Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#1-5 Posted!!!!)

On 12/27/2020 at 11:47 AM, Bk1234 said:

Here are the clues for the next set. Remember the order of the clues DOES NOT reflect the contestant’s placement. 

-A Chiquita banana

-Two US talent show winners, one’s first name and the other’s audition song

-This contestant really did say goodbye after their last performance

-This contestant did something to guarantee that their audition would be aired

-Rizzi Myers, Molly Stevens

Madeline Consoer (that yellow KO outfit was v banana-ish)

???

Ryan Gallagher (song title for his KO and then getting DQ’d)

Kelsie Watts (sang a Kelly song for her blind audition)

Marisa Corvo (bashed Kelly’s decision to drop her after her elimination)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought she was pretty memorable and the most consistent in the taped rounds, hence why she made my Top 5. I’ll discuss more in my write-up for her though. 

This could be a really good idea for a thread, or a really bad one. I’m going to go for it though since you won’t discover greatness unless you take the risk to discover it. 😅   This thread i

If Chloé, John H, AND Sid show up in the next set, I’m going to be in a lot of trouble with IDF! 🤣

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Madeline Consoer (that yellow KO outfit was v banana-ish)

???

Ryan Gallagher (song title for his KO and then getting DQ’d)

Kelsie Watts (sang a Kelly song for her blind audition)

Marisa Corvo (bashed Kelly’s decision to drop her after her elimination)

We’ll find out if you’re right tomorrow. Wow, no one seems to be able to crack clue #2. Maybe I made it too hard...? 🤔

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I was thinking of splitting up when I reveal the top 5. So I would post the clue for #5 tomorrow, then post #5 and #4’s clue on Wednesday, and post the rest of the Top 5 with clues a few hours apart. 

ooh i was envisioning that you'd give us the five clues, but in order that time so we could guess, but i like this idea too 😄. the suspense is nice

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

ooh i was envisioning that you'd give us the five clues, but in order that time so we could guess, but i like this idea too 😄. the suspense is nice

That’s a good idea as well! 😅 I’ll still do what I was thinking of doing, but thanks for the suggestion. ☺️

#10. Madeline Consoer (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Madeline-Consoer.jpg

Kicking off my Top 10 is someone I never expected to like as much as I do now. Madeline started off her run with a pretty good performance of “GIRL” by Maren Morris. Her voice was perfect for the song and really is a good marketable, pop/country voice. My favorite part was the high note at the end which really showed me that Madeline had potential to go farther than I initially expected. Blake was definitely thinking of turning for this one, but he saw Kelly block him, so he didn’t. Madeline defaulted to Team Kelly and moved on to the battles where she really started to impress. Madeline’s battle song and pairing seemed to be a disadvantage at first glance. For one, she had to learn Spanish for some of her parts and she was against someone who was fluent in the language. However, partly thanks to Eli, she was able to learn her Spanish part and slay. Madeline was far superior to Eli here. Her vocals were much stronger and for some reason I am obsessed with the part where she sings “time is precious and it’s slipping away.” Overall, it was a very solid battle, but Madeline deservingly won it. Madeline’s Knockout performance of “Die From a Broken Heart” is the main reason why she is in my Top 10. The first thing that grabbed my attention was Madeline’s neon green/yellow dress. :haha: I was really impressed by how effortlessly Madeline navigated the notes and rhythm of the song. Her emotional delivery was also amazing. Kelly chose Madeline as the winner of the Knockout and Madeline moved on to the Playoffs after giving her best performance. Unfortunately, Madeline didn’t do too great in the Playoffs. She was very pitchy throughout the performance and the voters recognized that as she didn’t get PV or a chance to sing in the Instant Save. I would have liked to see her sing in the Instant Save instead of Tanner, but I expected the result. She mentioned that she would have sang a Martina song, so I hope she does a cover of it sometime in the future. Anyway, Madeline’s battle and Knockout performance prove why she is well deserving of this #10 spot.

