RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 13

*Lily

If I could just say ...I love Utica overall, even though that was a mess. I love how overly concerned she was over appropriating from another culture in a past week but she totally ignored the constructive criticism about not calling people whales. 😁

Saw the episode

1. Gottmik - killed it imo, I would rather her have won that.

2. Symone - yikes performance in the roast.  Up here for her look and her lip sync performance as I liked it more then most of the roasts!

3. Rose - great job, would have been fine with her winning too

4. Olivia Lux - ooof

5. Kandy Muse - only because she did well in the roast.  Still awful and should go home next.

6.  Utica Queen - has annoyed me the last couple weeks, and HORRIBLE roast, so this is a good stopping place for her. 

6 hours ago, Drew said:

If I could just say ...I love Utica overall, even though that was a mess. I love how overly concerned she was over appropriating from another culture in a past week but she totally ignored the constructive criticism about not calling people whales. 😁

LMAOO Thanks for pointing this out because I noticed this and found this so hypocritical of her. :dead: I don't get how Utica is so concerned about appropriating culture but has no issue with make hurtful weight related jokes. I know these are two completely different things but they are both different issues that offend and can hurt people.

Anywho... an interesting week.

I'm honestly not mad at Kandy Muse wining this week. I found her hilarious and this challenge was right up her alley and she delivered. With that said, I would really want her to go next week but can see her scrapping by to the final (if it's a Final 4).

Rosé and Gottmik were both very funny and deserving of the Top 3 placements. Being a little nitpicky, I did expect Rosé to be a little stronger than she was. Gottmik was a great surprise and really rose to the challenge.

A rough week for my main favorites. Olivia once again reminds me so much of myself because I think I would be too nice to pull off and perform a roast performance, so I worried about that with her all episode. (And I also remember doing a comedy act when I was younger.... like a young kid in elementary school, and BOMBed at that and never looked back at doing comedy again, lmao 🙈 ). Symone sadly didn't do too well. I think both had a few funny moments in their acts but Olivia had slightly more. I will say between Olivia and Symone, I was more disappointed in Symone's performance because she has shown she has the ability to be hilarious so it's a shame she got in her head on this challenge. She did deliver a great lip sync to a song I really love, so yayness for that! Olivia's downward spiral (and being the Gigi of the season) is..... breaking my heart and making me become more un-invested in this season, honestly. :( :broken: I just want her to have one more great challenge performance before she goes (if she misses out on the final). And I'll just be rooting for her to get the Miss Congeniality title in a few weeks.

Utica's roast set.... was #yikes. So offensive, hurtful and not even funny. Utica is a strange one because she seems and can come across really nice and positive, but can switch it and become rude & nasty in her act. It's like a double personality there. Loni's "you're the one that's flopping" comment when she made fun of Loni's comedy career was iconic. I do like her in her nice moments but glad to see her go now.

1. Symone - The roast was cringe but not cringe enough to pull her from my #1 spot. It was interesting that what usually makes Symone really entertaining and funny, which are her overt mannerisms and inflections, is what made her roast really difficult to watch. But she looked stunning and this is one of my favorite runway looks from her. 

2. Gottmik - Even though she is the probably the most predictable winner choice at this point, I wouldn't mind it because she deserves it.  

Utica - While I've found her kinda annoying these past couple of weeks and while her roast was sooo uncomfortable to watch, she's delivered looks and she's delivered lipsyncs. Clearly comedy isn't her strength though. 

3. Kandy - You know what, it's controversial putting her up this high but I've actually been enjoying Kandy lately; or at least I am more compelled by her than the queens I'm putting below her. 

4. Rose - There's something that's just not clicking with me; I cannot deny that she's been great these past couple of weeks but I'm still lukewarm about her. Also I found her confidence leading up to the roast to be really over-the-top and annoying. I actually expected her to flop; the edit reminded me a lot of Alexis Michelle in the S9 roast episode. While she didn't flop, I do think the edit created a really high bar for her that she didn't reach. 

