Jump to content

The Voice 19 ● Live Top 17 Performances ● Discussion


istersay
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

WTW would be much better off if they cut out the solos for the 13 year old. Mia, and even the mom are...OK, or at least good enough to sing one or two lines. The younger one? Nope. 

she seemed nervous. i feel bad for her, because if she does solos, then she doesn't look as good, but then if she doesn't do them, then she'll be left out. its difficult, and i expect that she's good but the nerves are getting to her.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tawne C said:

he was great...I laugh when people who hate country comment on country songs...lol. he was amazing at this song

 

i liked many of the country singers this round but didn't like him, even though i'm not a fan of country. it's not impossible for someone who dislikes country to like a country performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

i liked many of the country singers this round but didn't like him, even though i'm not a fan of country. it's not impossible for someone who dislikes country to like a country performance.

well if you know that song...he nailed it...Blake liked it...:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm only done with Kelly's performances (watching West Coast) and my thoughts:

DeSz was really great! Some issues here and there but as a whole pretty strong.

Madeline was unfortunately pitchy. Some nice moments but it was overwhelmed by the mistakes.

Tanner was absolutely dreadful ❤️ I'll gladly condone Marisa in any harassment towards him tonight.

Cami was great! Definitely the best of the 4. Pleased to see she has a good shot.

 

Predicting PV to Cami, CS to DeSz

 

Edited by Someone648
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Tawne C said:

he was great...I laugh when people who hate country comment on country songs...lol. he was amazing at this song

 


I’m a huge country fan, and I didn’t like it. Its not a reflection on his ability. It’s just the wrong style for Jim. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


I’m a huge country fan, and I didn’t like it. Its not a reflection on his ability. It’s just the wrong style for Jim. 

This - I'm not a massive country fan, but giving him something where he can let loose and have that electric power that's naturally in his voice shine would've been great.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


I’m a huge country fan, and I didn’t like it. Its not a reflection on his ability. It’s just the wrong style for Jim. 

I am a bit biased...hear him in church every week  for years..he gets better and better....this song is in his wheel house...hoping he makes it...really want him to sing Mary did you know...:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tawne C said:

I am a bit biased...hear him in church every week  for years..he gets better and better....this song is in his wheel house...hoping he makes it...really want him to sing Mary did you know...:)


Well, I’m sure that song would suit him better. He’ll need either Blake’s save or the WC. I don’t really care at this point. I haven’t even voted for anyone yet tonight, to give you an idea where I’m at with this season. If he makes it, that’s fine with me. I’m sure you know another country singing pastor won the last season. That makes things more difficult for Jim, IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Well, I’m sure that song would suit him better. He’ll need either Blake’s save or the WC. I don’t really care at this point. I haven’t even voted for anyone yet tonight, to give you an idea where I’m at with this season. If he makes it, that’s fine with me. I’m sure you know another country singing pastor won the last season. That makes things more difficult for Jim, IMO. 

the funny thing is..Jim isn't really country ...he does so many other things..anyway...hope he does good...he is a good human...:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did they really make the four-way knockout contestants practice all week just to eliminate most of them at the start? At first I thought the beginning part was faked because of how it was shot and some of the shoddy sound editing, but I guess not. So did they also shoot/edit everyone's team montages with their respective four-way artists and then run version 2.0 for three of them? When were the "Hey Google" bits filmed? Because everyone was there.

Edited by Vinyl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tossing out my 2¢

There were several I did not care for, at all.  Some I'd keep around were Madeline, Taryn, Ben, Jim and the deep voiced fellow, Ian, I think is his name. 

It's subjective as all hell, of course.  I am intrigued to see the effects of plummeting from 17 down to 9. Talk about culling the herd. Whooosh.

 

Edited by Drew1903
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Another person who was on AI?!

There's always a few, especially in the past few seasons. At least one next season as well (and more from other shows... I'm counting 3 different shows off the top of my head.)

Edited by Someone648
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, kclarkson1323 said:

I agree and I feel like we get a Desz every season at this point

 

We have also every season a Jim, a Ben, a Tanner, a Bailey...

 

The difference is that country people always win or place second, while AA women never won

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...