Clue: A Chiquita banana (a reference to Ryan Gallagher’s comment on Madeline’s knockout outfit.)

#9. Ryan Gallagher (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Ryan-Gallagher.jpg

Me and Ryan have certainly had a rocky relationship in terms of support. Whether it be his well-received audition, “romance” with Kelly, obnoxious fanbase, or disqualification, Ryan certainly made a name for himself on the Voice this season. Ryan started off his run with a mesmerizing performance of “The Prayer” by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion. The way his smooth voice flowed from word to word was almost magical. Kelly seemed to be entranced by the performance too. 😅 I personally thought Ryan deserved to get more than two chairs, but I guess his style isn’t for everybody. 🤷‍♂️ Ryan sang “I Surrender” by Celine Dion with Marisa for his battle. Ryan sounded good in this battle, but Marisa (don’t worry, she’s next :giggle:) completely demolished the song. Ryan did mention that he wasn’t at his best since his mom was in the hospital though, so maybe he would have performed a little stronger had that not been the case. Marisa won the battle and deservingly so, though Ryan was saved. This was the first of my interactions with the horrible (and I mean HORRIBLE) people that make up Ryan’s fanbase (not the ones here on IDF, by the way.) They all believed Ryan deserved to win and constantly called Marisa a screamer. Not to mention, the lying and saying she was way out of tune (I’ve seen it all…) Ryan even said himself that Marisa deserved to win, so I don’t know what they were yapping about. 😂 Anyway, if you guys are still with me after that rant, Ryan is the second of the four-way knockout contestants to be ranked. He sang “Time to Say Goodbye,” and even though I will never admit it elsewhere, gave the best performance out of everyone in the four-way knockout. :stealth: He finally showed off more of his range and even Gwen gave him a standing ovation! As many of you know, I was rooting for a certain other contestant in the four-way knockout, so I never really got to share my true feelings on this performance. It looked like Ryan was all clear to win the four-way knockout and become a major threat in the competition, but then he was disqualified for reasons that have not been clearly identified. If he truly did break COVID-19 protocols, then his disqualification was justified. However, we don’t know the full story, so all we can do is wait and hope everything gets cleared up. On a more positive note, Ryan’s studio version of “Perfect Symphony” is really nice and I like the popera direction he seemed to be headed in. It’s really unfortunate that Ryan was disqualified, but maybe it’s good that I had some time away from him to properly assess my thoughts and put him in my Top 10.

Clue: This contestant really did say goodbye after their last performance (a reference to the irony of Ryan’s performance of “Time to Say Goodbye,” which was his last performance on the show before getting disqualified.)

#8. Marisa Corvo (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Marisa-Corvo.jpg

Marisa Corvo is certainly one of the more interesting contestants to come out of this season. :giggle: I guess she wanted to steal Ryan G’s title of “most controversial contestant of the season.” Anyway, Marisa never really had a bad performance, in my eyes. She delivered my favorite audition of episode one with her phenomenal version of P!nk’s “Perfect.” Only true queens like Marisa improve their performance after stepping away from the piano. :haha: I loved that Marisa made the performance fun and engaging, while also showing off her amazing range. Marisa picked Kelly, which makes sense genre-wise (she probably regrets that decision now lol), and moved on to the Battles, where things really started to spice up. Marisa slayed her parts in “I Surrender” and STILL received hate from the Ryan stans for “screaming over Ryan,” “yelling,” and “purposely” not letting Ryan be heard (yes, I did a YouTube comment search for this. :yes:) I don’t even know what to say about these absurd claims, so let’s just move on to Marisa’s knockout performance. 😅 Marisa created a unique version of Cher’s “If I Could Turn Back Time” and while it was probably her weakest showing, it wasn’t a bad performance per se. It was a little shaky in the beginning, but Marisa improved as she began to show off more of her range throughout the song. Unfortunately, Kelly chose Tanner over Marisa which was definitely questionable. Even if Marisa was at her weakest, she was still on the same level as Tanner in terms of performance, so picking Marisa to have a more diverse (in terms of genre) Top 17 would have been nice. The even more frustrating thing is that Gwen was saving her steal for Marisa, but decided to use it on Ben… :/ However, I wouldn’t call Marisa’s elimination a robbery, since Tanner did good as well. Additionally, this “robbery” does by no means justify the nasty comments and actions Marisa was making on social media. (!) Marisa was certainly a firecracker contestant this season, in terms of performances, personality, and actions on social media. Since I am basing this primarily off of performances, Marisa still rests nicely in my Top 10, though I will say that her actions may have caused her to place a few spots lower than where I originally had her.

