The DWTS Dances Mini Rankdown (Season 5, Round 2)

*Amanda

SEASON 2 DANCES

#15-11

15. "Since U Been Gone"

Cha-Cha by Stacy Keibler & Tony Dovolani

x5d25gi.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FyEbRyyH4

Diana: 5/20

Amanda: 7/20
Gigi: 7/20

Wally: 11/20

Cam: 12/20

Sola: 12/20

Chris: 16/20

Elliott: 17/20

Kaley: 17/20

Lily: 17/20

Alex: 20/20

AMANDA

I had a feeling that this would be one of her dances to not do so well, so I'm glad I gave it a good ranking to help propel it out of the bottom 5.

WALLY

This was a very interesting take on the Cha-Cha that I go back and forth on how I feel about it. “Since U Been Gone” is of course an angry break-up song and I do think Stacy & Tony sold the story well with the routine and the song. But it was weird seeing an angry break-up driven type Cha-Cha when the Cha-Cha is a fun, flirty and cheeky dance. So this dance always confuses me. However on the bright side, Stacy dances this fantastically and at such a high and strong level. She has great leg & hip action, footwork, partnering and rhythm throughout. I do like how she had some fun with the dance (at the bridge of the song).Then I love some of her leg tricks she does towards the end. Also once again, Stacy looked so hot and gorgeous in this. :wub:  I would love this dance more if it was a more traditional fun cheeky Cha-Cha but I do still really like this a lot and she still slays with how she danced this. ❤️ 

ELLIOTT

Meh.

KALEY

My least favorite Stacy dance on the final list, but obviously it was still great because she really didn’t have a bad dance. There was just something about this one that didn’t connect for me, and I can’t really put my finger on what. Anyways, definitely top 20 worthy, but I like her other showings here better!

LILY

Weirdly I'm not sure how I feel about this one? And I love Stacy obviously! But going from watching Lisa's Cha-Cha which I felt captured more of the essence of the cheeky/flirty Cha-Cha, this having a more angsty angle was weird to me. Lol on this occasion I agree with Carrie Ann. I don't think Stacy/Tony were entirely to blame though and I did enjoy them both talking back ("..you didn't get the words of the song???"). Obviously as always, this was danced great.

ALEX

Obviously it was danced very well and I feel like there was more of a story than the other Stacy dances which I appreciate. As much as I love the song and Miss Clarkson of course, it was a very weird song for a Cha-Cha which made the dance a bit awkward for me at times. I just think the performance was a bit off even if the technique was as flawless as always.

14. "Material Girl"

Cha-Cha by Lisa Rinna & Louis Van Amstel

jYcDudQ.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Jg49W1ATY

Cam: 4/20

Alex: 9/20

Diana: 11/20

Elliott: 11/20
Wally: 12/20

Lily: 13/20

Sola: 14/20

Gigi: 15/20

Amanda: 16/20

Chris: 18/20

Kaley: 18/20

ALEX

Queen Lisa really left it all on the dance floor for that dance! She deserved a 10 for it I'm so mad! A great dance to end her journey on though.

ELLIOTT

Why does Lisa have so many routines in this endgame?

WALLY

This was a really fun and cheeky Cha-Cha from Lisa & Louis. I felt this dance really suited Lisa and I liked how much fun she had with this. The partnering  was good and she hit her moves with a lot of sharpness to it. I guess some parts she seemed a little brittle and stiff but I didn’t mind. I am never really too sure, but as of now I do think this may be my favorite dance of Lisa’s.

LILY

A really fun Cha-Cha from Lisa. She played up the flirty elements of this dance brilliantly and it was a strong performance overall.

KALEY

I spent the entire performance wanting to rip off the dangly part on her skirt in the front! This was fun, but I feel like she held back a little in parts. 

13. "The Final Countdown"

Paso Doble by Lisa Rinna & Louis Van Amstel

y01q9ub.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUEN8P4TRI

Lily: 7/20

Kaley: 9/20

Sola: 9/20

Alex: 10/20

Chris: 10/20
Elliott: 12/20

Amanda: 14/20

Diana: 15/20

Wally: 15/20

Gigi: 16/20

Cam: 17/20

LILY

Ok can we take a moment to just appreciate how Lisa killed this? I feel like Lisa gets underappreciated at times in terms of her overall journey (by me too, honestly!) because people remember the technically stronger dancers like Stacy and Drew. But Lisa had brilliant shaping, speed, energy and charisma here. I'm ranking it higher partly because when I rewatched I was really taken aback by how well she did.

KALEY

I’ll admit that this is most likely way too high, but I love this dance and it’s one of the first few that comes to mind when I think back on the season. Pasos and tangos are probably my favorite styles to watch, so when one is really well done it shoots up the list for me. I was surprised at how well she pulled this off. The moment where the chorus kicks in for the first time and they do the side by side stuff, her confidence really comes out, and even if it wasn’t perfect, you really felt like she was commanding the stage.

