The Voice 19 ● Live Top 9 Performances ● Discussion

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carter ate... Kermit the Frog has 24 hours to respond

Carter outsinging two people that have been performing longer than he was alive.

If Desz doesn’t win this show I will be salty for the next 10-12 years. 

34 minutes ago, ungodlyhour said:

:dead:  one day we'll have the conversation about the racist undertones of always calling black women "screamers" on this show... but not today

exactly🙌 it’s almost always used to put down black women on shows like The Voice, and it’s just a lazy way to discredit them whenever they show off any range😡😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

it's starting on the west coast now

US iTunes Top Songs | 23:00 EST | All charts
Pos    P+    Artist - Title
1    NEW    
Gwen Stefani - Let Me Reintroduce Myself
  • Thanks 1

Carter could probably sing "The Thong Song" next week and still win.  This is shaping up to be just as big a runaway as seasons 8 and 9.  I can't even be mad about honestly.  Dude is good.

• Like 5

Carter basically just won the show. I don’t get the hype behind DeSz’s performance to be honest. It started off ok, but then it reminded me why Hannah Huston became my S10 favorite over Alisan... 😒

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Carter could probably sing "The Thong Song" next week and still win.  This is shaping up to be just as big a runaway as seasons 8 and 9.  I can't even be mad about honestly.  Dude is good.

It is, but it didn´t became obvious until the KOs. It was a pretty even field (or at least we thought so) until then. 

And to think he got 64% or something in the app. Shows that it truly doesn´t matter when it comes to votes.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It is, but it didn´t became obvious until the KOs. It was a pretty even field (or at least we thought so) until then. 

And to think he got 64% or something in the app. Shows that it truly doesn´t matter when it comes to votes.

Given the backstory and the fact he was a "true blind" that we didn't see until John turned, he could've gotten AT LEAST mid-seventies with the backstory beforehand instead of after. Your point still stands though.

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Given the backstory and the fact he was a "true blind" that we didn't see until John turned, he could've gotten AT LEAST mid-seventies with the backstory beforehand instead of after. Your point still stands though.

Are he and John the last two left who got that treatment in the Blinds?  I remember that Payge got that, as well, and she's gone, as is Ryan B., who also got it.  For some reason, they gave Sam and (I think) Lain that treatment, too, only to see them exit in the Battles in montages.

Just now, Rodney said:

Are he and John the last two left who got that treatment in the Blinds?  I remember that Payge got that, as well, and she's gone, as is Ryan B., who also got it.  For some reason, they gave Sam and (I think) Lain that treatment, too, only to see them exit in the Battles in montages.

I think so, and both Ryans (B. and G.) got the "true blind" treatment, for a total of 7 of the 40 artists this season.

This is a fine mess you've gotten us into, Ollie.

This isn't going well (for me)...

Aside from some performances that I, still, don't care for, at all

Overall, of the 9, none really excites, impresses, or appeals to me.  Seems it's just not my Season.

The kid & Ben are ok, but, none really do it for me this time.

Fortunately, I had it recorded so could skip through or over a lot of it.  I'd listen to a few bars & "Nope, moving right along..."

Edited by Drew1903
19 hours ago, Tawne C said:

So the artists picked these songs?  Jim said he picked his song.....hmmm did you guys say TPTB picked?

They often say on air that they picked the song, and later disclose it was chosen for them. This is a scripted TV show. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 8:46 PM, Tawne C said:

So the artists picked these songs?  Jim said he picked his song.....hmmm did you guys say TPTB picked?

It depends. There's no way to know for sure unless you were there. One time during a clip where they cut back and forth between the rehearsal and the coach talking to the camera about the contestant, Blake said he picked a song for one of his artists, yet afterward in an interview the artist said he chose it. But there are a lot of songs that the contestants are given and don't have a say about.

During season 6, for the second battle round, the show made a big deal about how the contestants go to to select the song, then we see that they're given a list of only three songs and most of them sucked.