Best round to get the pimp spot

Misirlou

Best round to get the pimp spot  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Playoffs
    • Semifinals
    • Finale

Actually, I felt inspired to do some research and here how situation with pimp spots looked in S11-S18 and....

in Play-Offs only one winner got pimp spot and it was Todd Tilghman in S18...

in Semifinals, Jake Hoot in S17 was the only winner to get one....

in Finale, 4 winners performed last - Chris Blue (S12), Chloe Kohanski (S13), Brynn Cartelli (S14) and Maelyn Jarmon (S16). Surprisingly, Rose and Micah from last two seasons both got pimp spot then and got placed 4th/5th.

So, does it depend? I don't really think so - I feel like probably people getting pimp spot in the finale are kinda pushed by production to win and the most often they are pimped through the whole season - We and Kennedy getting finale pimp spots in their seasons is a good example of that. 

If I see a connection between results and performing last - people getting pimp spots are the most often in the finale, although it does not influence the final result.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone who has gotten the pimp spot in the semifinals has made it to the finale except Shawn sounds in s16. Getting in the finale is more important than getting to the top 12 (or top 9) because you get an original, duet/duets with your coach and usually a celebrity, and used to have other perks.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 11:20 AM, jakesz said:

Actually, I felt inspired to do some research and here how situation with pimp spots looked in S11-S18 and....

in Finale, 4 winners performed last - Chris Blue (S12), Chloe Kohanski (S13), Brynn Cartelli (S14) and Maelyn Jarmon (S16). Surprisingly, Rose and Micah from last two seasons both got pimp spot then and got placed 4th/5th.

So, does it depend? I don't really think so - I feel like probably people getting pimp spot in the finale are kinda pushed by production to win and the most often they are pimped through the whole season - We and Kennedy getting finale pimp spots in their seasons is a good example of that. 

If I see a connection between results and performing last - people getting pimp spots are the most often in the finale, although it does not influence the final result.

Micah never got a pimp spot. I don’t think Team Kelly in S18 EVER had a pimp spot 

On 12/12/2020 at 11:20 AM, jakesz said:

I agree. I don't think pimp spots during the live shows really impact the voting results all that much. It may influence some voters but not a significant amount of them. The research conducted by @jakesz effectively demonstrates this. Like they said, the artists that are "pimped" by TPTB are pushed by production to win throughout the whole season, like Thunderstorm Artis in season 18. Even then, Thunderstorm didn't even come in 2nd place, let alone winning the season. 🧐

Edited by disney1024

IMO, middle of the order is ideal, but I can’t prove it results in higher vote totals. They frequently use the top of the 2nd hour spot to keep viewers from changing the channel, so there’s a good chance the contestant in that spot is popular with the audience. 

• Like 1