RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 13

*Lily

The Meet The Queens was fun and I enjoyed a lot of them! The only queens who didn’t really leave an impression on me there were Joey and Utica (she’s certainly unique!). But of course excited to see what they do on the show!

I’m glad Symone was really fun as I didn’t know her personality too much. On top of her looks/that amazing promo, I’m really hopeful for her :wub:

The amount of personality these queens were giving in the MTQ video? I was living!

Here's my pre-season ranking:

1. Tina Burner: Automatically my pre-season fave - she is the queen I know the most of. I love her love of Celine Dion, I love her campy style, and I love her personality - I do hope she can elevate the campy style while on the runway. Oh, she's giving me confidence which I love.
  2. Kandy Muse: Full of personality & hilarious. Not sure how it will translate on screen, hopefully better than loud queen from past seasons.
  3. Rose: Really love this queen as I know her through Stephanie's Child & her being Jan's drag sister. Hopefully she learned a thing or two from Jan :giggle:
  4. Symone: Love her style and aesthetic, and she certainly knows her style + brand.  Looking forward to seeing more from her as I hope she keeps delivering some urban look like the one in the promo. 
  5. Kahmora Hall: Will she be able to keep the crown in the Hall family? She could surprised a few of her competitors. 
  6. Olivia Lux: One of the baby of the season - definitely the best one of the newer queen, imo. Think she could surprise us in the long run. 
  7. Gottmik: That look? EVERYTHING! I think she could be a threat when it comes to the fashion, and hope she can deliver in other areas.
  8. Denali: Super intrigued by her, especially her being a figure skater which I love. 
  9. Utica Queen: Intrigued by this queen, but didn't leave a strong impression on me compare to the ones above her. 
  10. Elliott with 2 Ts: Still unsure about her - time will tell! 
  11. Tamisha Iman: Another queen that left me wanting more. The best thing about her might be her being Lala Ri`s drag mom, but beside that? Meh. 
  12. Joey Jay: She kinda rubbed me the wrong way, and I fear this promo look might be her best drag and won`t be able to deliver outside of that.
  13. Lala Ri: Meh. She was very dull in the interview and nothing excited me. 
  • Like 1

Pre-season ranking just from watching MTQ and doing some extra researching:

1. Symone - The promo look is everything (Gigi came through with that hair!) and I really enjoyed her personality. She gave me a similar feeling to Jaida last season, where I loved her pre-season just from her looks on IG/performances etc., but was completely sold after the interview. I'm really excited to see how she does.
  2. Olivia Lux - I was curious about her from the MTQ, and then going to look at her work and the sort of stuff she does, I really became a fan. I think she could be a pleasant surprise and a fun contender.
  3. Denali - Really excited for her. Watched a figure skating performance of hers last night and she is incredible. If she brings that same energy to the lip-syncs and the performances I feel like she'll be a force to be reckoned with.
  4. Kandy Muse - Hysterical. An excellent MTQ interview. Admittedly beforehand I wasn't really sure if I saw her being one to do well on the show. I'm still hit and miss. But I get a Vanjie vibe from her, where whatever she does will probably be hilarious even if it's not always the strongest.
  5. Kahmora Hall - Stunning. That look, I am living! I've heard a bit about her and I think she'll be interesting to watch, I bet she'll have some gorgeous runways.
  6. Rose - I wasn't sure what to expect honestly, I knew of Stephanie's Child but not Rose individually. However, I really liked her meet the queens. I'm excited to see what she does especially so soon after Jan, whether they'll have similar or different journeys.
  7. Tamisha Iman - Very much into this. I'm not sure how I see her doing, but in terms of drag, the way she carried herself in that interview with confidence and precision really shows how she's so brilliant at her craft.
  8. Lala Ri - Fascinated by her. I've enjoyed what I've seen of her so far and I'm not quite sure what to expect from her on the show but I feel like she'll be a brilliant performer and I hope to be proved right!
  9. Tina Burner - The campy comedy queens are a little hit and miss to me at times hence having her placed in the middle, but I've heard a lot about Tina Burner, between her meeting Celine, and Dua Lipa also praising her, so I feel like she'll be a force to be reckoned with and I'm excited to see what she does.
  10. Gottmik - The look was incredible, and I actually do really like her so having her this low is by no means a bad thing, I just found myself enjoying this cast a lot. Amazing to finally see a trans man competing
  11. Elliott with 2 Ts - What is this name. (disclaimer: this is not me shading the name Elliott). I am intrigued by her but not sure I have high expectations. Something about her gave me a bit of a Scarlet Envy vibe though who I did enjoy so who knows.
  12. Utica Queen - I thought the looks were awesome. The personality was way too OTT for me if I'm honest, I'm sure there'll be people who love it, but I'm not feeling it just yet.
  13. Joey Jay - Hot out of drag. Feel like maybe that's a good reason as to why she got cast. Maybe she'll prove me wrong! But I wasn't really sold by her. Brave of her to come on knowing the judges will probably read the hell out of her not wearing a wig.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

You`re committed!

