about that. I thought DeSz’s “Unbreak My Heart” was the best BA, vocally and technically speaking. 

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I almost felt guilty because I think I recommended the song for her through the app (though to be honest, who knows if they even looked at those? :lmao:)

If it makes you feel any better, I know that I recommended "When the Party's Over" for her through the app. So if TPTB does look at those recommendations, I might have been partially responsible for her song choice during the Instant Save lol 😂

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I know that I recommended "When the Party's Over" for her through the app. So if TPTB does look at those recommendations, I might have been partially responsible for her song choice during the Instant Save lol 😂

Well at least she sounded good during that performance. 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Well at least she sounded good during that performance. 😅

Instead of "The Joke", she should've sang something less rangy. Maybe "No Time to Die" by Billie Eilish bc of the song's creepy yet graceful vibes. 🤔

Edited by disney1024

for me, i'd say the top 8 is:

1. Cami Clune - favorite from the beginning

2. DeSz - great vocalist, she's amazing

3. Julia Cooper - her effortless runs and drifts into her head voice are incredible

4. Marisa Corvo - i loved all of her performances

5. Bailey Rae - i love the flips into her head voice. she grew on me in the lives

6. Kelsie Watts - i actually liked her KO, but her BA was the best for me

7. Lauren Frihauf - i liked her BA, and her battle was even better. her KO was not as great but I would have liked to see her move on

8. Carter Rubin - he was so consistent that i can't not place him high. he grew on me in the lives

i was gonna do a top 8 but then i realized that there were a few others that i wanted to mention too LOL

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Instead of "The Joke", she should've sang something less rangy. Maybe "No Time to Die" by Billie Eilish bc of the song's creepy yet graceful vibes. 🤔

Yeah, I agree. She did mention wanting to sing “The Joke” on the Voice though. 😅

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

for me, i'd say the top 8 is:

1. Cami Clune - favorite from the beginning

2. DeSz - great vocalist, she's amazing

3. Julia Cooper - her effortless runs and drifts into her head voice are incredible

4. Marisa Corvo - i loved all of her performances

5. Bailey Rae - i love the flips into her head voice. she grew on me in the lives

6. Kelsie Watts - i actually liked her KO, but her BA was the best for me

7. Lauren Frihauf - i liked her BA, and her battle was even better. her KO was not as great but I would have liked to see her move on

8. Carter Rubin - he was so consistent that i can't not place him high. he grew on me in the lives

i was gonna do a top 8 but then i realized that there were a few others that i wanted to mention too LOL

1. Cami- Same. She was my favorite from the start. 

2. DeSz- Agreed. :thumbsup:

3. Julia- I agree with this too. She navigated those notes so expertly. 🤩

4. Marisa- Agreed, she never really had a bad one in my eyes. 

5. Bailey- Ooh, this is an interesting choice. 😯 I really liked Bailey’s voice, it was so captivating. 

6. Kelsie- Oh yay, we have Kelsie in the same spot. 😄 I didn’t think her KO was that bad either. The audition is the main reason I love her though! 

7. Lauren- I really liked her part in her battle and even thought she was better than Payge, but I wasn’t a fan of her BA and KO.

8. Carter- Yay, love to see the love for Carter!!! 😍 He was very consistent and a very deserving winner imo.

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I’ll probably do them since this one was received so well! 😁

Just noticed this thread and spent the last hour going through the rankings. Love how much effort you put into explaining your pov and the clues were all really interesting and fun. You also have great taste👏🏽👏🏽.
Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I'm actually a bit surprised by how much I agree with the rankings for the most part. We clearly have great taste in music lol 😜

For me personally, I might have changed the rankings a bit in the middle (i.e. lower Ryan Berg's ranking, increase Lauren's ranking, etc.) but the extremes are on point imo. I'm glad Lain got ranked as high he did because he was phenomenal. 🥰

I don't know about you but I felt that Blake definitely should've stolen Lain over James during the battles. However, I can't judge too much on that because TPTB decided not to show us the entire battle or even post it on YouTube for that matter. 😒

Edited by disney1024

7 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Now that I think about it, you're right. "No Time To Die" would've been a much better choice for her style!

• Like 1