Clue: Rizzi Myers, Molly Stevens (Marisa joins the list of Team Kelly contestants who weren’t too pleased with their elimination and expressed this on social media.)

#7. Lain Roy (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Lain-Roy.jpg

Here he is, the man, the myth, the legend, Lain Roy! Lain is the last battle elimination to be ranked and I’m sure many of you are wondering why I have Lain so high up on this list! 😂 When the Season 19 spoilers were posted, there were four contestants I immediately clicked with after watching a few covers from them. Lain was one of those early favorites and I became invested in him (yeah, that sure worked out well…) I didn’t really expect Lain to impress as much as he did during his audition, but trust me, I had no complaints! 😅 Lain sang “Someone You Loved” for his audition and let’s be honest here, we are all sick of hearing covers of this song! :haha: Lain’s version felt so fresh and new though. His voice sounded great on the song and it’s definitely in my Top 10 favorite auditions of the season. Kelly even got emotional during it (poor thing, it’s been a rough year for her... 🥺) However, I’m guessing Lain didn’t live up to his amazing audition in his battle. When the battle spoilers were posted, I was devastated (I clearly haven’t learned from this event though lol.) What was even worse though was that they montaged Lain’s battle, so I couldn’t really hear him sing one last time. At least he sounded good in the short segment they showed. Some may think that #7 is way too high for Lain, but sometimes with these favorites, it comes down to who made the biggest impact on you. Lain got me invested from the beginning and kept me there with his audition, so he has that sentimental value going for him. I still plan on following and supporting his post show career as well. 😊 

Clue: Two US talent show winners, one’s first name and the other’s audition song (a reference to Laine Hardy, winner of American Idol S17, and Alisan Porter, winner of the TVUS S10. Alisan sang “Blue Bayou” for her audition, which was originally sung and recorded by Roy Orbison.)

#6. Kelsie Watts (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Kelsie-Watts.jpg

Kelsie was another one of my early favorites. She’s similar to Lain in that she didn’t make the lives, but I have a feeling her placement will be better received than his will. 😅 Kelsie delivered my second favorite audition of the season with her version of Kelly Clarkson’s “I Dare You.” It was also my favorite audition of that episode which might get some backlash considering who else was in that episode. :stealth: Anyway, I’ve seen people say that Kelsie is all about the high notes, which just isn’t true. She has a really pretty voice that makes some of the lower notes sound amazing! Obviously, the whistle note was the star of the show for this performance though. It just showed how massive of a range Kelsie had. The funny thing was that I don’t think any of the other coaches realized this was Kelly’s song until she said so. :giggle: Anyway, Kelsie got Kelly and Gwen to turn around, even though she deserved all four. :/ She picked Kelly for obvious reasons and moved on to the Battles where her battle with Emmalee was montaged. Luckily, Kelsie just recently posted a rehearsal video of their battle, so I at least have something of value to look over. 😅 I preferred Kelsie here because of her superior range, but this is only a rehearsal, so who knows how they did on stage. Kelsie moved on to the Knockouts where she gave her worst performance. If you were just given the names Madeline vs. Kelsie, with Madeline as the winner, you would scratch your head. However, the song choice reveals everything. Kelsie was given (she didn’t pick it) “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morisette for her Knockout performance. The song is a belter’s nightmare, as you can easily start to get too shouty. Kelsie started off okay, but as the performance progressed it started to get a little shouty. The ending was good though, so at least she ended on a good note. I don’t think this performance was as bad as people made it out to be, but it was definitely Kelsie’s weakest showing. Kelsie was eliminated after this and compared to another Team Kelly contestant, she definitely had a better attitude about losing. Overall, Kelsie is a contestant whose flawless audition and impressive range carried her all the way to my Top 10.