I may need to do some research, which may affect my ranking :haha:

A lot of that research was just based off of Instagram stalking and watching a performance if I could find any of them. :haha: But knowing past pre-seasons I'm sure none of this will end up mattering, since usually people are so different on the show anyway :dead:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

A lot of that research was just based off of Instagram stalking and watching a performance if I could find any of them. :haha: But knowing past pre-seasons I'm sure none of this will end up mattering, since usually people are so different on the show anyway :dead:

Me with Silky.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Lip sync songs in the premiere:

When I Grow Up by The Pussycat Dolls
The Pleasure Principle by Janet Jackson
Rumours by Lindsay Lohan
Ex’s & Oh’s by Elle King
Lady Marmalade by Xtina, Lil Kim, Mya and P!nk
Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

Edited by Elliott

On 12/30/2020 at 1:28 PM, Elliott said:

@*Wallace Just tagging you so you know the season premieres on Friday so you can watch live with us in 2021!

Thanks for the tag. :haha: 

I have been seeing the commercials on this like crazy the last few weeks. I wasn't sure if I was going to watch live or watch it on binge  in a week when it got to the end or something? :lmao: I may lean to doing the former. It will be such a different experience watching in live time - to see how my opinions forms differently. 😮  :haha: 

28 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Thanks for the tag. :haha: 

I have been seeing the commercials on this like crazy the last few weeks. I wasn't sure if I was going to watch live or watch it on binge  in a week when it got to the end or something? :lmao: I may lean to doing the former. It will be such a different experience watching in live time - to see how my opinions forms differently. 😮  :haha: 

There's 16 episodes this season so if you want to binge, you'll be waiting until the summer and then you'll be watching it while AS6 is airing. :dead:

COVID probably made it more difficult to get guest judges this season but that being said, I'm really impressed with the list regardless!

Rotating guest judges this season are Loni Love, TS Madison, Nicole Byer, Jamal Sims and Cynthia Erivo. All I think will be great - loved Loni on Celebrity Drag Race, Nicole is clearly a superfan, and I've enjoyed Jamal's choreography work on the show before. Cynthia should be really good too! I know less about TS but I'm sure I'll love her too.

Also guest appearances from Anne Hathaway and Scarlett Johansson 😮 Excited for Anne since I know she's such a big fan! Scarlett surprised me but a great get for sure. And Valentina, Heidi N Closet and Nina West will also be making appearances.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

There's 16 episodes this season so if you want to binge, you'll be waiting until the summer and then you'll be watching it while AS6 is airing. :dead:

omgg 16 episodes this season? And AS6 will come on right after? Omg. :dead: 

54 minutes ago, *Lily said:

COVID probably made it more difficult to get guest judges this season but that being said, I'm really impressed with the list regardless!

Rotating guest judges this season are Loni Love, TS Madison, Nicole Byer, Jamal Sims and Cynthia Erivo. All I think will be great - loved Loni on Celebrity Drag Race, Nicole is clearly a superfan, and I've enjoyed Jamal's choreography work on the show before. Cynthia should be really good too! I know less about TS but I'm sure I'll love her too.

Also guest appearances from Anne Hathaway and Scarlett Johansson 😮 Excited for Anne since I know she's such a big fan! Scarlett surprised me but a great get for sure. And Valentina, Heidi N Closet and Nina West will also be making appearances.

Ooh wow, that's a very good and strong line-up of celeb guest appearances there. 😮 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Def never remember an AS season being that long. :haha:  

The AS seasons all having different episode counts is my favourite.

AS1 - 6 Episodes + Untucked

AS2 - 9 Episodes

AS3 - 8 Episodes

AS4 - 10 Episodes

AS5 - 8 Episodes + Untucked

AS6 - 12 Episodes