Biggest surprise of the night? (Not the worst or best, just which one shocked you the most)

Misirlou

Biggest surprise of the night? (Not the worst or best, just which one shocked you the most)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Cami not getting PV
    • Kelly saving Cami
    • Gwen not saving Payge
    • Ben not saving Worth the Wait
    • Tanner getting more votes than Madeline
    • Bailey winning the Wildcard despite being Team Legend

All jokes aside, I was most shocked at Kelly saving Cami.

I could see it coming when Kelly started talking about how there "wasn't a lane" for the person she was going to save, but my jaw dropped when she started talking about it. I really thought she was going to save Tanner because the two of them had such a great rapport.

Bailey actually winning while against a Kelly and Blake country artists had me shook!

I didn't expect it, but was a pleasant surprise. 

HM: Blake not saving WTW

Payge not being saved by Gwen I see that now, she usually goes based on the night and not overall run. Sadly Ben did better than her PO night, but I thought she was HER girl so like yeah....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

Bailey actually winning while against a Kelly and Blake country artists had me shook!

I didn't expect it, but was a pleasant surprise. 

In my opinion, Bailey's Instant Save performance was leagues ahead of everyone else's. It was so good, that it made me wonder why she didn't sing that song (or at least sing like that) last night. Just based on that alone, I wasn't particularly shocked that she won. She was that much better than everyone else.

And for the record, I was rooting for Payge. But I have to give credit where it's due.

• Like 3

Gwen not saving Payge did it for me - I thought she was a lock for the save.

While I also expected WTW to move on, it wasn't as shocking - Blake knows trios and duos are divisive, and he probably figured they had decent WC odds if he took someone else.

Hopefully with Bailey winning the Instant Save John drops the "beat Blake with country" thing since he technically did it once now 🤣

Cami not getting  the PV.

I don't know for some reason I'm not surprised that Gwen and Blake saved Ben and Jim respectively.

-------------------------------------

I kinda figured it out last night that Blake loves WTW the most but prefers Jim and Ian for the competition(didn't you guys see what he said to Jim)?

-------------------------------------

For Gwen I had a strong feeling that Ben might get her save because based off of performances after Carter, he was the best. Just like in S17 where Gwen always praised Kyndal but when it came to save she saved Myracle because her PO performance was slight better.

• Like 3

I was also pretty legitimately shocked that Blake chose Jim for his Instant Save.

I really didn't think Blake would go with two country singers on his team if he had the choice. Seems like when he can choose, he typically opts for some variety. I'm SO happy with Jim still being on the show, though. I'm so stoked to see him redeem himself from his AWFUL song choice this week.

6 minutes ago, Koatterce said:

Pre-show if you told me Bailey would win the IS, I would be pretty surprised. But having heard the performances, it was pretty plausible and I wasn't that surprised 

Good song choice + pimp spot + John's pitch after she was done being very much heartfelt = icing on the cake for a solid vocal. I would've preferred Payge, but I can't say Bailey was undeserving. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Good song choice + pimp spot + John's pitch after she was done being very much heartfelt = icing on the cake for a solid vocal. I would've preferred Payge, but I can't say Bailey was undeserving. 

That was interesting to watch considering he pretty much showed her the door yesterday. But I guess the goal of beating Blake with a country artists triumphed.

My thoughts: 

Cami really doesn’t appeal to minivan. Not that DeSz does necessarily either, but she does more than Cami at least.

Kelly saving Cami was a bit shocking, but Madeline and Tanner both flopped, so it would’ve been almost offensive to pick either of them. 

Gwen was definitely being strategic in choosing Ben. Payge clearly doesn’t appeal to minivan (see wildcard results), but Ben could go far. 

I expected Blake to pick WTW too, but I think he genuinely thought they would win the Wild Card and was trying to be strategic. I was pretty little shocked he decided to save another country guy after he already had one make it though though, so I voted for this option.

Tanner was equally bad, if not marginally better than Madeline (which almost hurts to say), so no surprise that he beat her. 

Bailey winning was shocking to me at first, but after thinking about it, it made sense. Payge has never had even a sliver of appealing to minivan and have a pretty rough performance, Tanner was terrible, and WTW also flopped, while Bailey was the least bad and at least gave a salvageable performance.

1 minute ago, Plupap said:

Gwen was definitely being strategic in choosing Ben. Payge clearly doesn’t appeal to minivan (see wildcard results), but Ben could go far. 

Absolutely. If anyone listened to her after she picked Ben, she started gushing apologies and then yelling, "I'm just playing the game! I'm just playing the game!"

Gwen was trying to win. She cannot win with Payge.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bouli said:

Absolutely. If anyone listened to her after she picked Ben, she started gushing apologies and then yelling, "I'm just playing the game! I'm just playing the game!"

Gwen was trying to win. She cannot win with Payge.

I think if she saved Payge, Ben could've win WC coz I think he will not flop.

3 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think if she saved Payge, Ben could've win WC coz I think he will not flop.

Gwen did not want to risk losing Ben in the Wildcard round when he could win her the entire show (even though Carter is probably going to win her the show on his own). Bailey Rae would have given the same solid performance that she gave tonight, and it would have been a seriously close call between her and Ben.

I have to say that Gwen played "the game" super well tonight.

For what it's worth, I voted for Payge; in spite of her weak Instant Save performance, I voted for her overall body of work.

46 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That was interesting to watch considering he pretty much showed her the door yesterday. But I guess the goal of beating Blake with a country artists triumphed.

He probably thought she didn't have a shot after last night's performance, then she got the spot over Chloe and then goals of "must beat Blake with country" kicked him into gear. 

• Like 1

Gwen not saving Payge was the LEAST shocking. Her thought processes are always off-kilter. I was just grateful she didn’t pick Joseph.

Blake is loyal, but pragmatic. WTW wasn’t getting the reaction he needed to keep choosing them.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1