5. Olivia - I didn't get the hype she was getting at the beginning and lately she's been flailing. Admittedly her roast wasn't terrible (the Declaration of Independence joke was great) but she's really flatlined and I've found her to be kinda boring. 

Edited by kebin65

13 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Loni's "you're the one that's flopping" comment when she made fun of Loni's comedy career was iconic.

lmao, you know you've bombed the stand-up challenge when you're getting heckled by the audience when there isn't even an audience. :dead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

01. Symone - Pretty much agree with everyone that her roast was a bit rough. I thought she started to pick it up in the second half, but I feel like she's like Alyssa in the sense that she's naturally funny doing her Symone-isms, so her having to plan her humour just doesn't work well. Still my #1 though.

02. Rosé - How has Rosé been good at every challenge this season, jfc. I really enjoyed her stand-up sketch, and props to her being the only one without any cards.

03. Gottmik - Kind of a default ranking because I liked her this week.

04. Kandy Muse - :ph34rwave: No complaints about her win since I thought it was deserved. There are moments I enjoy her overall, so this is kind of a default ranking.

05. Olivia Lux - Kind of a default ranking just because she's been kind of imploding the last few weeks. :closedeyes: I can't blame her for running out of steam since this season is fifty episodes, but it feels like she went from being this huge dark horse frontrunner to the obvious next boot.

Utica - Girl took her win in a BAPs-inspired costume and ran with it in the complete opposite direction. :dead: I physically cringed during her set.

26 minutes ago, Elliott said:

lmao, you know you've bombed the stand-up challenge when you're getting heckled by the audience when there isn't even an audience. :dead:

I also found that funny as someone that generally dislikes Loni Love and concurs with the original sentiment. 😇

10 hours ago, kebin65 said:

4. Rose - There's something that's just not clicking with me; I cannot deny that she's been great these past couple of weeks but I'm still lukewarm about her. Also I found her confidence leading up to the roast to be really over-the-top and annoying. I actually expected her to flop; the edit reminded me a lot of Alexis Michelle in the S9 roast episode. While she didn't flop, I do think the edit created a really high bar for her that she didn't reach. 

Ooh wow I actually kinda agree with you on this. I wasn't expecting her to flop but I did have VERY high expectations for her and expected her to crush everyone as the closing act and be the overall standout. When she was still really funny but not the standout, just Top 3 best.

29 minutes ago, Elliott said:

LMAOO Yesss. :dead: So hilarious. 

25 minutes ago, Elliott said:

01. Symone - Pretty much agree with everyone that her roast was a bit rough. I thought she started to pick it up in the second half, but I feel like she's like Alyssa in the sense that she's naturally funny doing her Symone-isms, so her having to plan her humour just doesn't work well. Still my #1 though.

Oh wow this is such a good comparison I didn't think about. 😮 Yeah both are naturally funny as people/performers in certain challenges with their mannerisms but they aren't comedian types that can pull off a roast.

Symone - Cynthia Erivo is a Symone stan so regardless of what happens, she’s already won.

Rosè - One of the most consistently solid runs across the entire franchise, imo. Date I say it rivals Bianca’s S6 run?

Gottmik - Default ranking.

Olivia / Kandy Muse - Pretty interchangeable to me at this point, tbh. I would’ve been fine with either going (or both 👀), but it was clear it was Olivia’s time to go.

Aww I'm sad to see Olivia go, even though I was nearly 100%  she was certain to go this week. :( So being prepared made it easier to take. I know Olivia lost steam and didn't really grow/show variety towards the end of her run, but I always enjoyed her positive upbeat attitude and just enjoyed her runway looks and her as a person. I'm still a fan, consider her my favorite and am glad she made it this far regardless. ❤️ Hoping to see her on a future All-Stars season. Really hoping she gets the Miss Congeniailty title or else, I'll be really disappointing.

