Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#1-5 Posted!!!!)

Bk1234

#30. Olivia Reyes (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Olivia-Reyes.jpg

Finally someone from Team Legend! :haha: Olivia is someone who I feel is quite underrated. She’s not criminally underrated or anything, but I felt like she had a solid run on the show that deserves a lot more praise. Olivia kicked off her run with her audition performance of “Falling” by Harry Styles. I thought there were a few pitchy spots and I wasn’t a huge fan of the arrangement, but I felt Olivia did what she needed to do for the audition. She showcased her solid pop/r&b voice and she got John and Gwen to turn around. I was actually surprised that Kelly didn’t turn for her. Olivia picked John which probably wasn’t the best decision, considering how stacked his team was post-Blinds, but I guess John appealed more genre-wise. Olivia moved on to the Battles where she faced Tamara, a vocal beast. Luckily for Olivia, Tamara either held back or just performed poorly, because I thought Olivia and Tamara were pretty much at the same level during the battle. Olivia did much better than her audition. She utilized her voice well, but as a stand alone performance, I thought it was very average. Olivia was eliminated after this battle, which is understandable for someone who knows Tamara’s vocal potential. Overall, I feel that Olivia had a solid run and that her run ended at a good point. 

Clue: Unfortunately, this contestant didn’t do as well as the Voice alum they knew (Olivia knew Jermaine Paul, winner of Season 2 of the Voice, but unfortunately she didn’t make it past the Battles.)

#29. Eli Zamora (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Eli-Zamora.jpg

Eli is someone who I felt could have made the lives had he performed better in his battle. I personally thought that his audition was fantastic. He added so much passion and emotion to the song. Not to mention, he showed great vocal prowess during the performance. I saw a few people mention that he only got a chair turn because he sang in Spanish, but I personally thought he slayed and deserved more than a one-chair turn. Kelly was the only one who turned and I think he got the best option for him, since Kelly really seems to appreciate the Spanish language. Eli moved on to the Battles and was paired with Madeline Consoer. You’d think Eli did better considering the song choice, but I felt that Eli’s voice was noticeably weaker than Madeline’s. This weakness was something that I had not seen in his audition, but it definitely justifies the result of the battle. Eli definitely had potential to go far after his audition, but unfortunately he just couldn’t live up to that high standard.

Clue: Yahir -> Lupillo Rivera (a reference to Eli’s run on La Voz Mexico- he was originally on Yahir’s team, but was then stolen by Lupillo Rivera.)

#28. Casmѐ (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Casme.jpg

Casmѐ is a contestant who I felt deserved more than a one-chair turn for her audition. She flat out slayed with her soulful voice. She showed range, power, and soul. I loved how she added so much of her personality and flavor into the performance too. Unfortunately, only John turned, which I’m sure she was more than happy with. Casmѐ sang “You’re All I Need to Get By” with Rio Souma for her battle. I preferred Rio in the battle, but Casmѐ slayed with those big soulful notes! John chose Casmѐ to move on to the Knockouts, where she gave her weakest performance. The song choice was just a big no for her. It was too much of a pop song, so she couldn’t use her soulful voice to her advantage. She also hit a lot of bad notes, which were especially noticeable in the belting parts. Casmѐ was eliminated after this performance, and understandably so. She had great performances in the auditions and Battles, but unfortunately this poor song choice/performance sunk her to my bottom 15.

Clue: Same song, same coach, less chair turns (Casmѐ sang “Baby I Love You” for her audition and John became her coach just like Katie Kadan, with the main difference being that Katie was a four-chair turn while Casmѐ was a one-chair turn.)

#27. Lauren Frihauf (Team Gwen -> Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Lauren-Frihauf.jpg

Lauren is one of those contestants that you rank fairly high because of one really good showing. In this case, it was Lauren’s showing during her battle with Payge that really impressed me. Lauren started off her run on the show with a very average performance of “Come to My Window” by Melissa Etheridge. The performance got a little shouty and there were points where I couldn’t really understand what Lauren was saying. I’m glad Lauren chose Gwen, as I felt Gwen was good for her stylistically (though she got to work with both John and Gwen anyway.) Lauren delivered her best performance during her battle with Payge Turner. “If the World Was Ending” is completely different from “Come to My Window” genre wise, but Lauren truly shined with the more subtle song. It allowed her to show off the beautiful intricacies of her voice. She lost the battle, but was stolen by Blake and John, with her choosing to join Team Legend (by the way, Lauren is the first steal to be ranked.) Lauren’s knockout song brought her back to her more rocker side. Lauren sang a unique version of “Cry Baby,” which is usually a tough song to sing without getting too shouty. Lauren didn’t get shouty, but there was just something off with the arrangement of the song. It kind of lacked the intensity that I expected from the song. I preferred Lauren over Bailey in this knockout, but Lauren was eliminated after it. If Lauren had stuck to the softer side she displayed in her battle, she would have probably been much higher in my rankings. 

