The voice Australia season 10

thevoiceisthetop

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Where is Baylor’s audition? Did they not upload it to YouTube? :( 

Most likely a copyright reasons - most countries outside of the US have strict copyrights laws when it comes to songs on youtube. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, *Chris said:

Most likely a copyright reasons - most countries outside of the US have strict copyrights laws when it comes to songs on youtube. 

Aww, that’s a bummer. 🥲 I love her audition.

Can’t do a ranking yet because I haven’t seen Baylie’s audition, but Cassie’s audition is probably my favorite of the season. So happy she isn’t on Team Guy. It’s also weird how Keith got 3 this episode and Jess got 0 (the team that is the most desperate for a favorite of mine). Hopefully, Jess and Rita will get some great talents next week, their teams are struggling a bit. Jess doesn’t have a favorite of mine and Rita has only 1 contestant I really like

12 contestants got 4 chairs this week, which is a Week 1 record in Australia. At this rate, they will probably hit 20, especially with the unlimited turns

5 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Hopefully, Jess and Rita will get some great talents next week, their teams are struggling a bit.

Hopefully, queens Penelope Pettigrew and Ella Monnery joined either of their team :wub:. Really cannot wait for these two aaahhh

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Catching up now - let`s start with Episode 1!

1. Drew Walker :  She reminded me a lot of Birdy meets Delta Goodrem; I am looking forward to hearing more from her - she has a nice tone and definitely have potential of being a top favourite.
  2. Bella Taylor Smith She came in like a wrecking ball - she completely blew me a way. I thought she showcased great restraints but still giving us hint that she is a SINGER - she's right up my alley; I can't wait to hear more from her.
  3. Sofia Watt Woah, this audition is IT! She screams ''I will be Chris' favourite'' - she reminds me a lot of my international favourite and I think she has ton of potential if given the proper song! 
  4. Olivia Vasquez Not really my type of contestants - I'm generally not big on the ''Top 40'' kind of contestants. I thought the song choice was a odd one for the audition but she made it work. I do think Jess could give her a few pointers though.
  5. Darren Constable : He's good at what he does but it's not doing it for me; I've seen contestants like him that did a better job. 
  6. Joey Chan Super experienced but the song choice did not do her any justice - on another season, she would have made it through.
  7. Byron Gann Personally, I would not have turned around for him - the nerves got the best of him and it didn`t do justice of a very popular song; It felt that he was do spoken word with music behind instead of SINGING.

TEAM CHRIS

1. Drew Walker
  2. Bella Taylor Smith
  3. Sofia Watt
Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

Onto episode 2, now. 

1. Adrian Hood : Sir, who do you think you are coming out here and completely snatch my wig? Seriously, I was not expecting this at all. I am in love with his audition, his voice, and his rendition - John Mayer is shook. 
  2. Sian Fuller Ah, much better than Jordan. Love her tone and the rendition of the song - I want more from her. Not a favourite but enough to be on my team. 
  3. Evile Jireh Sisifo Laloata Incredible voice and he took on one of my all-time favourite song - unfortunately, not my favourite rendition of the song though. 

4. Jemma Beach I am actually surprised that she did not receive a chair turn but Lozz did... I personally preferred Jemma and I think she has more to offer. I think we lost something special - I actually preferred her over a few of the chairs turn. 
  5. Jordan Fuller  Great rendition of this song - I think it was a tad bit overrated by Rita but still good. 
  6. Janaki Easwar For her age, she is very impressive - she made me fall in love with a Billie Eilish song, and only one other person was ever able to achieve that. But that being said, her age also came through with the rendition and I think she will struggle with selling meaning of the song as she goes forward.  Overall, good singer but lack substances for me. 

7. Lozz Benson I am a Shania fanatic so super excited that she took on Shania but there was missing a spark for me - I do like she made the song into her own but it didn't end up working for me. 

TEAM CHRIS - Italic means that they have the possibility of getting bumped off my team. 

1. Drew Walker
  2. Bella Taylor Smith
  3. Sofia Watt
  4. Adiran Hood
  5. Sian Fuller
  6. Evile Jireh Sisifo

6 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Onto episode 2, now. 