ALEX

Lisa does such an amazing job getting into the character of the dances. Though not the strongest dancer, Lisa was the performer of the season imo. Love this dance!

ELLIOTT

Why does Lisa have so many routines in this endgame?

WALLY

This was kind of a hot Paso from Lisa & Louis. I do like the intensity Lisa had while performing this. I liked all of their partnering and side by side dancing. A few sections Lisa did seem a bit stiff but it does work with the Paso. Loved the dramatic ending. All in all, I do really enjoy this dance. 

12. "You Can't Hurry Love"

Quickstep by Stacy Keibler & Tony Dovolani

gO8ma1t.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRhrRrWZlM

Gigi: 3/20

Amanda: 6/20

Diana: 7/20

Lily: 10/20

Sola: 11/20

Alex: 13/20

Chris: 15/20

Cam: 16/20

Kaley: 16/20

Wally: 16/20

Elliott: 19/20

AMANDA

Such a fun dance! And danced flawlessly, as per Stacy's usual. This is a song that's been repeated numerous times on the show and I always find myself thinking of Stacy's performance to it when this song is used.

LILY

Stacy looked gorgeous here, and along with it she did a great job at a fun and classy Quickstep routine. Also the song, RIP Mary Wilson 💔

ALEX

I mean what else is there to say about Stacy?! Another flawless dance from her!

CAM

this is way too low of a ranking but i wanted the other couples to have a chance ❤️ 

KALEY

I like this dance a lot, but it tends to get lost in the shuffle for me when looking at the season overall. So it winds up here by default. 

WALLY

I found this Quickstep very cute and fun from Stacy, although it’s not one of my top favorites from her. I do like how upbeat and joyous this dance. She’s so adorable here and had so much fun on the opening out of hold parts. Then once they got into hold, she provided a firm frame and light quick footwork. This dance maybe didn’t have the wow moments some of her other dances had but it’s still really enjoyable. ❤️ 

ELLIOTT

Meh.

11. "Dirrty"

Samba by Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke

rYt0U2h.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13dwAMv9n-w

Alex: 4/20

Elliott: 4/20

Lily: 8/20

Wally: 9/20

Kaley: 11/20

Cam: 13/20

Chris: 13/20

Amanda: 15/20

Diana: 16/20

Sola: 16/20

Gigi: 17/20

ALEX

That moment of Cheryl ripping Drew's sleeves off and then they dance with the sleeves is such an innovative piece of choreography and proves why Cheryl is one of the best to do the show, especially during these early seasons. The whole dance is a ridiculous amount of fun and I'd take a dance like this any day over a technically flawless dance. I seemed to remember enjoying Drew's ballroom dances more, but this is such a strong and fun dance! Very underrated and one of the best of the season definitely.

ELLIOTT

Flawless. Cheryl is a queen.

LILY

I've always really enjoyed this performance from Drew. A technically difficult performance and he really looked at ease with it. Sold it really well, too.

WALLY

I love “Dirrty” and remember being so surprised it was used on the show, especially for the young cutesy couple in Drew & Cheryl. :haha: But this was a dance where they really got to let loose, have fun and Drew really brought that. Drew had great rhythm, musicality and danced all of the Samba technical elements so well. I loved the bounce action and partnering they did here. :bobo: And he did have great hip action and Samba rolls in there. Lol the part where Cheryl takes off Drew’s sleeves and they dance with it as part of the choreography was a lot of fun. He had some raised shoulder issues here that the judges commented on but eh, it didn’t bother me. Overall, I loved this dance, although its not as iconic as Stacy’s Samba from the same night.

KALEY

Cheryl had a lot of fun choreographing this season and it shows. I love the bit she did with the sleeves, super clever and different. I actually thought by this was danced pretty well, but I preferred his performance in several of his other routines. Still great, but it just misses on my top 10.

• *Amanda changed the title to The DWTS Dances (Mini) Rankdown (SEASON 2, #15-11 POSTED)
2 hours ago, Elliott said:

The simple solution is 9 Drew routines, 9 Stacy routines, Master P's Paso and I guess a Tia routine [/bad stan], but that didn't happen so

200.gif

Replace having Master P's Paso with 1 Lisa routine, I wouldn't have minded this. :haha: :ph34rwave: But in actuality, I love having a variety of celebs/couples represented so I don't mind the breakdown.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Watch Alex and I have the same #20 without even planning it. :dead:

omggg that would be something else. :dead: 

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

omggg that would be something else. :dead: 

Spoiler Alert: they don't.