Clue: This contestant did something to guarantee that their audition would be aired (Kelsie mentioned in an interview that she chose “I Dare You” because she knew that the producers would make sure to air an audition where someone sang a coach’s song.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clue for #5 once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#6-10 Posted!!!!)
2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Lain's clue was tricky but clever. I got everybody else right though.

For anyone else wondering, here's the remaining contestants:

Cami Clune

Carter Rubin

Desz

Julia Cooper

Taryn Papa

Yeah, I might’ve made Lain’s clue too hard. :giggle: Thank you for posting the remaining contestants. :thumbs:

10. Madeline´s KO was really good, but otherwise she never really did anything for me. I´d put her at 20 or so.

9. Ryan was one of my favorites of the season, he stood out to me. I agree that perhaps 9 is a good ranking for him. 

8. Controversy aside, I´ve never been a fan of Marisa´s tone, but I admit she did kill her battle. Her blind didn´t do anything for me and her KO, while creative, was a mess. I´d put her at 23 or something.

7. Lain wasn´t for me, sorry. He is in between 30- 40 placing for me.

6. Kelsie´s audition was phenomenal, but her KO really brought her down. I´d have her at 16 I guess, solely because of her blind.

Also, surprised you´re having Desz that high, I thought she was more of a middle packer for you.

Good clue on Lain, btw, very clever.

Edited by Misirlou
20 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

10. Madeline´s KO was really good, but otherwise she never really did anything for me. I´d put her at 20 or so.

9. Ryan was one of my favorites of the season, he stood out to me. I agree that perhaps 9 is a good ranking for him. 

8. Controversy aside, I´ve never been a fan of Marisa´s tone, but I admit she did kill her battle. Her blind didn´t do anything for me and her KO, while creative, was a mess. I´d put her at 23 or something.

7. Lain wasn´t for me, sorry. He is in between 30- 40 placing for me.

6. Kelsie´s audition was phenomenal, but her KO really brought her down. I´d have her at 16 I guess, solely because of her blind.

Also, surprised you´re having Desz that high, I thought she was more of a middle packer for you.

Good clue on Lain, btw, very clever.

10. I thought she did great in her battle and knockout. 

9. I'm glad you agree with his placement.

8. I'm glad you liked her battle. I didn't find her KO a mess, but fair enough.

7. Oh, that's unfortunate. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm glad you liked the clue though!

6. Yeah, her audition was phenomenal, but her KO wasn't great. I still don't think the KO was terrible though.

Edited by Bk1234
27 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Great. :thumbs:

I would personally switch Ryan and Kelsie but I can totally see your preference here. Kelsie's BA was Super Crazy.

That’s understandable, I just had Kelsie higher because of her audition and the fact that she was one of my original favorites.

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

That’s understandable, I just had Kelsie higher because of her audition and the fact that she was one of my original favorites.

Yeah, I remember. Right after the BA spoilers you were hoping that all of a sudden Kelsie becomes a front-runner on Team Kelly.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I think I’ve actually decided to use this idea for the clues for the next set. 🙂

4 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I got all of them right, eventually... 🥳🥳🥳

smart jack black GIF

:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yeah, I remember. Right after the BA spoilers you were hoping that all of a sudden Kelsie becomes a front-runner on Team Kelly.