Clue: If the world was ending You’d come over, right? You’d come to my window and you’d stay the night  (lyrics to Lauren’s battle song, “If the World Was Ending,” with the inclusion of the title of Lauren’s audition song, “Come to My Window.”)

#26. James Pyle (Team Legend -> Team Blake)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-James-Pyle.jpg

Ah, looks like two battle steals show up back to back! James was the last person to audition for Season 19 and he filled up Team Legend. The coaches say that he would have been a four-chair turn if they had room on their teams, but something tells me that that wouldn’t have happened. :giggle:James sang “Watermelon Sugar” by Harry Styles and I really enjoyed his arrangement of the song. It allowed him to throw in some high notes and add some of his personality to the song. I also thought James had very good stage presence for the small number of gigs he did. He deserved at least a three-chair turn in my book, but obviously everyone else was full, so he defaulted to John. James was paired with Cami Clune and together they delivered one of the best battles of the season. I originally wasn’t a huge fan of the arrangement, but I have come to love it! James’ solos were just as strong as Cami’s, so the winner was definitely a hard call. James lost the battle, but thankfully he was stolen by Blake. James moved on to the Knockouts where he delivered his weakest performance. “In My Blood” was just too belty for James, in my opinion. All the unique artistry that he showcased in his audition and knockout were just kind of erased after this performance. Not to mention, some of the higher notes were a little pitchy. This performance and the fact that James never had me fully sold with his performances are the reasons why I have James fairly low on this list.

Clue: The last audition of Season 19 (James filled John’s team, the only team that still had space, therefore he was the last person to audition for the coaches.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#26-30 Posted!!!!)
2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

#30. Olivia Reyes (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Olivia-Reyes.jpg

Finally someone from Team Legend! :haha: Olivia is someone who I feel is quite underrated. She’s not criminally underrated or anything, but I felt like she had a solid run on the show that deserves a lot more praise. Olivia kicked off her run with her audition performance of “Falling” by Harry Styles. I thought there were a few pitchy spots and I wasn’t a huge fan of the arrangement, but I felt Olivia did what she needed to do for the audition. She showcased her solid pop/r&b voice and she got John and Gwen to turn around. I was actually surprised that Kelly didn’t turn for her. Olivia picked John which probably wasn’t the best decision, considering how stacked his team was post-Blinds, but I guess John appealed more genre-wise. Olivia moved on to the Battles where she faced Tamara, a vocal beast. Luckily for Olivia, Tamara either held back or just performed poorly, because I thought Olivia and Tamara were pretty much at the same level during the battle. Olivia did much better than her audition. She utilized her voice well, but as a stand alone performance, I thought it was very average. Olivia was eliminated after this battle, which is understandable for someone who knows Tamara’s vocal potential. Overall, I feel that Olivia had a solid run and that her run ended at a good point. 

Clue: Unfortunately, this contestant didn’t do as well as the Voice alum they knew (Olivia knew Jermaine Paul, winner of Season 2 of the Voice, but unfortunately she didn’t make it past the Battles.)

#29. Eli Zamora (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Eli-Zamora.jpg

Eli is someone who I felt could have made the lives had he performed better in his battle. I personally thought that his audition was fantastic. He added so much passion and emotion to the song. Not to mention, he showed great vocal prowess during the performance. I saw a few people mention that he only got a chair turn because he sang in Spanish, but I personally thought he slayed and deserved more than a one-chair turn. Kelly was the only one who turned and I think he got the best option for him, since Kelly really seems to appreciate the Spanish language. Eli moved on to the Battles and was paired with Madeline Consoer. You’d think Eli did better considering the song choice, but I felt that Eli’s voice was noticeably weaker than Madeline’s. This weakness was something that I had not seen in his audition, but it definitely justifies the result of the battle. Eli definitely had potential to go far after his audition, but unfortunately he just couldn’t live up to that high standard.

