Most likely contestants to deliver a trainwreck in the playoffs

TeamAudra

Pick 4, one from each team. :devilwave:

Team Kelly:

Ryan (I’m obviously making the assumption he won the 4-way KO)

Cami

Desz

Tanner 

Madeline 

Team Blake:

Worth The Wait

Jim

Ian

Sid

Team Gwen:

Carter

Payge

Joseph 

Ben

Team John:

John

Bailey 

Tamara 

Chloe 

Edited by TeamAudra

Team Kelly:

They are all good honestly, I know people don't like Tanner, but I dont see him delivering a trainwreck per se. Madeline nailed her KO, but I feel like we've seen a lot of contestants her type flop in the playoffs, so I'm going to say Madeline.

Team Gwen:

Joseph, definitely. Apparently he already did in the KO, and I see his nerves getting the best of him.

Team Legend:

I see Bailey flopping honestly, since John has clearly no idea what do to with her, I'm expecting a questionable song choice.

Team Blake:

Worth the Wait for sure. Their harmonies have not been tight in the taped rounds, I'm expecting them to pull a Bundys 2.0. Still, Blake will save them.

Team Kelly

- Desz and Cami are obviously not going to flop/be bussed. Tanner would probably continue his mediocre shtick so I wouldn't call that flopping. I don't know why, but I get a sinking feeling Madeline will be given a bus song choice. Same with Ryan.

Team Gwen

- I feel like they'll just nail in Joseph's coffin by making sure he doesn't give a good performance with a terrible song.

Team Legend

- I could see Bailey or Chloe doing so.

Team Blake

- I feel like TPTB have helped Worth The Wait's harmonies sound better in the pre-taped rounds, so I'm expecting a dip in quality.

Edited by FloorWax

TEAM KELLY

- I was impressed with Madeline during the KO, but I don't think she'll ba able to maintain such live performance. Like said above, her types typically flops during the lives. If not Madeline, Tanner I think.

TEAM JOHN

- Something tells me that Chloé might deliver a pitchy live performance, especially for sure when she will try to sing huge songs since she might want to impress. If not her, I guess Tamara will (she have had breath issues already during the pre-taped, soo yeah)

TEAM GWEN

- Is that a question? Definitely Joseph, it is visible that he is still not used to control his nerves when singing.

TEAM BLAKE

- This is hard because I think Worth the Wait can deliver (I would not count them out though) so I think it will be uuuhhh Ian, maybe? 

Edited by anonymouskid_35

6 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Madeline (age)

Joseph...although I can't shake the feeling that TPTB have really helped Payge in the recorded rounds.

Bailey

WTW

Nah, watch any of her live performances, she sounds incredible, and its just her raw voice. Plus, the way she performs are clear signs she's a profesional in this field.

The only way I could see her flopping is if TPTB straight up gives her a horrible, left field song choice. But given she's been pimped quite a lot, I dont see that happening. Still, she will need Gwen's save given that Carter is on the same team.

I know the show moved to a new soundstage this season, but if it's gonna be anything like the previous one, I would imagine the singers with deeper voices would struggle in their first live performances. I can see Tamara, Ben, Ian, Ryan, Payge and maybe even Desz running into issues. 

As long as Carter doesn't reach puberty within the next few weeks, he'll be fine.

Worth the Wait will struggle for sure, but I don't think it'll matter.

I feel like Cami is benefitting a lot from the post production of the taped rounds, I hope she can actually project on a bigger stage.

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Nah, watch any of her live performances, she sounds incredible, and its just her raw voice. Plus, the way she performs are clear signs she's a profesional in this field.

The only way I could see her flopping is if TPTB straight up gives her a horrible, left field song choice. But given she's been pimped quite a lot, I dont see that happening. Still, she will need Gwen's save given that Carter is on the same team.

I hope you're right bc she's one of my favs.  It's just gut feeling I have.

- Ryan already ran out of Bocelli impersonations so I'm expecting him to be mediocre at best next week. Not that this is going to matter though, he'll still get the most likes/shares/reactions on Facebook.

- Ben because Carter needs to ensure that sweet PV spot 😊

- Chloe has potential :thumbs:

- Ian? No idea tbh. Who cares about Team Blake anyway :haha:

1 minute ago, echoap said:

- Ryan already ran out of Bocelli impersonations so I'm expecting him to be mediocre at best next week. Not that this is going to matter though, he'll still get the most likes/shares/reactions on Facebook.