Yeah, unfortunately that didn’t happen. 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

#10. Madeline Consoer (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Madeline-Consoer.jpg

Kicking off my Top 10 is someone I never expected to like as much as I do now. Madeline started off her run with a pretty good performance of “GIRL” by Maren Morris. Her voice was perfect for the song and really is a good marketable, pop/country voice. My favorite part was the high note at the end which really showed me that Madeline had potential to go farther than I initially expected. Blake was definitely thinking of turning for this one, but he saw Kelly block him, so he didn’t. Madeline defaulted to Team Kelly and moved on to the battles where she really started to impress. Madeline’s battle song and pairing seemed to be a disadvantage at first glance. For one, she had to learn Spanish for some of her parts and she was against someone who was fluent in the language. However, partly thanks to Eli, she was able to learn her Spanish part and slay. Madeline was far superior to Eli here. Her vocals were much stronger and for some reason I am obsessed with the part where she sings “time is precious and it’s slipping away.” Overall, it was a very solid battle, but Madeline deservingly won it. Madeline’s Knockout performance of “Die From a Broken Heart” is the main reason why she is in my Top 10. The first thing that grabbed my attention was Madeline’s neon green/yellow dress. :haha: I was really impressed by how effortlessly Madeline navigated the notes and rhythm of the song. Her emotional delivery was also amazing. Kelly chose Madeline as the winner of the Knockout and Madeline moved on to the Playoffs after giving her best performance. Unfortunately, Madeline didn’t do too great in the Playoffs. She was very pitchy throughout the performance and the voters recognized that as she didn’t get PV or a chance to sing in the Instant Save. I would have liked to see her sing in the Instant Save instead of Tanner, but I expected the result. She mentioned that she would have sang a Martina song, so I hope she does a cover of it sometime in the future. Anyway, Madeline’s battle and Knockout performance prove why she is well deserving of this #10 spot.

Clue: A Chiquita banana (a reference to Ryan Gallagher’s comment on Madeline’s knockout outfit.)

#9. Ryan Gallagher (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Ryan-Gallagher.jpg

Me and Ryan have certainly had a rocky relationship in terms of support. Whether it be his well-received audition, “romance” with Kelly, obnoxious fanbase, or disqualification, Ryan certainly made a name for himself on the Voice this season. Ryan started off his run with a mesmerizing performance of “The Prayer” by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion. The way his smooth voice flowed from word to word was almost magical. Kelly seemed to be entranced by the performance too. 😅 I personally thought Ryan deserved to get more than two chairs, but I guess his style isn’t for everybody. 🤷‍♂️ Ryan sang “I Surrender” by Celine Dion with Marisa for his battle. Ryan sounded good in this battle, but Marisa (don’t worry, she’s next :giggle:) completely demolished the song. Ryan did mention that he wasn’t at his best since his mom was in the hospital though, so maybe he would have performed a little stronger had that not been the case. Marisa won the battle and deservingly so, though Ryan was saved. This was the first of my interactions with the horrible (and I mean HORRIBLE) people that make up Ryan’s fanbase (not the ones here on IDF, by the way.) They all believed Ryan deserved to win and constantly called Marisa a screamer. Not to mention, the lying and saying she was way out of tune (I’ve seen it all…) Ryan even said himself that Marisa deserved to win, so I don’t know what they were yapping about. 😂 Anyway, if you guys are still with me after that rant, Ryan is the second of the four-way knockout contestants to be ranked. He sang “Time to Say Goodbye,” and even though I will never admit it elsewhere, gave the best performance out of everyone in the four-way knockout. :stealth: He finally showed off more of his range and even Gwen gave him a standing ovation! As many of you know, I was rooting for a certain other contestant in the four-way knockout, so I never really got to share my true feelings on this performance. It looked like Ryan was all clear to win the four-way knockout and become a major threat in the competition, but then he was disqualified for reasons that have not been clearly identified. If he truly did break COVID-19 protocols, then his disqualification was justified. However, we don’t know the full story, so all we can do is wait and hope everything gets cleared up. On a more positive note, Ryan’s studio version of “Perfect Symphony” is really nice and I like the popera direction he seemed to be headed in. It’s really unfortunate that Ryan was disqualified, but maybe it’s good that I had some time away from him to properly assess my thoughts and put him in my Top 10.