1. Adrian Hood : Sir, who do you think you are coming out here and completely snatch my wig? Seriously, I was not expecting this at all. I am in love with his audition, his voice, and his rendition - John Mayer is shook. 
  2. Sian Fuller Ah, much better than Jordan. Love her tone and the rendition of the song - I want more from her. Not a favourite but enough to be on my team. 
  3. Evile Jireh Sisifo Laloata Incredible voice and he took on one of my all-time favourite song - unfortunately, not my favourite rendition of the song though. 

4. Jemma Beach I am actually surprised that she did not receive a chair turn but Lozz did... I personally preferred Jemma and I think she has more to offer. I think we lost something special - I actually preferred her over a few of the chairs turn. 
  5. Jordan Fuller  Great rendition of this song - I think it was a tad bit overrated by Rita but still good. 
  6. Janaki Easwar For her age, she is very impressive - she made me fall in love with a Billie Eilish song, and only one other person was ever able to achieve that. But that being said, her age also came through with the rendition and I think she will struggle with selling meaning of the song as she goes forward.  Overall, good singer but lack substances for me. 

7. Lozz Benson I am a Shania fanatic so super excited that she took on Shania but there was missing a spark for me - I do like she made the song into her own but it didn't end up working for me. 

TEAM CHRIS - Italic means that they have the possibility of getting bumped off my team. 

1. Drew Walker
  2. Bella Taylor Smith
  3. Sofia Watt
  4. Adiran Hood
  5. Sian Fuller
  6. Evile Jireh Sisifo

CHRISSSSS! Glad to have you here!

So happy you liked Adrian, he's currently my top fave out of the three episodes. Hope you can catch up on the third coz you-know-who is there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Omg, I love Dan’s personality. He’s so genuine. 🥺💕 His voice is amazing too!

Adrian is my technical favorite, and Dan is my sentimental favorite. I just love how pure Dan comes off on stage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sabina said:

Dan Eade "Home"  picked Keith

LOL at them crediting Blake on Home. And yes I know he did a country cover, but even he calls it a Buble song.

Edited by AngelaKD

11 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

LOL at them crediting Blake on Home. And yes I know he did a country cover, but even he calls it a Buble song.

I was also confused by that. I thought it would be a different song that I didn’t know

21 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I was also confused by that. I thought it would be a different song that I didn’t know

Blake had a #1 country hit with it, but everyone understood that it was a cover song. 

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

Blake had a #1 country hit with it, but everyone understood that it was a cover song. 

I know that he covered this, but the thing about artists that get credit for the covers is that the covers are way more known than the original and many people don’t know that they are covers (I Will Always Love You, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, I Love Rock and Roll). Everyone knows that Home is by Michael Buble, and he is way more associated with that song than Blake Shelton. 

Just now, Cookie73 said:

I know that he covered this, but the thing about artists that get credit for the covers is that the covers are way more known than the original and many people don’t know that they are covers (I Will Always Love You, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, I Love Rock and Roll). Everyone knows that Home is by Michael Buble, and he is way more associated with that song than Blake Shelton. 

yeah, that’s why my initial post started LOL. We agree!

• Like 1

My ranking

1. Cassie McIvor

2. Abbey Greene

3. Tanya George

4. Baylie Carson

5. Dan Eade

This was the weakest episode so far, but that’s typical with Episode 3. Cassie gave the best vocal of the season so far, and Abbey gave a good performance that seems like it will be underrated, but I didn’t love the other three auditions. Tanya was a cool looper, but it’s not that memorable besides the looping. Baylie’s audition just had too much going on, and I don’t like when singers change the melody and rhythm this much while trying to show off. She’s a great vocalist, she just needs to restrain a bit. Dan’s audition has the opposite problem, that he held back too much. He has a good personality though. I would have turned for Blair and he was in my Top 3 of the night. I have a feeling only a few people from this episode will survive the cuts (And one will be Cassie).

I am going to start tracking my Top 5 for each team to show who I would advance past the cuts (maybe include an honorary 6 because there is a chance that my #6 will get picked)