DWTS29 Week 10 - Top 6 Discussion Thread

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminder, More than one women has alleged Nelly sexually assaulted them, Nev punched a female in the face.... we must root for Justina or Kaitlyn.

You're forgetting B*bby B*ness got a 30 for his awful Freestyle.

Nelly would’ve been in the B3 if the judges knew how to do their job. 🙂

Just now, *Diana said:

Reminder, More than one women has alleged Nelly sexually assaulted them, Nev punched a female in the face.... we must root for Justina or Kaitlyn.

wtf

• Like 1

I haven’t got a chance to watch the show yet, but I’m just gonna say, huge credit where it’s due to Britt and Daniella. Both really have made a great impression this season.

Britt did a great job with Johnny, I hope she proved some naysayers wrong about her ability as a pro and I’d hope to see her back

Daniella IMO has done a great job. I know IDF is by no means team Nelly, and I’m not saying he’s the best dancer by any means - but even though he’s still the weakest standing, he has made good improvement since the first week and I think a lot of that comes down to Daniella. She seems to have helped him really become more comfortable with the experience.

No real surprise with the results but sad to see how it played out as Skai/Justina/Johnny were my top 3. Skai did a great job getting to top 5 seeing as she really overcame her nerves and improved her performance ability over the season. Sad Justina is going into the top 4 as the only person with a bottom 2 appearance - I hope she can pull more votes out of the bag there.

Overall I’m interested to see how the final goes. Don’t really have any concrete predictions (which is probably for the best because my placement predictions this season have been all over the place :dead:). Still leaning towards a Nev win, but Kaitlyn has really gained momentum these last couple of weeks. And then Nelly has real support. Would love to see Justina sneak in there and give them all a run for their money.

12 hours ago, Elliott said:

wtf

He attended Sarah Lawrence College, studying Photography and Dance from 2004 to 2006. Schulman has admitted that he was expelled from Sarah Lawrence College after punching a female student whom he allegedly mistook for male. 

review time!

Redemption Dances

Skai & Alan: i said this was her best dance on my first watch but after re-watching there were some technical things here and there that could've been better! nevertheless it was still a great dance and she improved even the good parts of her first cha-cha which i love to see! her lines are much better and her legs are much sharper. 27.

Justina & Sasha: this took me a few watches to realize what i didn't like but i felt like her legs didn't have the sharpness needed for the tango. her footwork & performance value were phenomenal and her frame is good, though it could be better too! 26.

Johnny & Britt: i agree with everything the judges said about this one! he had some disconnects on the underarm turns and i feel like there were quite a few times when his lower half and upper half weren't connected in the way that they should be for a proper salsa. 25.

Nelly & Daniella: stiff as always and he fumbled on a good portion of the steps he did. what more is there to say? this is my critique every week! 19.

Nev & Jenna: yeah after a rewatch this wasn't fluid enough at all for a proper foxtrot. his attempts at rise and fall were him straightening and relaxing his posture too fast and it just came out kind of jagged? i can appreciate that his feet were much better than his first one in this though! 25.

Kaitlyn & Artem: ugh this is such a frustrating one because i really wanted to like this one. she absolutely improved her footwork which i commend but i feel like she lost the intensity and emotion needed for it. her arm lines weren't strong enough and her legs didn't have the proper energy for a paso. 25.

New Dances

Justina & Sasha: yeah. after a rewatch, this was the best dance of the season in my opinion. it was definitely the most emotive dance of the night on top of being technically flawless and it actually felt like a true contemporary which i've been missing from this show for a while! 30.

Skai & Alan: loved this too! i don't know how but she somehow made it more elegant than her foxtrot and actually emoted for the first time in a while (though i will say she hasn't had a slow dance since week 4). her lines were great, her footwork was great, i loved it! 30.

Johnny & Britt: hmm this one was weird for me. britt is obviously an amazing contemporary choreographer but jazz and contemporary are not the same thing and both have some foundation technical rules. i can't fault johnny for that but i can fault him for losing sync with her a few times throughout. however, i still enjoyed this a lot and it was one of my favorites, though it wasn't one of the best27.

Nev & Jenna: amazing choreography on jenna's behalf (though i expected this)! i wanna add that i think she stepped up her choreo game this year. anyway, this was nev's best dance in terms of performance quality but there were visible technical errors as he had a couple technique issues with his feet. i don't want to rag on this dance as everyone loved it but the missteps were there. 28.

Nelly & Daniella: his best dance i can recognize that! he actually did almost all the steps which is finally some progress. he's still stiff as hell like always and his legs didn't have the proper energy for jive at all, but i did admittedly enjoy the performance even if i don't like him. 22.

Kaitlyn & Artem: yeah this is the one for her! i love that we finally got to see her show emotion in a dance on top of it being a great performance technically! easily her best dance and up there in the top 10 this season. loved it! 30.

Overall

1. Skai & Alan (27+30=57)

2. Justina & Sasha (26+30=56)

3. Kaitlyn & Artem (25+30=55)

4. Nev & Jenna (25+28=53)

5. Johnny & Britt (25+27=52)

6. Nelly & Daniella (19+22=41)

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

He attended Sarah Lawrence College, studying Photography and Dance from 2004 to 2006. Schulman has admitted that he was expelled from Sarah Lawrence College after punching a female student whom he allegedly mistook for male. 

regardless. he should not be punching people in the face. also he's garbage.

justina or kaitlyn for the win.