Clue: This contestant really did say goodbye after their last performance (a reference to the irony of Ryan’s performance of “Time to Say Goodbye,” which was his last performance on the show before getting disqualified.)

#8. Marisa Corvo (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Marisa-Corvo.jpg

Marisa Corvo is certainly one of the more interesting contestants to come out of this season. :giggle: I guess she wanted to steal Ryan G’s title of “most controversial contestant of the season.” Anyway, Marisa never really had a bad performance, in my eyes. She delivered my favorite audition of episode one with her phenomenal version of P!nk’s “Perfect.” Only true queens like Marisa improve their performance after stepping away from the piano. :haha: I loved that Marisa made the performance fun and engaging, while also showing off her amazing range. Marisa picked Kelly, which makes sense genre-wise (she probably regrets that decision now lol), and moved on to the Battles, where things really started to spice up. Marisa slayed her parts in “I Surrender” and STILL received hate from the Ryan stans for “screaming over Ryan,” “yelling,” and “purposely” not letting Ryan be heard (yes, I did a YouTube comment search for this. :yes:) I don’t even know what to say about these absurd claims, so let’s just move on to Marisa’s knockout performance. 😅 Marisa created a unique version of Cher’s “If I Could Turn Back Time” and while it was probably her weakest showing, it wasn’t a bad performance per se. It was a little shaky in the beginning, but Marisa improved as she began to show off more of her range throughout the song. Unfortunately, Kelly chose Tanner over Marisa which was definitely questionable. Even if Marisa was at her weakest, she was still on the same level as Tanner in terms of performance, so picking Marisa to have a more diverse (in terms of genre) Top 17 would have been nice. The even more frustrating thing is that Gwen was saving her steal for Marisa, but decided to use it on Ben… :/ However, I wouldn’t call Marisa’s elimination a robbery, since Tanner did good as well. Additionally, this “robbery” does by no means justify the nasty comments and actions Marisa was making on social media. (!) Marisa was certainly a firecracker contestant this season, in terms of performances, personality, and actions on social media. Since I am basing this primarily off of performances, Marisa still rests nicely in my Top 10, though I will say that her actions may have caused her to place a few spots lower than where I originally had her.

Clue: Rizzi Myers, Molly Stevens (Marisa joins the list of Team Kelly contestants who weren’t too pleased with their elimination and expressed this on social media.)

#7. Lain Roy (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Lain-Roy.jpg

Here he is, the man, the myth, the legend, Lain Roy! Lain is the last battle elimination to be ranked and I’m sure many of you are wondering why I have Lain so high up on this list! 😂 When the Season 19 spoilers were posted, there were four contestants I immediately clicked with after watching a few covers from them. Lain was one of those early favorites and I became invested in him (yeah, that sure worked out well…) I didn’t really expect Lain to impress as much as he did during his audition, but trust me, I had no complaints! 😅 Lain sang “Someone You Loved” for his audition and let’s be honest here, we are all sick of hearing covers of this song! :haha: Lain’s version felt so fresh and new though. His voice sounded great on the song and it’s definitely in my Top 10 favorite auditions of the season. Kelly even got emotional during it (poor thing, it’s been a rough year for her... 🥺) However, I’m guessing Lain didn’t live up to his amazing audition in his battle. When the battle spoilers were posted, I was devastated (I clearly haven’t learned from this event though lol.) What was even worse though was that they montaged Lain’s battle, so I couldn’t really hear him sing one last time. At least he sounded good in the short segment they showed. Some may think that #7 is way too high for Lain, but sometimes with these favorites, it comes down to who made the biggest impact on you. Lain got me invested from the beginning and kept me there with his audition, so he has that sentimental value going for him. I still plan on following and supporting his post show career as well. 😊 

Clue: Two US talent show winners, one’s first name and the other’s audition song (a reference to Laine Hardy, winner of American Idol S17, and Alisan Porter, winner of the TVUS S10. Alisan sang “Blue Bayou” for her audition, which was originally sung and recorded by Roy Orbison.)

