RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 13

*Lily

I don't know who I was rooting for, but I was fully expecting a Gottmik win or a double win. But noooo complaints about Symone taking it! Just felt very odd to have Gottmik not even get runner up.

The best moment of the episode was Rose saying "Ellie Diamond" :dead::dead::dead::dead: times infinity

:spaz:

Super happy with the result of course! Symone's been my favorite from the start and makes for a perfect addition to the Winners' Circle!

I think Kandy did well in the lip-syncs and did beat Rose so I understand her making the final 2 there. Nevertheless, Gottmik and Rose were both excellent finalists. I can see all three of them making great All-Stars candidates for sure.

Also yay for Lala Ri winning Miss Congeniality! :wub: I was thinking it'd be Olivia or Denali with an outside chance of LaLa, but was kinda hoping it would be LaLa especially because I think she deserves more love. ❤️

Great end to a long season, although lmao of course the All-Stars 6 promos have already started so between that and Drag Race Down Under I'm guessing there won't be much off-time. :dead: 

Overall ranking (+/- from pre-season):

1. Symone (=) - Everything I hoped she'd be and more. Truly a star, cannot wait to see what she does from here!

2. Rose (+4) - Amazing work all season. Hope to see her back.

3. Gottmik (+7) - Another excellent performer who deserved her spot in the top 4, she really stepped it up and made herself a force to be reckoned with.

4. Tamisha Iman (+3) - Queen of catchphrases! Queen of drama! Queen of inspirational stories in the mirror every episode! What an iconic run.

5. Denali (-2) - A lot of fun to watch and a brilliant lip-syncer, when the time is right she will be a huge contender in All-Stars I'm sure.

6. Olivia Lux (-4) - I really enjoyed her and her 'unsuspecting diva' storyline :haha: Top half of the season she was killing it, unfortunately she just lost steam in the second half, but for a 'newbie' to drag, excellent first showing.
7. LaLa Ri (+1) - Great personality and performer, iconically bad ball look redeemed by a great lip-sync, and I'm so glad she got Miss Congeniality and hope this improves her chances of an All-Stars run in the future.

8. Utica Queen (+4) - Very hit and miss on Utica but the fact that her whole run on the show is just so hilarious that it almost sounds fake (being a surprise lip-sync assassin, initially starts out quieter and scared to offend but then goes out being heckled by the judges on a roast) is so funny to me.

9. Kahmora Hall (-4) - Partially because of the looks she was serving on IG after her elimination, we were robbed! I liked her though, while she was the clear weak link in those first few weeks, she had some great moments, such as showing up to play a tree in full-body drag :wub:

10. Joey Jay (+3) - Wasn't always a big fan of the looks however, I found myself really enjoying her personality and confessionals. 

11. Kandy Muse (-7) - Clearly a brilliant reality TV character and compelling to watch. I wouldn't have had her go as far as she did, but she's always gonna give you the drama and kudos to her for doing so!

12. Tina Burner (-3) - Unfortunately another prime example of how being a drag 'legend' doesn't always translate to Drag Race. I wanted to like Tina however unfortunately I just felt she never really had a shining moment.

13. Elliott with Two Ts (-2) - I enjoyed her comeback episode where she rattled the girls a little and then honestly killed the challenge. Unfortunately after that, I just lost her and wasn't a big fan.

Edited by *Lily

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

honestly, Yvie did really well too now that I think about it

Well on a scale of S9 to S10's ruveals, at least S11-S13's ruveals were just "meh". :haha: I'm still traumatized over Asia's butterfly implants, Eureka's whatever she did and Aquaria looking like a baked potato.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I feel like we're being set up for an All Stars Season that will try mimic the magic of AS2:

Rolaskatoxx: Gottmik, Kandy, Tina

Katya: Crystal Methyd

Alyssa: Rosé

Tatianna: Denali

Phi Phi: Gigi Goode

Adore: Olivia Lux

Ginger: Nina West

Coco: Heidi N Closet

14 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

I feel like we're being set up for an All Stars Season that will try mimic the magic of AS2:

Rolaskatoxx: Gottmik, Kandy, Tina

Katya: Crystal Methyd

Alyssa: Rosé

Tatianna: Denali

Phi Phi: Gigi Goode

Adore: Olivia Lux

Ginger: Nina West

Coco: Heidi N Closet

some of these are................................a stretch

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

some of these are................................a stretch

I mean yes, but I think production thinks they can fill certain "character types" and it will produce a successful season which, as we've seen with the last few regular seasons, isn't necessarily true.

season end rankings:

1. symone (symone x fenty WHEN????)

2. gottmik (give me the money gottmik used for her drag and i could finally buy a house and give my cat the entire room she DESERVES)

3. kandy muse (KANDY MUSE STAN FROM DAY 1 BITTTTTTCHHHHHHEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ)

4. tamisha (ARROGANT)

5. lala ri (BUY BAD BITCH TIP NOW ON ITUNES)

6. rose (i believe rose and i have the same proportions and unfortunately we've never learned to utilize our broad man shoulders to their best effect)

7. denali (solely for the how you like that video)

8. olivia lux (the schtick got old but also i'd like to see olivia in two years)

9. kahmora hall (who went to HS with one of my best friends so out of OBLIGATION ranks in the top 10)

10. utica (GIVE ME THE EXTENDED 15 MINUTE CUT OF THE ROAST!!!!!!!!!!)

11. tina burner (still cannot believe she dated graham norton. FOR YEARS)

12. ????????????????????????? oh joey jay LOL filler queen was right.

13. ???? elliott (whose second t i can only assume stands for transphobe)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

I mean yes, but I think production thinks they can fill certain "character types" and it will produce a successful season which, as we've seen with the last few regular seasons, isn't necessarily true.

LOL Tina Burner and Rose fit into the Alyssa and Coco Montrese roles better. Since their entire thing was a rivalry. 

Also. There's never going to be like a true Phi Phi again because all the queens are too afraid of being flayed on Social Media (which CANNOT BLAME THEM, the Drag Race fanbase is one of the most vicious I've seen) to really be as "mean" to get such a poor edit.

21 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

LOL Tina Burner and Rose fit into the Alyssa and Coco Montrese roles better. Since their entire thing was a rivalry. 

Also. There's never going to be like a true Phi Phi again because all the queens are too afraid of being flayed on Social Media (which CANNOT BLAME THEM, the Drag Race fanbase is one of the most vicious I've seen) to really be as "mean" to get such a poor edit.

True but with the amount of stuff they apparently edited out of Untucked to make Gigi likeable once Sh*rry was disqualified, I could see them just letting her dig her own grave.

On 2/15/2021 at 7:24 PM, ~Tom~ said:

Symone - Shades of Jaida - great composure/considence and consistent challenges and runways. She'll probably win.

happy kat dennings GIF

Although I was rooting for Rose by the end, I’m happy with this also! Just glad it wasn’t Gottmik or Kandy.

Symone winning the finale was a fantastic way to end the season. Symone was always one of my main favorites throughout the season so I am very pleased she pulled out the win. ❤️ I thought she had some fun reveals in her lip sync performances.

Sad that Rosé couldn't have been the proper runner-up but Kandy Muse did do well with her lip syncs. I was nervous she was going to beat Symone for a moment.

I do really like Lala Ri but was disappointed she won Miss Congeniality over Olivia, as I thought Olivia had it. But oh well. :(

It was an interesting experience watching Drag Race for the first time in live time. It was fun. It was such a long season, but it was exhausting with how long it was. :lmao: I need a bit of a break but the franchise won't allow that for me. :dead: