The DWTS Dances Mini Rankdown (Season 5, Round 2)

*Amanda

SEASON 2 DANCES

#5-1

5. "I'm Like a Bird"

Rumba by Stacy Keibler & Tony Dovolani

sfBIrP6.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aEke6S3oTg

Gigi: 1/20

Kaley: 2/20

Lily: 2/20

Amanda: 4/20

Diana: 4/20

Wally: 5/20

Alex: 7/20

Chris: 8/20

Sola: 8/20

Cam: 9/20

Elliott: 14/20

KALEY

I had this one at number one for a while, and then I switched it at the last minute. I typically don’t like Rumbas that much, but this one was gorgeous. It felt so dreamy and romantic, and there was something so perfect about its simplicity. Still probably my favorite rumba the show has done.

LILY

Insane that this was the second week. So gorgeous, very understated and told a great story. This is a Stacy's legs stan account! Getting this high ranking from me because it's truly iconic and rarely do we see dances this strong so early.

AMANDA

FLAWLESS. I mean, she scored a 29 in week 2, which is an insanely impressive feat. It really should've been a 30 TBH (Looking at you Carrie Ann 🙂) But still, a 29 in week 2. Stacy truly is one of the best.

WALLY

SO gorgeous and one of the best and one of my favorite Week 2 dances ever! :wub: This is also one of my very all-time favorite Rumbas on this show. I remember when it used to my very favorite Rumba. Stacy danced and performed this sooo beautifully. She brought great hip action, leg extensions (obviously her legs are INSANE and to die for :omg: ), passionate chemistry and everything you could want and ask for in a Rumba. :wub: I just love how Stacy dances this and how she wraps her legs around Tony…. my gosh. :dead: And she looks soo beautiful in that dress. I just can’t get enough of this.

ALEX

I can't believe she did this on week two! She created the most gorgeous shapes and, I'm sorry, but HER LEGS! They're just unreal. Carrie Ann is a hater, that was a perfect 30, give them the score they deserve!

ELLIOTT

Meh.

4. "Thriller"

Paso Doble by Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke

6LT0X4f.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8fvVdNRMBE

Chris: 1/20

Wally: 2/20

Elliott: 3/20

Kaley: 4/20

Lily: 4/20

Alex: 5/20

Sola: 7/20

Amanda: 8/20

Cam: 8/20

Gigi: 9/20

Diana: 12/20

WALLY

I found Drew’s Paso Doble to be iconic and quite an amazing Paso Doble. I often go back and forth on my favorite Drew dance whether it’s his Paso or Freestyle. For now, I’m gonna go with (maybe the unpopular opinion?) his Paso. I love how Drew really brought the fire & intensity to his performance. I loved all of the cape work he did and all of the partnering dancing he did with Cheryl. I loved all of their side by side dancing and dancing they do in front of each other. It was all so sharp, precise and intricate. His footwork was great. Ooh loved the bits of him Paso knee walks. And YESS @ the Thriller classic moves they added in here! :omg: I am so glad Drew reprised this Paso on the finale and got the 30 this dance deserved the first time around. Ugh such an iconic dance and one of my all-time favorites for sure!  

ELLIOTT

Flawless. Cheryl is a queen.

KALEY

I’m such a sucker for a good Paso Doble. I was hooked from the first few beats of him spinning the cape. He really committed and nailed this one. I’m glad the finale reprise was chosen, because it really does show how much his confidence had grown throughout the season. I also like that Cheryl was able to incorporate the iconic Thriller dance while still making it feel like a legit Paso throughout.

LILY

Really impressive routine and I enjoyed the choreography a lot, a great routine for Drew and Cheryl to reprise and certify their place in the final.

ALEX

Yup just one of the best Paso Doble's the show has ever seen. Drew completely owned that dance! I've never really been in to Drew, but he's so hot in this dance lol. Also a great tribute to Michael Jackson honoring some of his iconic dance moves.

3. "Livin' La Vida Loca"

Samba by Stacy Keibler & Tony Dovolani

HmOaw6V.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrVBefAWM4

Lily: 1/20

Sola: 1/20

Wally: 1/20

Diana: 2/20

Amanda: 3/20
Cam: 3/20

Alex: 6/20

Chris: 6/20

Gigi: 6/20

Kaley: 8/20

Elliott: 18/20

LILY

Name a more iconic duo than Stacy and the Samba cos dang... she slayed each one of them. I honestly don't know which one I prefer, but this felt like such a showstopping end to her journey and I'm gonna give it my top spot because of that.

WALLY

I always considered Stacy’s "Livin' La Vida Loca" Samba to be not only my favorite dance of Stacy’s but also my favorite dance of the season. This was a major comeback for Stacy after a disappointing Freestyle, and she brought that spunk, fire, spark that she always has in her dances. As always, she danced this amazingly well. She killer  and amazing hypnotic hip action, footwork, leg extension partnering skills, musicality and just everything you want in a Samba. :omg: She was sooo hot and sexy while dancing and performing this, omgg she SLAYED this and was flawless! :omg: Parts of this just absolutely kills me. :dead: I just love everything about this dance and certain consider it amongst my all-time favorites. :wub: It’s a real shame she was robbed at 3rd place after this…. but this dance will always remain epic and iconic no matter what.

AMANDA

Stacy getting two Sambas into not only the top 5, but the top 3 as well is all sorts of iconic. She truly is the Samba Queen. This was flawless, not that anyone expected otherwise from Stacy in the finals after a season of delivering flawless performances on a weekly basis.

ALEX

My dream for next season if that Stacy comes back and just dances a different Samba every single week and then wins. Of course nothing she possibly could've done would've come close to her original iconic Samba, but this was damn close!

KALEY

Happy to see both Stacy Sambas make the final ranking. I’ve always preferred her first one, probably because it was such a surprise how amazing she performed it. By this point we were kind of expecting perfection or near perfection from her. She definitely delivered as usual! On a shallow note, she looks gorgeous in pink.

ELLIOTT

Meh

2. "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)"

Freestyle by Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke

4PpnKgV.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP0f145OyPM

Elliott: 1/20

Alex: 2/20

Cam: 2/20

Chris: 2/20
Sola: 2/20

Kaley: 3/20
Wally: 4/20

Gigi: 8/20

Amanda: 9/20

Lily: 9/20

Diana: 10/20

ELLIOTT

Flawless. Cheryl is a queen.

ALEX

Iconic dance is iconic! Also a predictable but absolutely deserving winner. No offense to the S1 dances, but this dance is what made freestyles what they are! Risky and daring but just so much fun to watch, and he just hit every move perfectly.

KALEY

I had to have this in Top 5. It’s the dance that changed it all! The freestyles in season 1 were so lackluster, and even Stacy’s this season left me disappointed. This dance was so fun and dynamic, and Cheryl changed the way pros would approach freestyles moving forward. Good or bad, I think it also started a thing with quality of freestyle sometimes determining the winner more than report card throughout the season. Iconic dance.

WALLY

Of course it goes without saying how Drew & Cheryl’s Freestyle is ICONIC….. and it’s the very first iconic Freestyle of DWTS and is the reason why Freestyles are such an important part of the show. I often go back and forth on if Drew’s Paso or Freestyle is my favorite dane of his. It can change or depend on my mood. Drew nailed everything about this dance - from how he danced the choreography, how he performed and all of those lifts & tricks. Those lifts that they pulled off were so impressive! I loved how they fully embraced that cowboy theme here and just had fun with this. :bobo: Their energy is so infectious and makes you want to dance with them. It just never gets old. I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up being Drew’s highest ranked dance.

LILY

The way this inspired Donald Driver's Freestyle and yet I lowkey prefer that one. Anyway, this is a fun routine. I feel like it's certainly overrated but also I get how in 2005 this is more iconic than how it feels now in 2020 when we've seen literally thousands of routines lol. Still a really fun number and well-choreographed again, deserving of a spot in top 20!

1. "Bootylicious"

Samba by Stacy Keibler & Tony Dovolani

m0WZA2z.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6rddH_oWnM&t=219s

Alex: 1/20

Amanda: 1/20
Diana: 1/20

Kaley: 1/20

Chris: 3/20

Lily: 3/20
Wally: 3/20

Gigi: 4/20

Sola: 5/20

Cam: 7/20
Elliott: 15/20

ALEX

A weapon of mass seduction! This would be the predictable winner of the season, but also so deserving. It's really the dance that made Stacy breakout as one of the best the show has ever seen. Flawless from start to end!

AMANDA

WHAT A QUEEN. This Samba is EVERYTHING. It's perfection. Flawless technique, brilliant choreography, amazing performance. This set the standard that all Sambas on DWTS should aspire to reach. I'm so happy that we crowned this dance the winner of Season 2.

KALEY

I went back and forth on which Stacy dance was my favorite, but I settled on this one. I believe it was the first perfect score of the season and it was 100% deserved. Watching it back it’s so crazy how much she moved like a professional here. There wasn’t any sign of stiffness, and she had a real confidence that shone through. Her and Tony had a really playful chemistry during this that was fun to watch. 

LILY

I mean... come on! The standard here is insane for just the fifth week. Stacy was such a natural mover and presented herself so well every time she performed, this is an iconic routine from the season.

WALLY

Stacy doing a Samba to Destiny’s Child? It’s what dreams are made of! :wub: I absolutely LOVE this Samba and consider it an all-time favorite dance of mine, after all of these years. This was the first time Stacy really got to let loose and really have fun and she did so flawlessly here. Her hip action and booty shaking throughout the dance? FLAWLESS. But her rhythm, musicality footwork, shimmying, partnering and just her overall dancing was also just as flawless. She nailed all of the Samba basics and technique and executed it all so perfectly. :wub: I also loved those last sequence of partnering they did where Stacy went under Tony and kicked up really high. :omg: This is definitely still amongst one of my favorite dances of Stacy’s.

CAM

yes this should be higher but i'm anticipating a lot of high rankings for it & i think the ones above it are underrated!

ELLIOTT

Meh.

• Like 1

• *Amanda changed the title to The DWTS Dances (Mini) Rankdown (SEASON 2, #5-1 POSTED)

LOL I love how so many of us (especially #TeamMya) obsess over Stacy’s legs in her Rumba. :wub::dead: I honestly thought this would miss out being in the Top 5 but so glad it made it here.

Aww Drew’s Paso is my favorite Drew dance so apart of me was hoping it would be his highest ranked dance but not surprised it wasn’t. But yeah, another amazing iconic dance and very pleased it made it to #4. Love all of the comments on this one too, and Kaley said it all so perfectly.

Again, Stacy’s LLVL Samba was my favorite dance of hers, so I was hoping it would be her highest ranked dance but not surprised it wasn’t. But still, this making it to 3rd is pretty epic. Such an iconic dance. SLAY @ Lily and Sola also ranking this at #1 with me. ❤️ OMGG my comments are kinda embarrassing but I couldn’t help myself, LOL. lmao Love Alex’s comment of wanting her on a future season to dance a different Samba every week! :haha:

Drew’s Freestyle is obviously iconic, and I am very pleased to see this dance getting 2nd. Agree with Alex’s comments on this one, and Kaley’s too. Also nice to see this dance make it on everyone’s Top 10 ranking.

Also very pleased to see Stacy’s 1st Samba win. Again such an iconic dance, which she slayed and its pretty much flawless. Impressive with 4 #1s in there. 😮 Also are we not surprised that Elliott is the lowest ranker for the #1 dance because..... OF COURSE. :dead: A great and deserving winner (even though you could make that case for all of these dances in the Top 5).

I’m very happy with how these S2 rankings came out! :clap:

Yesss for the Bootylicious samba winning :wub: Great top 5, though I’m surprised the rumba didn’t place a bit better (I also wasn’t expecting both sambas to hit top 3 :shock:).

My favorite part about this final set is how many times the word “iconic” was used when talking about Cheryl and Drew’s freestyle :haha: 

5 hours ago, *Amanda said:

So, season 3 will be taking place without Dee, but I still need to know if @ungodlyhour wants to play, as I have not seen them post in the thread since I revived it.

He hasn’t signed on since last Thursday according to his profile.