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

regardless. he should not be punching people in the face. also he's garbage.

justina or kaitlyn for the win.

I agree - I just copied the information for Wikipedia. 

I took a deep dive into the Nev stuff randomly a few days ago and there's some old Livejournal page or something where people from the college are documenting what they saw happen, written like the day after. Obviously it's terrible either way but let's just say, Nev's "whoopsie!" version of events come across very different from the others.

Just got around to watching the dances. Overall ranking on first watch would probably be:

1. Skai & Alan - Viennese Waltz

2. Nev & Jenna - Contemporary

3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Contemporary

4. Justina & Sasha - Contemporary

5. Skai & Alan - Cha-Cha

6. Kaitlyn & Artem - Paso Doble

7. Nev & Jenna - Foxtrot

8. Johnny & Britt - Jazz

9. Justina & Sasha - Tango

10. Johnny & Britt - Salsa

11. Nelly & Daniella - Jive

12. Nelly & Daniella - Paso Doble

- All bias aside, I loved Skai's dances this week and thought this was such a great way for her to go out. Her Cha-Cha was my favorite dance of the first round, I think she really stepped it up there and had great technique whilst also looking a lot more comfortable. And her Viennese Waltz was so gorgeous - I wouldn't have expected my favorite dances of hers to be the slower ballroom numbers, but she danced so beautifully in these.

- Nev had a great night unsurprisingly. The Contemporary was brilliant as to be expected, and I thought he did a great job in the Foxtrot too.

- Kaitlyn also had two really good dances, the Contemporary was super emotional and so heartfelt. I really liked the Paso Doble too and thought she improved well here.

- Justina's Contemporary was also really beautiful and showed how excellent a performer she is, it was gorgeous to watch. Her Tango didn't leave a huge impression on me after watching all the dances, but I did really like it.

- Johnny had a slightly weaker night for me in the midst of everything else, I'll be honest. I enjoyed his Jazz/Salsa routines, but feel like overall the standard was pretty high and so they didn't completely live up to the dances by Skai, Nev, Kaitlyn and Justina, for me.

- Unsurprisingly Nelly's dances were the weaker ones. :haha: Obviously overscored, but saying that these were two of my favorite dances of his. Unpopular opinion but he has improved over the season, he's not at the standard of the others and he's not finale-standard, sure, but not gonna pretend he's Master P'd his way to the final or anything. I thought Daniella did a good job choreographing these.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Just got around to watching the dances. Overall ranking on first watch would probably be:

1. Skai & Alan - Viennese Waltz

2. Nev & Jenna - Contemporary

3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Contemporary

4. Justina & Sasha - Contemporary

5. Skai & Alan - Cha-Cha

6. Kaitlyn & Artem - Paso Doble

7. Nev & Jenna - Foxtrot

8. Johnny & Britt - Jazz

9. Justina & Sasha - Tango

10. Johnny & Britt - Salsa

11. Nelly & Daniella - Jive

12. Nelly & Daniella - Paso Doble

- All bias aside, I loved Skai's dances this week and thought this was such a great way for her to go out. Her Cha-Cha was my favorite dance of the first round, I think she really stepped it up there and had great technique whilst also looking a lot more comfortable. And her Viennese Waltz was so gorgeous - I wouldn't have expected my favorite dances of hers to be the slower ballroom numbers, but she danced so beautifully in these.

- Nev had a great night unsurprisingly. The Contemporary was brilliant as to be expected, and I thought he did a great job in the Foxtrot too.

- Kaitlyn also had two really good dances, the Contemporary was super emotional and so heartfelt. I really liked the Paso Doble too and thought she improved well here.

- Justina's Contemporary was also really beautiful and showed how excellent a performer she is, it was gorgeous to watch. Her Tango didn't leave a huge impression on me after watching all the dances, but I did really like it.

- Johnny had a slightly weaker night for me in the midst of everything else, I'll be honest. I enjoyed his Jazz/Salsa routines, but feel like overall the standard was pretty high and so they didn't completely live up to the dances by Skai, Nev, Kaitlyn and Justina, for me.

- Unsurprisingly Nelly's dances were the weaker ones. :haha: Obviously overscored, but saying that these were two of my favorite dances of his. Unpopular opinion but he has improved over the season, he's not at the standard of the others and he's not finale-standard, sure, but not gonna pretend he's Master P'd his way to the final or anything. I thought Daniella did a good job choreographing these.

i can always trust your opinions ❤️ 

• Like 1

Whoaa, @ Nelly being in the finals!!!1111 😮  

I knew Johnny only had 1-2 weeks left, he's been in b2 twice. 

Wow @ Justina b3ing, 😮  Skai was obv gonna be there, so no surprise there.  I think besides Nelly, she's the next inconsistent.  Yeah, I would've saved Justina too, she's been more consistent 

i am rooting for Nelly mostly since i am a fan of his music. also interesting he is performing tomorrow night at the AMA's while still a contestant . both shows are on ABC which makes it even more interesting.