Jump to content

If celebrity artists competed on The Voice


Recommended Posts

So we had talk of if the coaches would make it far or not on the show, but what about any artist in general? 

 

I think people like Chris Stapleton and Garth Brooks would automatically be finale material, they would probably also be the Top 2 of the season.

 

I think a behemoth of a vocalist and international icon like Celine Dion could easily win, maybe have some trouble against some country-male, but I'd say she would win.

 

Someone like Maggie Rogers would get cremated(unfortunately) in the first live shows.

 

Note: they can use their own original songs as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some that come to mind (I´m considering vocals, and how would they do on the show according to the demo´s taste) (We also have to consider they would be on separate seasons and that they all turned chairs and made playoffs)

 

Chris Stapleton: Vocal beast + country/soul/blues, winner for sure.

Tim McGraw: Right up the demo´s alley, stage presence and charm, finalist probably.

Carrie Underwood: Great vocalist, would wind up in the finale but not win, probably because of an R&B or soul male.

Faith Hill: Finale for sure, but not sure if she would win, same as Carrie.

Tori Kelly: A coaches favorite for sure, and I think she might wind up the Top 10 or 8, but that would be her ceiling.

Luke Combs: Minivan would love him, finalist.

Katy Perry: She might turn a couple of chairs, but if she makes playoffs, eliminated instantly.

Amber Riley: Another coaches favorite, they would love her and give her a standing ovation for each performance, but the demo might acuse her of screaming. Might get past playoffs as coach save, eliminated at Top 10 or 8.

Sarah McLaughlin: Ethereal vocals, could very well pull a Maelyn and win, I could see the demo liking her.

Taylor Swift: This one´s tricky. Country Taylor would have won, for sure. She had the Emily Ann/Danielle charm, sweet vocals and was young. Pop Taylor wouldn´t make it past playoffs I believe.

Ariana Grande: She´s got an R&B vibe, and the audience might like that, so I would say Top 10 might be her ceiling.

Celine Dion: She could win, honestly. Great vocalist and pretty undeniable, even for an audience like Minivan. Not to mention she´s got different textures on her voice, the soft and powerful.

Shawn Mendes: Cute pop boy, eliminated instantly. Minivan is not a fan of those typically, Micah being the exception, but he is a stronger singer than Shawn.

Kane Brown: Winner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Stapleton would be unstoppable, especially if he’s allowed to use the guitar for every performance. None of the country-soul singers who’ve appeared on the show even come close to his vocals, songwriting, and musicianship. Game over. 

Yep. It would be pretty much a Jordan Smith type of run.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

So we had talk of if the coaches would make it far or not on the show, but what about any artist in general? 

 

I think people like Chris Stapleton and Garth Brooks would automatically be finale material, they would probably also be the Top 2 of the season.

 

I think a behemoth of a vocalist and international icon like Celine Dion could easily win, maybe have some trouble against some country-male, but I'd say she would win.

 

Someone like Maggie Rogers would get cremated(unfortunately) in the first live shows.

 

Note: they can use their own original songs as well.

kelly clarkson :wub:

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the current crop of coaches was unknown to the public, and competed on this season of The Voice, how would they finish? Try as hard as possibly to keep bias out of it, and imagine they auditioned at an open call, or something. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If the current crop of coaches was unknown to the public, and competed on this season of The Voice, how would they finish? Try as hard as possibly to keep bias out of it, and imagine they auditioned at an open call, or something. 

I imagine Blake would get far virtue of being a good country singer, and Kelly because she's just an incredible singer. I don't feel like John would get very far. He's good but definitely not a vote magnet. Gwen could either be an early elim or a favorite of her coach that gets the coach save in the playoffs, if she makes it there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If the current crop of coaches was unknown to the public, and competed on this season of The Voice, how would they finish? Try as hard as possibly to keep bias out of it, and imagine they auditioned at an open call, or something. 

kelly would probably go with country, since i expect that she'd be smart enough to know the audience, but she would also attract pop voters if she toes the line well enough. blake would do fine i think. john would probably reach lives, but not go farther. gwen would not go far if she made lives, but she's "unique" enough that she probably wouldn't even pass pre-taped rounds

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blake: PV into the finale, chance of winning.
Kelly: Robbed powerful vocalist of the season that gets into the finale after being forced into the semifinal instant save, where she blows it out of the water, but then inevitably doesn't win at the finale (ala Kennedy, Rose)

John: Coach saved at the playoffs, but eliminated in the first few live shows (at least in the early seasons, it always felt like there was always at least one RnB singer who left early lives)

Gwen: Eliminated pre-lives (RIP, sorry D; )

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Agggron said:

Blake: PV into the finale, chance of winning.
Kelly: Robbed powerful vocalist of the season that gets into the finale after being forced into the semifinal instant save, where she blows it out of the water, but then inevitably doesn't win at the finale (ala Kennedy, Rose)

John: Coach saved at the playoffs, but eliminated in the first few live shows (at least in the early seasons, it always felt like there was always at least one RnB singer who left early lives)

Gwen: Eliminated pre-lives (RIP, sorry D; )

I don't want to be that person, but unlike the ones you mentioned, Kelly is white. Plus she have kids, a decent sob story, can sing several genres (including country if she wants), and her voice, while powerful, is very controlled, so at least a good part of Minivan wouldn't call her a "screamer". With all these factors, I can see her pulling an "Alisan Porter" type of run and win, or at least, a "Meghan Linsay" one, and get at least second place.

 

I think JHud would fit more with the description you gave.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As you guys already mentioned a lot of celebrities so I'm gonna say Dimash would make it to the FINALE. I know he isn't THAT famous in the US but he definitely has a lot of success in other countries(Kazakhstan, China, Russia) so yeah he is a CELEBRITY. And above all he is VOCAL MONSTER.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blake would do fine, since outside of his bro country crap, he can sing, and has a great personality. He would be a finalist or could win. Check out his cover of "She Talks to Angels", good stuff.

 

Kelly would win, I mean no brainer. She's a phenomenal singer, can sing in many genres, has the personality, and a great story (she had to overcome a lot to be in Idol). 

 

John would probably make it far, since he obviously can sing and considering he doesnt touch politics on the show, but Top 10 would be his ceiling.

 

Gwen's voice is very controversial and definitely not for everyone. She would be a coaches favorite, but she would need their save to make it past the playoffs. The following week would be her ceiling.

 

Minivan aside, IDF would love Kelly, hate Blake, acknowledge John's vocals but wouldnt care too much about him, and be divided on Gwen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blake would at least make blood bath. Country guy good song writer , charisma. That said from what I've heard of his live singing it seems to lack nuance or a nice tone. I think he might take a path like Gyth

 

Kelly would be interesting. She went through Idol as an old school r and b singer and honestly I think she actually prefers to sing R and b or Jazz.  I'm not sure if the current voice demo would really get behind a white girl singing Aretha and Dionne Warrick. However, she's pretty driven for success and fame so she would probably go country, country/pop and win

 

John has a great tone, isnt offensive and plays Piano. I think he would make it at least as far as Kirk and maybe win because his tone is more pleasing.

 

The audience wouldn't get Gwen and though i quite like No Doubt i dont think her style traslates all that well vocally in a live setting. I'm not sure she would get a chair turn.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I don't want to be that person, but unlike the ones you mentioned, Kelly is white. Plus she have kids, a decent sob story, can sing several genres (including country if she wants), and her voice, while powerful, is very controlled, so at least a good part of Minivan wouldn't call her a "screamer". With all these factors, I can see her pulling an "Alisan Porter" type of run and win, or at least, a "Meghan Linsay" one, and get at least second place.

 

I think JHud would fit more with the description you gave.

i agree, the people of that archetype are very often AA powerhouses, and Kelly being white will likely give her a leg up (AA "screamers" are very different than white "screamers" in terms of voting potential 😭). JHud makes sense for that description. I can see Kelly winning if she leans into country.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Stapleton would be just about unstoppable - the only thing that could get between him and the title would be a serious vocal cord injury.

 

Switching gears to a different lane: Bruno Mars is an R&B artist I could see doing very well on the show. He's charismatic with excellent stage presence, has a pretty decent range, and can tackle both ballads + upbeat numbers with relative ease. With good song choices he could easily make the semifinals, and I'd be unsurprised to see him in the finale (winning is more questionable but in a final four he'd probably make it at least to third).

 

Of the current coach lineup (assuming all four make it onto the same season):

 

Kelly would almost certainly get through to the lives with zero difficulty regardless of her genre. I could see her going the Meghan Linsey route of a mix of country and soulful songs and doing well, though I could also see her sticking more closely to the country lane as well. Of the four on the lineup, she strikes me as the most likely winner. 

 

Blake is likable and can sing pretty well live, and if he were to make the finale I think his original song would likely sell better than Kelly's. He'd probably skate through to the finale with little issue, but would likely finish lower than Kelly.

 

John has a pleasing tone and can play piano well, so I could see him doing fairly well with the viewers. He might make bloodbath week, but I don't know if he'd make the finale.

 

Gwen has a very distinctive voice and because of that might be gone before lives, though if she did make the lives then her ceiling would be playoffs. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mariahmc said:

let's agree to disagree purrrrr

Okay we can agree to disagree but I wasn't saying Mariah is the best singer(This is so subjective because TONE comes into play) I just said she is Vocally the best Female singer of all time(This is objective though)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...