The voice Australia season 10

thevoiceisthetop

So you’re telling me we get a female country singer and she doesn’t turn a chair? :( I would have liked to see her on, but this wasn’t her best vocal, so I understand. Hopefully Sabrina turns a chair.

My rankings of the auditions so far:

Episode 1: 

1. Bella Taylor Smith - flawless, my snowflake :wub:

2. Drew Walker

3. Olivia Vasquez

4. Byron Garn

5. Sofia Watt

6. Darren Constable

Episode 2:

1. Janaki Easwar - 12? and so much talent? and an indian? i have to stan. :wub: (i'm indian as well so very excited to see some representation!)

2. Sian Fuller :wub:

3. Jordan Fuller :wub:

4. Evile Jireh Sisifo Laloata - I mean this was good but I didn't think it was double block worthy.

5. Adrian Hood

6. Lozz Benson

Also, I don't really like how there's already 9/12 4 Chair Turns. It just makes turning 4 chairs seem less special to me but hey, that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

I watched Evile’s audition on YT since my stream is sucking… He picked Jess, right? 

Evile was good, but I felt like the runs took away from the emotion of the song. Still though, congrats on that four chair turn with a double block! 😳

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jarmon said:

1. Janaki Easwar - 12? and so much talent? and an indian? i have to stan. :wub: (i'm indian as well so very excited to see some representation!)

2. Sian Fuller :wub:

3. Jordan Fuller :wub:

Same Top 3. I’m surprised Janaki surpassed the siblings for me, but she’s just THAT good. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

My rankings for Episode 2

1. Adrian Hood

2. Jordan Fuller

3. Sian Fuller

4. Janaki Easwar

5. Evile Laloata

6. Lozz Benson

1-3 are interchangeable for me, they are all fantastic auditions.

Guy has the strongest team no doubt, as I really liked all three, but his finalist seems obvious.

Keith has some good people, but my favorite is Drew

Rita has only two people, but I only really liked one of them (Sian)

Jess had a solid team as well, but none are really favorites of mine. I’m going with Olivia for now

Ok night for me. Still waiting for someone to WOW me. TVAu is good about spreading their auditions so something's gonna pop up randomly in the middle of an episode that I can't get over.

1. Jordan Fuller - Stronger than I was anticipating. Not a perfect performance by any means, but I did enjoy him. He needs to loosen up and I'm sure that'll come throughout his run on the show.

2. Adrian Hood - I like him, but I think I would've rather heard him on a different kind of song. Very strong vocalist! Also @Guy Sebastian stop getting the people I like please, thanks.

3. Evile Jireh Sisifo-Laloata - My proud moment of the day is that I only had to look back to his audition tab once to correct the name. Great voice, great performance, not entirely my thing though.

4. Sian Fuller - A lot of potential with this one at least. She has a nice voice but the performance was rather forgettable. I forgot the song til I looked back lol.

5. Lozz Benson - LOVE a good drummer! I love the song but it's not a particularly demanding song vocally so it's hard to gauge her still. She did do a solid job (vocals and drumming), but I can't really justify putting it up much higher than here compared to the other vocalists. I'd give her an honorary spot on my team though for the drumming alone :haha:

6. Janaki Easwar - She needs a couple years personally. I wanted to like her more than I ended up liking it. Some great parts at the end for sure, but the beginning and middle remained pretty stagnant for me and a different song would've done her better here. Her singing in her native language was GORGEOUS, however! Somehow incorporating that into the blind would've been breathtaking for sure and could've made it stand out even more. Best of luck to her on the show, though! She's definitely gifted.

My team so far I guess:

Bella Taylor Smith

Jordan Fuller

Adrian Hood

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jarmon said:

My rankings of the auditions so far:

Episode 1: 

1. Bella Taylor Smith - flawless, my snowflake :wub:

2. Drew Walker

3. Olivia Vasquez

4. Byron Garn

5. Sofia Watt

6. Darren Constable

Also, I don't really like how there's already 9/12 4 Chair Turns. It just makes turning 4 chairs seem less special to me but hey, that's just my opinion.

Going to watch Episode 2 later, so I can't comment on those ratings, but IIRC my top 2 are the same (maybe even top 3 but I'm too lazy to check :haha:)!!

Also, 100% agree on the 4CTs, I think I found this to be an issue as well during Season 9. I get that there are so many great ones, but it feels odd to me that almost everyone gets a 4CT. I suppose this could be because either the coaches are looking for really similar things in general, so they turn for similar performances (perhaps, for example, they turn when a performance isn't pitchy). However, it could also be the producers planning this to make things seem more exciting because mOrE fOuR cHaiR tUrnS iS bEtTeR!!!!  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Also, 100% agree on the 4CTs, I think I found this to be an issue as well during Season 9. I get that there are so many great ones, but it feels odd to me that almost everyone gets a 4CT. I suppose this could be because either the coaches are looking for really similar things in general, so they turn for similar performances (perhaps, for example, they turn when a performance isn't pitchy). However, it could also be the producers planning this to make things seem more exciting because mOrE fOuR cHaiR tUrnS iS bEtTeR!!!!  

Yes! It is very odd that there are so many 4 chair turns (not saying they don't deserve it) but like it's too much. Like, 4 chair turns are meant to be seen more as an accomplishment...and with everyone getting 4 chair turns, it just takes it away for me. But, then again I complain on The Voice USA that there should be more 4 chair turns and then I complain on The Voice Australia that there's too much LMAO

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Yes! It is very odd that there are so many 4 chair turns (not saying they don't deserve it) but like it's too much. Like, 4 chair turns are meant to be seen more as an accomplishment...and with everyone getting 4 chair turns, it just takes it away for me. But, then again I complain on The Voice USA that there should be more 4 chair turns and then I complain on The Voice Australia that there's too much LMAO

Agreed. My ideal amount is usually between more than the average US season but less than the average Australia season. Every year, there are easily about five 4 chair auditions that I don’t really like, or at least not enough to give 4 chairs. With Australia, however, I would rather have there be too many 4 chair turns than not enough, with how good the talent is. 

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jvrotiv said:

Abbey Rose will sing tomorrow at the blinds "How To Be Lonely" by Rita
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSVlR4_JTPn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Ooh, I’m excited for her! She’s one of the ones I’m on the fence about, so this could sway me. 

This cover of hers is insane. 
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRYIOyeAaM1/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

A promo revealed the "thunderstorm" 4 chair redheaded female to be Cassie McIvor. She will be singing It's All Coming Back to Me Now by Celine Dion.

She’s insane. Whoever gets her is really lucky (I hope it’s not Guy.)

What to expect tonight:

TUESDAY - August 10
Abbey Rose Green - How to Be Lonely (Rita Ora)
Baylie Carson - (flute player)
Cassie McIvor - It's All Coming Back to Me Now (Celine Dion)
Dan Eade - Home (Blake Shelton)
Tanya George - (live looper)

• Thanks 3