Ryan Gallagher Fan Thread

season1

1 hour ago, seamaidencora said:

The thought of him doing country scares me if I'm honest, imho quickest way for tptb to throw him under the minivan...

He should stick with Opera, I don't mind approaching it in different ways, but stick with Opera. 

Here is what I'm thinking about the rock or heavy metal suggestion.. classical music and heavy metal have a lot in common actually.. bass line as an example. Rock Opera is a thing, so I understand that suggestion. I don't think it's the right move, but rock before country if those are his choices though.  My two cents no one asked for lol 

About opera and heavy metal: FOR SURE. That's why I love Ryan. I listen mostly to a genre called symphonic metal in which the singers usually do operatic/classical vocals. 

I'm used to this style of singing in my daily basis. I really think Ryan should go for some rock ballads from Queen, at least, if he's going for rock. 

And I fully support an operatic Luke combs bop #sarcasm

Edited by SNI2

16 minutes ago, seamaidencora said:

I wish I could remember what thread it was that the other person who saw it confirmed my fears. Country is being suggested, this is not a drill!!  Anyway, Kelli loses both genres and becomes show tuney to me. She has a beautiful voice though! Listen to her and then listen to bohemian rhapsody .. I know what I mean but not how to explain it

Like she has to switch up the music to go in and out of genres almost has to preform it, which works for her cause she is stage actress. Bohemian Rhapsody you don't need to do that cause to they are similar musically, and it's just awesome song!! 

7 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Ryan was great in his KO!

I agree that Broken Vow would be a great fit for him like Voice Australia winner Harrison Craig:

And yeah no country for him. 

That is a great choice, absolutely no country I totally agree and rock I would understand but I don't think it's best Idea.. just me

Definitely not country per se. IMO he really needs to set himself apart from the masses and stick with genres he's most comfortable with. He should get Minivan's support and the casual support just by being himself, performing well. He easily represents middle America, its values, work ethic and the positive message he seems to exude is what IMO we need these days! I just listened to both Rhapsody and Harrison's Broken Vow (which I play regularly because it is inspiring performance) and agree that either of those could fit Ryan well and be a win. Something like Because We Believe or to a lesser extent Nessun Dorma from his homepage might also work. Would something like You'll Never Walk Alone work for The Voice audience? Just want him to find songs which showcase his incredible sound, pitch, etc. He could kill everyone IMO. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guyhelios said:

Definitely not country per se. IMO he really needs to set himself apart from the masses and stick with genres he's most comfortable with. He should get Minivan's support and the casual support just by being himself, performing well. He easily represents middle America, its values, work ethic and the positive message he seems to exude is what IMO we need these days! I just listened to both Rhapsody and Harrison's Broken Vow (which I play regularly because it is inspiring performance) and agree that either of those could fit Ryan well and be a win. Something like Because We Believe or to a lesser extent Nessun Dorma from his homepage might also work. Would something like You'll Never Walk Alone work for The Voice audience? Just want him to find songs which showcase his incredible sound, pitch, etc. He could kill everyone IMO. :thumbsup:

What kind of middle american values does Ryan represents, though? Considering he didn't spoke much about anything other than "my momma had COVID. Now she's recovering"? 

Edited by SNI2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, SNI2 said:

What kind of middle american values does Ryan represents, though? Considering he didn't spoke much about anything other than "my momma had COVID. Now she's recovering"? 

Formed my opinion from news articles, interviews and own observations. I recall that he was raised in MI, went to catholic school until about 5 I think, then worked in his father's construction all through high school. Spent time in Nashville and now LA. Close ties to his family which seems rare these days. Benefit concerts, has appeared humble to the core (even when he first lost) and IMO just demonstrates values which stand for our country. However, enjoy the numerous articles and videos yourself if you wish further unbiased input. Off to Macy's parade and football. Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

5 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

Formed my opinion from news articles, interviews and own observations. I recall that he was raised in MI, went to catholic school until about 5 I think, then worked in his father's construction all through high school. Spent time in Nashville and now LA. Close ties to his family which seems rare these days. Benefit concerts, has appeared humble to the core (even when he first lost) and IMO just demonstrates values which stand for our country. However, enjoy the numerous articles and videos yourself if you wish further unbiased input. Off to Macy's parade and football. Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

He was also in Ex on the Beach after stating to be a reality star because he auditioned for American Idol 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

This is from a long time ago, but his tone sounds great on this song. The chorus is gorgeous.

YESSS this is really good, go off Ryan! But if he ever sings this song, I am expecting for IDF to say

"Eh, Sawyer is better"

"Sawyer is not bothered"

Or something that will compare Sawyer's version of this song 😂

I don't care though, this song really fits him well, this song is like a perfect song to showcase his other side or something

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

YESSS this is really good, go off Ryan! But if he ever sings this song, I am expecting for IDF to say

"Eh, Sawyer is better"

"Sawyer is not bothered"

Or something that will compare Sawyer's version of this song 😂

I don't care though, this song really fits him well, this song is like a perfect song to showcase his other side or something

imo Sawyer's version was one of his weaker performances. I didn't think the song suited his tone.

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

imo Sawyer's version was one of his weaker performances. I didn't think the song suited his tone.

Technically one of his weakest but emotionally one of my favorite performances from him. But yeah Ryan is a better Technical singer so I'm expecting him to do better than Sawyer.(Though I like Sawyer's more)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

https://instagram.com/stories/ryandgallagher/2452021185250547902?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=fjqmy7ve5mpm

In his recent IG story, Ryan is singing Bohemian Rhapsody. He sounded... different here? Woah

He sounded really good on certain parts, but this song should really not be touched. Like I said in the spoilers thread, I´m pretty sure he doesn´t plan to sing it on the show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

He sounded really good on certain parts, but this song should really not be touched. Like I said in the spoilers thread, I´m pretty sure he doesn´t plan to sing it on the show.

Yeah he should not and I am certain he will not. I just hope he stays in the popera lane, or if he plans to do other genres, song like Iris will do.

Saw his cover of You Raise Me Up many years ago, and he sounded good! I think he'll do even better if he do this on The Voice as his voice improved over the year

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah he should not and I am certain he will not. I just hope he stays in the popera lane, or if he plans to do other genres, song like Iris will do.

Saw his cover of You Raise Me Up many years ago, and he sounded good! I think he'll do even better if he do this on The Voice as his voice improved over the year

Yeah, he sounded great there. If he does it on the show, he´s pretty much finale bound. 

I think his non-operatic high notes aren't as pretty as the low notes of his tone. I'm not saying he can't reach higher notes, because he can easily. I'm just saying that his tone is so beautiful on the low notes and this Bohemian Rhapsody cover showed exactly that.  I really think he shoudn't touch that song during competition. 

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

He does sound good, but this song has so many moving parts to it. To do it justice you'd need backing vocals, an orchestra imho cause I don't trust bandzilla not to eat it up, could be finale song, but we are talking BIG production and I don't think the voice has the funds 

Really want him to do Ave Maria, ( Beyonce) you raise me up.. one of those two gets him PV imho 💖

Edited by seamaidencora