Favorite/Least Favorite Team Legend (S16-S19 as of now)

Rodney

Favorite team John has had.  

39 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Most Favorite

• Season 16
    • Season 17
    • Season 18
    • Season 19
  2. 2. 2. Least Favorite

• Season 16
    • Season 17
    • Season 18
    • Season 19

Okay, then.  Let's now look at the four (thus far) teams of our EGOT winner, John Legend, and see which Team Legend was your favorite.

And least favorite.

I don't know.  I'm torn between the season sixteen and seventeen Team Legends.  Season sixteen was his first, and that has a sentimental value for me because it was his first-ever team.  I liked all but one of them pre-Lives -- Kayslin, Jacob, Matthew, Shawn, Betsy, Julian, Oliv, Lisa, Savannah, and, of course, the queen, Maelyn.  Denton was also good for his proposal snafu, but not much else.  Obviously, Talon was the one dud here, but at least he was dispatched quickly.  His Battle steal, Beth, was also great, though not so much with Jimmy.  And he definitely loses points for his Cross-Battle steal.  But he made the best of the (sucky) format with the team with which he wound up and actually gave them (at least Maelyn and Shawn) some pretty cool song choices, and he deservedly won with one of them.

However, season seventeen was an absolutely packed team.  Fresh off his win with Maelyn, it seemed like everyone wanted to flock to him.  Of course, it worked out for some of them, but not so much for others.  Still, I liked a good many here, too -- Max, Matt (sad to lose him so quickly, though; should've picked Gwen), Mendeleyev (see Matt), Khalea, Zoe, Destiny, Preston, Marybeth, Dane & Stephanie, and my favorite on his team, Katie.  I actually did like Will, too, until he started putting way too much into his performances.  Then, I was over him.  But what takes this team down a bit for me was the slew of bad choices he made in the pretaped rounds, one of which being his Knockout steal of Alex.  He still ended up with a decent team come the Lives, but it was a fair bit less impressive than it was post-Blinds.  And the song choices for his team went down majorly as the Lives went along.  Still, he became the fourth coach to get his top three to the semifinals intact (after Blake, Adam, and Kelly had all done it before), so that was something, I guess.

Hmm. . . . I might give the nod to season seventeen in terms of strength, but I think that John made overall better choices in season sixteen.  So I'll go with that one.

Oops!  Forgot least.  And that would be season eighteen.  Not only is that when John's extreme pickiness and outright snobbishness began in regards to turning around in the Blinds, it also started a season of decisions even worse than the ones he'd made in his first two seasons.  I didn't really like most of his team in this season.  Really only cared for Zan, Darious, Zach, Nelson, Cedrice, and Thunderstorm, and of course he throws most of them away and leaves the ones for whom I don't care as much on his team.  CammWess was a keeper, as well, but he fails to really rise to the superb level I'd have wanted from him.  And John's obsessions with Mandi and Mike were such a turn-off.  Honestly, if not for the semifinal format, he'd have deserved a wipeout almost as much as Kelly would've.

Edited by Rodney

Favorite => S19 _ Solely because of the legendary John Holiday.

Least Favorite => S18(Though I accidently pressed S16 :haha:) _ There was no one on his team that I loved(I loved Mandi but she got eliminated soon).

If the question was WHICH WAS JOHN'S BEST SEASON? then I would've definitely picked  S17.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

I'd say season 17 for best. He had 5 four-chair turns, which is more than the total amount of 4-chairs in season 19. Katie, Mendeleyev, Will, Marybeth, and Max had excellent blinds. Khalea, Matt, Preston, and Dane & Stephanie were good as well. Even the ones I haven't mentioned yet were decent. 

John has never really had a bad post-blinds team, so I'm choosing S16 bc even though it had some major highlights, it felt like it had the most filler.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

We're talking about like Lives teams or teams after blinds?

Any criteria or point in time you want.  As you saw in my entry, I described overall.  Just like the other polls.  But you're free to just base it on whatever you think is important to note.

Edited by Rodney

Best: Season 16 because The Queen is in it. She cancels out her ally flops with her and every other team that Legend has had.

Worst: Season 19 because besides Bailey, no one has lived up to above average performance level. And he threw away Cami.

HM: Season 17 was not bad tbh, Katie and Marybeth did well until Top 10 hit. This is where John flopped on everything, he had the win in his hands, but went with the worst song choices to not only throw the win, but only get 3rd and have Marybeth miss out on the Semis IS. I bet you damn well, with Blake and Kelly, that these two would have won and made Finale.

Edited by QueenMae16

S17 had a lot of contestants in his team I enjoyed for the long run. Great team overall.

He hasn´t had a bad post-blinds team at all honestly, since he always gets the best artists, but if we´re counting just lives, his worst is definitely S18 for me. I enjoyed Camm and liked Zan, but they left somethmig to be desired in the "lives":

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Favorite is Season 16. Both Maelyn and Shawn were my snowflakes. (Shawn was my #1, but good thing I had Maelyn as my backup 😅)

Least favorite... eh, probably Season 19. Season 17 gives it a run for its money, though; Will was wonderful IMO, but I was not a fan of Katie, and Marybeth was nice until she flopped in the later live rounds. Tragic song choices for all of them except Will, too. "Light My Fire" will forever be one of the most underrated and pleasantly uncommon performances from recent seasons IMO. I love when contestants randomly pull out the songs that hardly anyone performs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Best: S17 (His post blinds team was absurdly strong)

Worst: S16 (I don’t get how this is winning tbh)

One word- Maelyn. I mean, I love her as much as the next person, but that was the only team John has ever had with obvious duds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Best: S17 (His post blinds team was absurdly strong)

Worst: S16 (I don’t get how this is winning tbh)

What do you have against Maelyn?