I can say this now that Alex's #20 showed up while Elliott is the only one to have their #20 make the Top 10 because of course he is. :dead: 

THE SEASON 2 TOP 10

Stacy & Tony - "I'm Like a Bird" (Rumba)

Tia & Maks - "Por Una Cabeza" (Tango)

Stacy & Tony - 'Cell Block Tango" (Tango)

Stacy & Tony - "Bootylicious" (Samba)

Stacy & Tony - "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" (Jive)

Drew & Cheryl - "Shut Up" (Tango)

Drew & Cheryl - "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (Rumba)

Drew & Cheryl - "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" (Freestyle)

Drew & Cheryl - "Thriller" (Paso Doble) [Reprise]

Stacy & Tony - "Livin' La Vida Loca" (Samba)

• Like 1

Hmm in hindsight, I may have ranked Stacy’s Cha-Cha a little too high. 🙈  I still really liked/loved this dance but I do agree with Lily’s and Alex’s comments on the issues with the routine.

Oh wow Cam singlehandley helped Lisa’s Cha-Cha rank above Stacy’s. 😮 LMAOO Kaley’s comment on her skirt. :lmao: A fun dance, and i do wish this was her highest ranked dance but 2nd highest isn’t too bad.

Oooh and there goes Lisa’s highest ranked dance, her Paso Doble. This was really good from Lisa, and I don’t mind it being her highest ranked dance. I agree with most of the comments on this one too.

No real issues with Stacy’s Quickstep coming in at 12th. This was my lowest ranked dance of hers so I’d have it a little lower but not mad as this was still a great dance from her.

Aww a bit sad Drew’s Samba just missed out making the Top 10 but he was due for a dance showing up…. so I’m fine with this showing up. :haha: Lol I love how a number of us mentioned the sleeves choreography in this! :haha:

So 5 Stacy dances, 4 Drew dances and a Tia dance making up the Top 10? I ain’t mad at that! 😘  

9 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Spoiler Alert: they don't.

I can say this now that Alex's #20 showed up while Elliott is the only one to have their #20 make the Top 10 because of course he is. :dead: 

LMAOO I was just going to mention this. :dead: This would happen with Elliott because, Of course! :dead: :lmao: 

Hoping Elliott's #20 can win again! :wub: 

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

To be fair, my #20 is one of my favourite routines of the season at least.

*tries to figure out which Stacy routine this is*

5 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

THE SEASON 2 TOP 10

Stacy & Tony - "I'm Like a Bird" (Rumba)

Tia & Maks - "Por Una Cabeza" (Tango)

Stacy & Tony - 'Cell Block Tango" (Tango)

Stacy & Tony - "Bootylicious" (Samba)

Stacy & Tony - "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" (Jive)

Drew & Cheryl - "Shut Up" (Tango)

Drew & Cheryl - "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (Rumba)

Drew & Cheryl - "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" (Freestyle)

Drew & Cheryl - "Thriller" (Paso Doble) [Reprise]

Stacy & Tony - "Livin' La Vida Loca" (Samba)

Such a great and iconic Top 10 here :wub: Only 1 of these didn't make my Top 10 so I can not complain.

Getting the list of routines together for season 3 and I'm excited to start that season. I feel that the top 20 for that season will be more diverse than just 2 celebs accounting for more than half the final ranking dances whereas seasons 1 and 2 really were dominated by Kelly/Rachel and Drew/Stacy respectively.

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Getting the list of routines together for season 3 and I'm excited to start that season. I feel that the top 20 for that season will be more diverse than just 2 celebs accounting for more than half the final ranking dances whereas seasons 1 and 2 really were dominated by Kelly/Rachel and Drew/Stacy respectively.

Ooh yess, Im looking forward to Seaso 3 for that same reason. It should be similar to American Idol Season 3's game too. But I can see Emmitt, Mario, Joey, Monique, Willa and Vivica all having routines to go far, which would be deserving! :yes: 

3 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Drew's Samba horrifically robbed of top 10!

I wouldn't say horrifically per se but i do wish that dance made the Top 10 too. :( 

For some more call outs, since I can't do that to just Elliott.....

I'm starting to wonder if Diana, Amanda and Gigi have all of Stacy's dances in their Top 7 spots. It's certainly a given with Diana of course. But this wouldn't surprise me if this is true. :haha: And likewise, I am certain Elliott has all of Drew's dances in his Top 8 (but just unsure where he ranks Tia's Tango - which could be 8th with all of Drew's dances in his Top 6).

:giggle: 

7 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I'm starting to wonder if Diana, Amanda and Gigi have all of Stacy's dances in their Top 7 spots. It's certainly a given with Diana of course. But this wouldn't surprise me if this is true. :haha: 

Like anyone needs to wonder about that for me :dead:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I mean, I had a feeling that Elliott would be up to something regarding tanking Stacy's dances, so...

And I only tanked them because I had a feeling y’all would do the same to Drew so dearly my intuitions were correct. 💅 

Edited by Elliott

Just now, *Amanda said:

I mean, I at least gave the likes of his Paso, Tango and Freestyle good/decent rankings unlike you with Stacy’s perfect-scoring dances, but go on.

CAN I SWITCH MY RANKINGS LOL?  apparently i was too nice and now its going to make drew win this lol