Big Brother Rankdown 2.0

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats to the 16th member of our top 20 placed number one on the randomizer

20. Rachel Reilly 17.9/20 @QueenKalie - 1/20 Public - 20/20 @1234567890 - 20/20 @*Amanda - 20/20 @*Lily - 20/20 @*Diana - 20/20 @Solaris - 20/20 @Stev

Congrats to the 19th member of the top 20 placed number five in the randomizer

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Congrats to the 18th member of the top 20 placed number three in the randomizer

giphy.gif

Well when randomizer cuts Jordan atleast I have her :wub:

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Whelp time for Diana to really sweat it out now. :giggle:

Why are you coming for me? I wasn't the only one who put someone in there??? 

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Congrats to the 18th member of the top 20 placed number three in the randomizer

giphy.gif

Good choice as Sola told me afterwards she was on his list of potential cuts :giggle:

21. Dan Gheesling

dan_gheesling_gettyimages-82850261.jpg

Obviously he wouldn't have been my first choice to go, but I'm relieved it went this way instead of a few other ways. I was once a huge Dan Gheesling fan, but the love for him has faded a bit over the years, mainly thanks to BB14. However, there is no denying his amazing gameplay. In Big Brother 10, Dan found himself in a guy's alliance with Brian and Ollie, which very quickly fell apart thanks to a cast of iconic and amazing women who sniffed it out, and immediately destroyed it. After losing Brian, Dan recovered by laying low and staying out of the way. That was until he became a swing vote during the Memphis vs. Jessie vote. As America's Player that week, he had no control over the vote, but he campaigned for Memphis to stay to America and they granted him his wish. Dan solidified his final two deal with Memphis at that point and continued to stay out of the way. While a war was going on between Keesha, Libra, April, and Michelle, Dan hid from the drama. Though his side lost Libra, they went on a bit of a winning streak which put Dan in the prime position to take the game over. Once Dan won HOH at the final seven, it was his game to lose. He dominated strategically, physically, and socially and made it to the end to win in the first ever unanimous 7-0 vote.

He returned a few seasons later as a coach on BB14. Dan drafted a terrible team though and quickly ended up with just Danielle left. Thanks to some producer shenanigans though, he survives the coaches portion of the game and makes it to the real part of the game as a regular player. The weakest part of Dan's game, in my opinion, is the portion between the coaches twist ending and the jury. His job was to run the game with the coaches, but instead he lets them all implode and loses Janelle and Boogie, two shields for him, during the pre-jury. He needed coaches on that jury to advocate for him, but instead he had a bunch of newbies. While Dan's strategic game is still better than ever, particularly during his iconic funeral where he save himself at the final eight, his jury management is rather weak and he relies on making too many promises and even swearing on the bible. He had not trip to the jury house to visit Michelle like in BB10. Instead, he sent people out the door angry with him. Though there were some rational jurors like Britney, he went to the final two with Ian Terry, who was beloved by many of these jurors. Though Dan's loss is controversial to many, I think it's completely understandable.

I didn't talk much about Dan's character. He never particularly entertained me at all that much. I preferred his character in BB10, which was such a volatile season that a more normal and lowkey guy was a bit more fun to watch, especially in his relationships with Keesha and Renny. In BB14, I needed more entertainment value from him and outside the funeral and the Shane blindside, he just wasn't delivering that to me. While I'm FAR from a Dan hater, he is one of my least favorites remaining. I will admit that I nominated him during the public noms, so I'd be lying if I said I was completely upset over this exit. However, Dan is still a legend and an icon in the Big Brother series.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Good choice as Sola told me afterwards she was on his list of potential cuts :giggle:

Ugh I'd much rather thave Daniele cut than Da'Vonne. :dead: 

• Alex95 changed the title to Big Brother Rankdown 2.0