#6. Kelsie Watts (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Kelsie-Watts.jpg

Kelsie was another one of my early favorites. She’s similar to Lain in that she didn’t make the lives, but I have a feeling her placement will be better received than his will. 😅 Kelsie delivered my second favorite audition of the season with her version of Kelly Clarkson’s “I Dare You.” It was also my favorite audition of that episode which might get some backlash considering who else was in that episode. :stealth: Anyway, I’ve seen people say that Kelsie is all about the high notes, which just isn’t true. She has a really pretty voice that makes some of the lower notes sound amazing! Obviously, the whistle note was the star of the show for this performance though. It just showed how massive of a range Kelsie had. The funny thing was that I don’t think any of the other coaches realized this was Kelly’s song until she said so. :giggle: Anyway, Kelsie got Kelly and Gwen to turn around, even though she deserved all four. :/ She picked Kelly for obvious reasons and moved on to the Battles where her battle with Emmalee was montaged. Luckily, Kelsie just recently posted a rehearsal video of their battle, so I at least have something of value to look over. 😅 I preferred Kelsie here because of her superior range, but this is only a rehearsal, so who knows how they did on stage. Kelsie moved on to the Knockouts where she gave her worst performance. If you were just given the names Madeline vs. Kelsie, with Madeline as the winner, you would scratch your head. However, the song choice reveals everything. Kelsie was given (she didn’t pick it) “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morisette for her Knockout performance. The song is a belter’s nightmare, as you can easily start to get too shouty. Kelsie started off okay, but as the performance progressed it started to get a little shouty. The ending was good though, so at least she ended on a good note. I don’t think this performance was as bad as people made it out to be, but it was definitely Kelsie’s weakest showing. Kelsie was eliminated after this and compared to another Team Kelly contestant, she definitely had a better attitude about losing. Overall, Kelsie is a contestant whose flawless audition and impressive range carried her all the way to my Top 10.

Clue: This contestant did something to guarantee that their audition would be aired (Kelsie mentioned in an interview that she chose “I Dare You” because she knew that the producers would make sure to air an audition where someone sang a coach’s song.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clue for #5 once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

10. I liked all of Madeline's pre-lives! Maybe she isn't in my Top 10, but she's probably just below that.

9. I'm still disappointed we didn't get to hear his live version of "Perfect Symphony", it's unfortunate that he got himself disqualified. He was one of the people I was pulling for this season.

8. Echoing everything @Misirlou said.

7. Again what @Misirlou said 😅

6. You said the KO wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be, but in my opinion, it WAS that bad. That alone wouldn't make me put her anywhere near the Top 10. I loved her audition though.

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

10. I liked all of Madeline's pre-lives! Maybe she isn't in my Top 10, but she's probably just below that.

9. I'm still disappointed we didn't get to hear his live version of "Perfect Symphony", it's unfortunate that he got himself disqualified. He was one of the people I was pulling for this season.

8. Echoing everything @Misirlou said.

7. Again what @Misirlou said 😅

6. You said the KO wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be, but in my opinion, it WAS that bad. That alone wouldn't make me put her anywhere near the Top 10. I loved her audition though.

10. I liked them as well! 😊 Unfortunately, she fumbled in her PO performance. ☹️

9. Yeah, the whole disqualification situation is unfortunate. 

8. I didn’t know her voice was that polarizing. :haha:

7. Oh, that’s ok. 🥲

6. Her KO performance actually grew on me. 😅 I guess that’s understandable though. Yes, her audition was AMAZING! 🤩

• Like 1

10. Madeline is actually also my 10th place! That knockout performance was insanely good

9. Ryan would be in my 11-15 ranking place, but I get why he’s high on your list!

8. Marisa would also be in my 11-15 ranking place

7. Lain would be in my 30-40 ranking as well, possibly even 36-40 lol

6. Kelsie same as Ryan/Marisa

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#1-5 Posted!!!!)