DWTS 29 Week 8 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

It's time for week 8! With a heartbreaking withdrawal, there will now only be a single elimination tonight.

Will we finally find out where "Hound Dog" fits into the equation after it was listed as Chrishell's Viennese Waltz song? :giggle: 

Edited by *Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to DWTS 29 Week 8 Discussion Thread
29 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

It's time for week 8! With a heartbreaking withdrawal, there will now only be a single elimination tonight.

Will we finally find out where "Hound Dog" fits into the equation after it was listed as Chrishell's Viennese Waltz song? :giggle: 

Lmaoo yeah I am curious how and if "Hound Dog" comes into play. :lmao: 

14 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They should’ve just kept it as a double elimination tbh.

I’m ready for half this cast to gtfo. 

I think the single elimination works in fine numbers-wise, and doesn't really change the schedule going forward. Still thinking the actual double elimin will come on the semi final now.

28 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I think the single elimination works in fine numbers-wise, and doesn't really change the schedule going forward. Still thinking the actual double elimin will come on the semi final now.

I guess they didn’t want to adjust the planned numbers next week, but keeping the double elimination alongside Jeannie’s WD would’ve saved them from having to do a double elimination later on when there’s less people. :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I guess they didn’t want to adjust the planned numbers next week, but keeping the double elimination alongside Jeannie’s WD would’ve saved them from having to do a double elimination later on when there’s less people. :rofl:

this + it would mean 2 less dances next week which means less suffering for all of us!

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Ooh this is true - but it's something DWTS does. Like last year with Ray Lewis having to withdraw, the show was supposed to have a single elimination so it got cancelled. So i would think if tonight was a single elimination, there would have been no elimination at all.

It's interesting because with Strictly, they do the opposite. Someone had to withdraw last year and they carried on with the regular elimination that week. But it had their final with only 3 competitors rather than 4. So both have their ups and downs. :haha: 

1 hour ago, ungodlyhour said:

this + it would mean 2 less dances next week which means less suffering for all of us!

:lmao: 

I actually would hate losing 2 additional dances. I'd rather have 14 dances next week still rather than 12. Though the show  could get more rushed - but I love having as many dances as possible. :haha:

51 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

I would always prefer a double elimination earlier in the season than later. 

I prefer that too.

46 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Going to try and watch some of the show tonight! Although still sad after today’s news :( It won’t feel the same without Jeannie.

I feel the exact same way. :broken: 

I guess now, I don't have to worry or stress about Jeannie's safety and doing all of my voting for her, but still.... feeling sad. :broken: 

I don't even know how I'm gonna vote tonight. I do like all of the Final 8, and consider 6 of them actual favorites I have voted for regularly - but no one is a clear favorite of mine like Jeannie was. So I'm struggling on how to vote.

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I guess now, I don't have to worry or stress about Jeannie's safety and doing all of my voting for her, but still.... feeling sad. :broken: 

I feel the same. 😢 I did fear for her tonight after being in the bottom 2 last week. But of course would have still rather she had a regular elimination than the way she had to go out. 💔 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

I feel the same. 😢 I did fear for her tonight after being in the bottom 2 last week. But of course would have still rather she had a regular elimination than the way she had to go out. 💔 

Ooh yeah I definitely feared for her being in danger tonight. But yeah I would have rather her get to perform her two dances tonight and get eliminated the regular way, if she was to get eliminated. :( 

35 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

I'm so sad about Jeannie. :(

Aww Gigi. :broken: I  was thinking of you of how i would remind you to vote for Jeannie tonight but.... don't have to do that now. :( 

Was gonna watch the start of the show. But hmm looked like some of my faves were in the later half there. :haha: (Including Jeannie 😢)

Although I forgot about the relays so I guess that could take up some time in the end of the show.

Edited by *Lily