Jump to content

DWTS29 Week 9 - Top 7 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh.... eeek Johnny landing in the Bottom 2, even after tying the top of the leaderboard. Gah I feel bad for him there, especially as he's been hitting his stride these last few weeks. :( 

 

He's the better version of Ally

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one makes me sad now just with Naya at the end 😢

Wow to think I’ve been here calling Derek the least questionable judge for weeks and then... 🤡

Janet shared Skai's Paso Doble on Twitter!

Just now, *Lily said:

Wooow...never would have guessed AJ to go so soon. Really thought he had the fanbase on lock! That entire results segment was SO intense...every possible bottom 2 I kept considering kept getting reduced :dead:

 

When it comes to the bottom 2, I think the judges (CAI and Bruno) made the fair call tonight. Sad to see AJ go but I’ll admit, he was yet to really have that big breakthrough for me.

Yeahh agree with you on all of this. LMAO None of us predicted this Bottom 2 with all of our outcomes. :lmao: And same on the AJ comments. Really loved his Samba from a few weeks ago but wish he had more dances on that level. :( 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *Lily said:

Just on a side note...I am sad for Cheryl. As she’s hinted recently that this may be her last season :( I know she’s said that before :giggle:But as the show continues to evolve I would understand if this happened. I’m glad she’s clearly made a great friend in AJ but aww, I’m sad for her that this could  possibly be the end of her pro run.

 

She's said it before though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I predicted Johnny for bottom two but I was hoping I was wrong. I was hoping his early bottom two appearance was just a fluke like Kel's last year. But now it seems clear he doesn't have the fanbase. It'll take a miracle for him to survive the semis.

 

Pleasantly relieved about Justina surviving! This was the first real test of her fanbase and they came through. I thought the second Justina stumbled she would be done for. So glad I was wrong about that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Solaris said:

 

She's said it before though.


I mentioned that :haha: I hope she would come back in some capacity but with how much the show continues to change (and tbh who knows how much longer it’ll even be on for) I do wonder if she’d come back. Never say never I suppose!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

The judges: Overscore the mediocre male celeb every week.

Also The Judges: Complain about having to make a hard decision between 2 good dancers when said mediocre guy is safe every week because they refuse to score him low enough to counteract the votes he’s getting.

 

🙂 

The judges will never learn. :dead: 

 

5 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Just on a side note...I am sad for Cheryl. As she’s hinted recently that this may be her last season :( I know she’s said that before :giggle:But as the show continues to evolve I would understand if this happened. I’m glad she’s clearly made a great friend in AJ but aww, I’m sad for her that this could  possibly be the end of her pro run.

Awww Cheryl there. :( I would understand if she decides this is her last season. She had a really good run with AJ although it wasn't the run we predicted. But I would also understand if she takes a few years off and comes back some years from now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it just me that heard Tyra completely butcher the word cumulative when she was explaining the rules for the dance-off and how Nev ended up with immunity? And here we are again with Nev talking about a parent enjoying dance and taking him to dances and him/the show pretending that is why he has his love for dance and is such a good dancer. What a surprise it was his ultimate dream to be in a Broadway show, that is what he studied dance for five years for.

 

Totally predictable that this would be Kaitlyn's redemption week (though not completely because she didn't get the two cha-cha points versus Justina) and that Carrie-Ann would be leading the charge. I didn't predict the perfect score and I didn't see much difference between how she performed this week's dance and how she performed her previous dances. Her perfect score was almost immediately displaced by Johnny and Britt's perfect score. Johnny and Britt also weren't perfect but they were so much more enjoyable than Kaitlyn. (P.S: when Kaitlyn/Artem went up to hug CAI in excitement for their 30 I wanted to jump through the screen and push them away and tell them to back up and stay six feet away!)

 

I finally figured out what bothers me the most about Skai. I know, logically, that she is eighteen, but she's so short that each week it looks like she is playing dress-up pretending to be a grownup and not actually being one. Though she did make sure to say "thank you" out loud to each judge by name in her post-dance critique so maybe someone that isn't her mother got to her to try and make things right. 

 

Did Tyra take up so much money in the budget with all her costume changes that the pros/celebs are no longer allowed to change clothes between the first dance and the dance-off? 

 

"If there is a split decision the third judge gets the deciding vote." No duh, Tyra, that is how a judging panel of three people works!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Just on a side note...I am sad for Cheryl. As she’s hinted recently that this may be her last season :( I know she’s said that before :giggle:But as the show continues to evolve I would understand if this happened. I’m glad she’s clearly made a great friend in AJ but aww, I’m sad for her that this could  possibly be the end of her pro run.

She’s been hinting that she wants to retire for a few seasons now. I think she was wanting to go out on a third win so she’d be the first female pro to do so, but JP got robbed and AJ didn’t live up to our expectations. :( But yeah, I definitely think this is her final season unless Witney and Lindsay are still unable to come back next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I will root for the fourth finalist if that is the scenario but it’s not an anti-Kaitlyn thing (I mean she easily becomes my second pick in that scenario) for me. Just a case of enjoying the others more! I’m pulling for an underdog victory this season as unlikely as it may be. :haha:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Continuing my run of having some accurate winner picks and some wildly inaccurate picks :wub: AJ can join the club of DeMarcus Ware congrats!

Lmaoo I think the same with me too. :lmao: At least I was close with guessing Kel, who came in 2nd.

12 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I predicted Johnny for bottom two but I was hoping I was wrong. I was hoping his early bottom two appearance was just a fluke like Kel's last year. But now it seems clear he doesn't have the fanbase. It'll take a miracle for him to survive the semis.

 

Pleasantly relieved about Justina surviving! This was the first real test of her fanbase and they came through. I thought the second Justina stumbled she would be done for. So glad I was wrong about that!

Same. I was thinking Johnny's B2 trip was a fluke but guess not now. :( 

 

Yeah this was definitely the most worrying week for Justina. Def feard for her but happy her  fans came through

11 minutes ago, ungodlyhour said:

i unfortunately am foreseeing kaitlyn/nev/nelly all making finale 💔 

Thinking Justina will be in there too. 😛 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yeah I will root for the fourth finalist if that is the scenario but it’s not an anti-Kaitlyn thing (I mean she easily becomes my second pick in that scenario) for me. Just a case of enjoying the others more! I’m pulling for an underdog victory this season as unlikely as it may be. :haha:

Only two of this top 6 have landed in the B2 for a combined three weeks (compared to last season when four of the Top 6 had been there at this point and Ally had a timeshare), so we don’t really know who’s the underdog and who’s the front runner in votes. :haha:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She’s been hinting that she wants to retire for a few seasons now. I think she was wanting to go out on a third win so she’d be the first female pro to do so, but JP got robbed and AJ didn’t live up to our expectations. :( But yeah, I definitely think this is her final season unless Witney and Lindsay are still unable to come back next year.


I think she’d make a good judge if she ever wanted to do it/if they wanted her. I mean I guess it could be argued that she’s too sane for this panel, but if she was ever open to coming back in a different capacity I’d love to see that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...