All Ryan has to do is sing "Nessun Dorma," and he'll complete the trifecta of "Opera Songs that Talent Show Contestants ALWAYS Sing."

But to answer the question...

Cami because she relies so heavily on song choice. She's the most prone to a flop because she can soar with a good one, and she WILL suffer with a bad one. I don't think anyone else on Team Kelly is as reliant on song choice to succeed.

Sid because I don't think anyone on Team Blake is going to flop; I think they're all going to be solid. But my faves have a tendency to flop, and Sid is one of them, so... yeah.

Joseph because he already had a baffling montage in the Knockouts. Now, whether that montage was HIS fault, or Van Andrew's fault, or both of their faults, remains to be seen. But I don't have a lot of faith in him. Carter, Payge, and Ben have all demonstrated 100% consistency in their quality.

Tamara because like Cami, she is reliant on song choice - but unlike Cami, she has a few issues with breath control. I fear that she'll pick something else with a "rap" in it like "Cuz I Love You," and that would be no bueno. If she picks something energetic that has her out of breath or required to move too much, then it's all over for her.

Blake: Even though I’m predicting a PV, I have to go with WTW, given the options. 

Kelly: Madeline or Cami. It really depends on song choice. If they get something comfortably within their range, and that they’re familiar with, they should be fine. If Kelly decides to “challenge” them, they could be in trouble. 

John: Bailey 

Gwen: Joseph? This is tough one. Carter is young, so it could easily happen to him too, but they’ll probably give him a song he’s comfortable with. 

Ultimately, I suspect we’ll have way more than four trainwrecks. 

Edited by TeamAudra

K: Hard to pick here but it really depends on who they bus. Someone's getting bussed no matter what on that team. I have a feeling it'll be Cami, but it could be Tanner or Madeline as well.

G: Joseph. They'll probably give Ben something questionable as well but he'll do alright enough to still actually have an okayish chance.

J: Bailey. Although Chloe's got potential with the wrong song choice.

B: Ian. Worth the Wait is my next guess.

Train wreck implies not just bad, but gloriously bad.

I honestly think John Holiday and Tamara have the highest potential to go off the rails. 

Joseph will just be uninterestingly bad. He really doesn’t belong at this stage of the competition. They sweetened his Battle Round vocals to justify Gwen’s steal. 

There is of course the matter of Carter and the vicissitudes of puberty providing a potential train wreck.

K: I have a feeling they may bus Tanner for some reason

J: Tamara might have some breath-control issues

G: Joseph will have a lot of nerves or Carter’s voice may crack

B: WTW won’t have good harmonies

Kelly: I have a hunch they're gonna give an uptempo song to Tanner. Or at least I hope they do. It's gonna be a sight to see.

John: Probably Bailey? Since she seems to be the greenest and John doesn't have a clue what to do with her. I could see her getting something like 'Suds in the Bucket'.

Gwen: I think Joseph might just be boring, not trainwreck potential. Maybe Carter if his voice drops.

Blake: WTW. It's pretty likely for their harmonies to get messy live, I think.

Now that I think about it, there are certain types of contestants that may succed or flop according to what they are given:

Cami, Madeline, Joseph, Tamara, Ian  , Chloé and  John H are contestants that will depend on song choice, since the wrong one can easily take them out with their very specific voices.

People like Ben, Tanner, Carter, Payge, Sid , Bailey and Jim can be more broad with their choices. Sid has the blues lane ready for him and can interject into any of those type of songs, same with Ben, Tanner,  Bailey and Jim with country. Payge has proven to be versatile AF, she can nail pop, R&B and even rock as shown in her KO, so she won´t have a problem in song selection. And Carter, he´s proving to be consistent enough for me to completely trust him on delivering on the lives.

Kelly: Gives Tanner "Lips of an Angel" (aka the country equivalent of You Oughta Know).

Gwen: I don't see anyone tanking unless Carter has multiple massive voice-cracks mid-performance; if that doesn't happen then at worst Joseph's nerves might get the best of him.

John: Gives Bailey "Suds in the Bucket" since he doesn't know what to do with her and genuinely thinks it's a good idea (an accidental bus is still a bus, after all).

Blake: WTW, as those harmonies may be messier than we think and solos are a weak point - that said, they're the most likely to survive since I have a feeling they'll be Blake's save.