Clue: Yahir -> Lupillo Rivera (a reference to Eli’s run on La Voz Mexico- he was originally on Yahir’s team, but was then stolen by Lupillo Rivera.)

#28. Casmѐ (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Casme.jpg

Casmѐ is a contestant who I felt deserved more than a one-chair turn for her audition. She flat out slayed with her soulful voice. She showed range, power, and soul. I loved how she added so much of her personality and flavor into the performance too. Unfortunately, only John turned, which I’m sure she was more than happy with. Casmѐ sang “You’re All I Need to Get By” with Rio Souma for her battle. I preferred Rio in the battle, but Casmѐ slayed with those big soulful notes! John chose Casmѐ to move on to the Knockouts, where she gave her weakest performance. The song choice was just a big no for her. It was too much of a pop song, so she couldn’t use her soulful voice to her advantage. She also hit a lot of bad notes, which were especially noticeable in the belting parts. Casmѐ was eliminated after this performance, and understandably so. She had great performances in the auditions and Battles, but unfortunately this poor song choice/performance sunk her to my bottom 15.

Clue: Same song, same coach, less chair turns (Casmѐ sang “Baby I Love You” for her audition and John became her coach just like Katie Kadan, with the main difference being that Katie was a four-chair turn while Casmѐ was a one-chair turn.)

#27. Lauren Frihauf (Team Gwen -> Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Lauren-Frihauf.jpg

Lauren is one of those contestants that you rank fairly high because of one really good showing. In this case, it was Lauren’s showing during her battle with Payge that really impressed me. Lauren started off her run on the show with a very average performance of “Come to My Window” by Melissa Etheridge. The performance got a little shouty and there were points where I couldn’t really understand what Lauren was saying. I’m glad Lauren chose Gwen, as I felt Gwen was good for her stylistically (though she got to work with both John and Gwen anyway.) Lauren delivered her best performance during her battle with Payge Turner. “If the World Was Ending” is completely different from “Come to My Window” genre wise, but Lauren truly shined with the more subtle song. It allowed her to show off the beautiful intricacies of her voice. She lost the battle, but was stolen by Blake and John, with her choosing to join Team Legend (by the way, Lauren is the first steal to be ranked.) Lauren’s knockout song brought her back to her more rocker side. Lauren sang a unique version of “Cry Baby,” which is usually a tough song to sing without getting too shouty. Lauren didn’t get shouty, but there was just something off with the arrangement of the song. It kind of lacked the intensity that I expected from the song. I preferred Lauren over Bailey in this knockout, but Lauren was eliminated after it. If Lauren had stuck to the softer side she displayed in her battle, she would have probably been much higher in my rankings. 

Clue: If the world was ending You’d come over, right? You’d come to my window and you’d stay the night  (lyrics to Lauren’s battle song, “If the World Was Ending,” with the inclusion of the title of Lauren’s audition song, “Come to My Window.”)

#26. James Pyle (Team Legend -> Team Blake)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-James-Pyle.jpg

Ah, looks like two battle steals show up back to back! James was the last person to audition for Season 19 and he filled up Team Legend. The coaches say that he would have been a four-chair turn if they had room on their teams, but something tells me that that wouldn’t have happened. :giggle:James sang “Watermelon Sugar” by Harry Styles and I really enjoyed his arrangement of the song. It allowed him to throw in some high notes and add some of his personality to the song. I also thought James had very good stage presence for the small number of gigs he did. He deserved at least a three-chair turn in my book, but obviously everyone else was full, so he defaulted to John. James was paired with Cami Clune and together they delivered one of the best battles of the season. I originally wasn’t a huge fan of the arrangement, but I have come to love it! James’ solos were just as strong as Cami’s, so the winner was definitely a hard call. James lost the battle, but thankfully he was stolen by Blake. James moved on to the Knockouts where he delivered his weakest performance. “In My Blood” was just too belty for James, in my opinion. All the unique artistry that he showcased in his audition and knockout were just kind of erased after this performance. Not to mention, some of the higher notes were a little pitchy. This performance and the fact that James never had me fully sold with his performances are the reasons why I have James fairly low on this list.

Clue: The last audition of Season 19 (James filled John’s team, the only team that still had space, therefore he was the last person to audition for the coaches.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

The clues this time around were noticeably easier than the ones last time. I feel like the next few rounds will be a little more intense though. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

The clues this time around were noticeably easier than the ones last time. I feel like the next few rounds will be a little more intense though. 

