The Voice 19 ● Live Top 9 Performances ● Discussion

istersay

Just now, seak05 said:

I think the most surprising thing about Carter is his understanding of dynamics. A number of past voice contestants, especially male, could take notes on his ability to go both big and soft in the same song. 

Desz is amazing though, and a much more fully developed artist 

Unfortunately, she’s also a “screamer”. She’s not winning.

3 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Um, okay :rofl:

Desz was good, and the strongest of the night until Carter hit that stage.

This, for days.  Desz was sensational, but Carter was just unreal.  Desz had the incredible power for her performance, while Carter had the out-of-this-world softness and purity for his.

• Like 3

Just now, Ptones2010 said:

Has nothing to do with "your take" or the others above who stated the same thing...it's your opinion. :shiftywave:

Of course it is.  At this point, you just want to argue and be contradictory and try to make my opinion seem out of place when it's clearly not.  So this is where I'll leave this.

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think the most surprising thing about Carter is his understanding of dynamics. A number of past voice contestants, especially male, could take notes on his ability to go both big and soft in the same song. 

Desz is amazing though, and a much more fully developed artist 

I agree. And I appreciate that he doesn't push his voice to its limits, and just sings within his range. I actually liked how he sang last week's song despite it being very range-y.

Desz though..... she's definitely proven herself to be the best vocalist/performer this season. I think they should/will be the Top 2.

• Like 2

y’all DeSz is a screamer... i mean can she stop yelling at me!😖 seriously she keeps shouting at me i’m scared😥 like i seriously wet my pants after her performance out of fear omg i can’t breathe i’m going to have nightmares about this lady screaming at me😫 Y’ALL HELP I’M SHAKING

• Haha 7

Just now, CDH4 said:

The trends are insane for Carter but not surprising.  The whole show practically ensured his win.  However, he'll be another winner that won't go anywhere once the show ends.

And that's alright. He's a 15 year old boy with his whole life ahead of him. He has plenty of time to build his career even without the show's help. I don't expect to see him on the charts, but I feel like he'll do just fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

y’all DeSz is a screamer... i mean can she stop yelling at me!😖 seriously she keeps shouting at me i’m scared😥 like i seriously wet my pants after her performance out of fear omg i can’t breathe i’m going to have nightmares about this lady screaming at me😫 Y’ALL HELP I’M SHAKING

:dead:  one day we'll have the conversation about the racist undertones of always calling black women "screamers" on this show... but not today

• Thanks 6

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

And that's alright. He's a 15 year old boy with his whole life ahead of him. He has plenty of time to build his career even without the show's help. I don't expect to see him on the charts, but I feel like he'll do just fine.

I'd guess his ultimate path will be Broadway or some sort of musical theater.  Agreed that it's not an awful place to land.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

:rofl:

• Haha 1