And the crazy thing is.... I'm not even mad at Kandy making the final over Olivia, as I would have been say..... a month or 2 months ago. 👀 

I do really like this Final 4. I'm rooting for Symone to win, of course.  Not quite sure/positive she can pull off the win but hoping so. Rosé has been super consistent, and the only one to never have a bad week so I'd be please with her winning too. Gottmik and Kandy are the two who have grown on me most throughout the season. I'd even consider Gottmik a fave of mine now. I'd be okay with GM winning and it wouldn't be the worst win in the world but I'd  prefer Symone or Rosé to win. While I'm fine with Kandy being in the final, I would be disappointed with her winning.

1. Symone - She should be so proud of her run this season! Rooting for her as always.

2. Rose - Truly one of the consistently strongest runs ever in Drag Race imo. Would be happy to see her take it home too and sure she will slay next week.

3. Gottmik - Really grown on me all season and glad to see her at the end.

4. Olivia Lux - I'm sad about Olivia because she started on such a high note and seemed to just lose her momentum. I think in a couple years' she'd be a real contender on an All-Stars season.

5. Kandy Muse - I thought she did good in the lip-sync, but overall I've been underwhelmed by her performance this season especially in comparison to the other three.

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Aww I'm sad to see Olivia go, even though I was nearly 100%  she was certain to go this week. :( So being prepared made it easier to take. I know Olivia lost steam and didn't really grow/show variety towards the end of her run, but I always enjoyed her positive upbeat attitude and just enjoyed her runway looks and her as a person. I'm still a fan, consider her my favorite and am glad she made it this far regardless. ❤️ Really hoping she gets the Miss Congeniailty title or else, I'll be really disappointing.

If it’s any consolation, due to the length of this season, she competed in more episodes as a 5th placer than some winners have. :haha:

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

Rosè - One of the most consistently solid runs across the entire franchise, imo.

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Rose - Truly one of the consistently strongest runs ever in Drag Race imo.

Spider-Man GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

source.gif

:haha: 

I'd probably have Gottmik around 4th overall this season, like tied with Denali. I preferred Denali in the first half and then Gottmik in the 2nd half. Not sure who I prefer overall.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

If it’s any consolation, due to the length of this season, she competed in more episodes as a 5th placer than some winners have. :haha:

Oooh lol yeah that's very true. Gosh this has beeen such a long season. :lmao: :dead: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

:haha: 

I'd probably have Gottmik around 4th overall this season, like tied with Denali. I preferred Denali in the first half and then Gottmik in the 2nd half. Not sure who I prefer overall.

Oooh lol yeah that's very true. Gosh this has beeen such a long season. :lmao: :dead: 

thats not awful, that are both in my Top 2.  Olivia/Symone at 3/4,  There is something about Rose.  Shes had an amazing season, but i feel like theres a lack of sincerity or something.  I just don't find her rootable.  

Edited by Solaris
  • Confused 1

Might be in the minority but I am rooting for Rose out of this Top 4 - her track record is so impressive & I believe she would be the first winner of a regular season to have the capability of selling out venues & having her own show like Bob and Bianca

• Like 2

I’m kinda anti double-crownings but I’d have been rooting for it this season because I think both Symone and Rosé are particularly deserving and I’ll be super happy to see either of them take it. :haha:

5 hours ago, *Lily said:

I’m kinda anti double-crownings but I’d have been rooting for it this season because I think both Symone and Rosé are particularly deserving and I’ll be super happy to see either of them take it. :haha:

Still can’t believe they used it when they did when these were the double crownings we deserved:

e6aa7d77c73199b5801ccc6e57424dd3.png
6e0334b45900fe8418f700ad9a5d6f41.jpg
(I still legit believe Vh1 was intending for this to actually happen to kick off their era of Drag Race but then the rose petals came out)
drag-race-shea-coulee-jujubee.jpg

And our bonus triple crowning:

3ur3caot52y11.jpg
:giggle:

Edited by Elliott