Yeah, I tried to make this set’s clues a little easier. The next clues (which I’m posting later today) will be harder.

Edited by Bk1234

Here are the clues for the next set. Remember the order of the clues DOES NOT reflect the contestant’s placement. 

-Unfortunately, this contestant didn’t cruise through the competition

-This contestant was deemed a frontrunner by IDF, but when the Battles came, this contestant failed to add “excelled on the Voice” to their prestigious resume

-So forgetful that even one of the other contestants forgot to follow them

-The battle partner of one of the contestants in this set

-Deemed the superior cowboy by a certain coach

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Here are the clues for the next set. Remember the order of the clues DOES NOT reflect the contestant’s placement. 

-This contestant was deemed a frontrunner by IDF, but when the Battles came, this contestant failed to add “excelled on the Voice” to their prestigious resume

Rio

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Has Tanner been ranked yet @Bk1234?

42 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

The first clue is definitely about Rio Souma because he sang "Cruisin" during the blinds. 😌

The second clue is probably about Liam bc his biography on The Voice app mentions that he has a MBA and had a successful marketing career. Sadly, Liam was eliminated in the battles in favour of boring Ryan. 😭

I'm not exactly sure about the third clue but I'm going to guess and say that it refers to Joseph Soul. 🤔

The fourth clue is probably about Ryan because he was Liam's battle partner. Casmè (Rio's partner) and Skylar (Tanner's partner) were already ranked. And if Joseph Soul is the answer to the third clue, there's no way DeSz (Joseph's partner) would be ranked so low on the list. 😉

The last clue is definitely about Tanner Gomes, who Kelly affectionately calls her cowboy. BTW, speaking of which, Tanner's farewell speech to Kelly during the live playoffs was kinda sweet but so cringeworthy. 😖

Edited by disney1024

42 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

First clue: Rio Souma (sang Cruisin as his blinds song but got cut in the battles)

Second clue: ??? (somebody upthread guessed Liam which seems like it could work given it's between him and Lain for battle eliminations who haven't been ranked and Liam's older so more likely to have a "prestigious resume" at this point)

Third clue: Joseph Soul (it was discovered at one point Taryn followed everyone except Joseph from the top 17)

Fourth clue: ??? (Ryan Berg or Chloe Hogan, depending on if Liam or Lain is the answer to clue #2 but I'm leaning Ryan given I think clue #2 refers to Liam)

Fifth clue: Tanner Gomes (he was the lone country artist to wear a cowboy hat, so...)

8 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

The first clue is definitely about Rio Souma because he sang "Cruisin" during the blinds. 😌

The second clue is probably about Liam bc his biography on The Voice app mentions that he has a MBA and had a successful marketing career. Sadly, Liam was eliminated in the battles in favour of boring Ryan. 😭

I'm not exactly sure about the third clue but I'm going to guess and say that it refers to Joseph Soul. 🤔

The fourth clue is probably about Ryan because he was Liam's battle partner. Casmè (Rio's partner) and Skylar (Tanner's partner) were already ranked. And if Joseph Soul is the answer to the third clue, there's no way DeSz (Joseph's partner) would be ranked so low on the list. 😉

The last clue is definitely about Tanner Gomes, who Kelly affectionately calls her cowboy. BTW, speaking of which, Tanner's farewell speech to Kelly during the live playoffs was kinda sweet but so cringeworthy. 😖

Just now, VintageVoice said:

First clue: Rio Souma (sang Cruisin as his blinds song but got cut in the battles)

Second clue: ??? (somebody upthread guessed Liam which seems like it could work given it's between him and Lain for battle eliminations who haven't been ranked and Liam's older so more likely to have a "prestigious resume" at this point)

Third clue: Joseph Soul (it was discovered at one point Taryn followed everyone except Joseph from the top 17)

Fourth clue: ??? (Ryan Berg or Chloe Hogan, depending on if Liam or Lain is the answer to clue #2 but I'm leaning Ryan given I think clue #2 refers to Liam)

Fifth clue: Tanner Gomes (he was the lone country artist to wear a cowboy hat, so...)

All good guesses! Let’s see if you’re right...

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

-rio souma

-liam st. john/lain roy??

-???

-ryan berg?? (big guess, they might be the battle partner of clue 3)

-tanner gomes

edit: people are saying #3 could be joseph, in which case desz would definitely not be this low

Edited by QueenCami