Jump to content

Ryan Gallagher Fan Thread


season1
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I really wish he would stay in this pop-opera lane. Maybe a few standarts like the ones he already posted on his IG, like Queen, Elton John, maybe Adele if he's feeling bold.  

But my personal wish is that he would do "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed. It's rock and piano, just his lane, but at the same time, Pavarotti has a version of this song and even Susan Boyle. So, it's a rock-opera, perfect for his vocals. 

Going for country will be suicide is this particular case. 

 

14 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

Do they follow the song suggestions on the app though?

Agree that going country would not be best decision IMO. He can still get minivan votes though because he is purely middle American. And as to would he see suggestions of the app, he (or someone in his stead) will clearly follow ALL feeds...maybe even IDF :rofl:

Edited by guyhelios
improperly stated one again
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

i love the rest of the competitors in the 4 way ko, but ryan's performance was really good. i was really impressed!

Nice to hear that as I recall you weren't very impressed with his blind. We may not all agree that he should win. But you can't say he doesn't deserve it if he does.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

 

I think Broken Vow can be a good song for him, or as said before, as cliché as it sounds, You Raise Me Up. Avé Maria as @seamaidencora suggested is good too!

I love Beyonce's version of that song, it's just relaxed and kinda has a storyteller vibe to it, but he can still hit those notes in it. 

 

I don't know why but ppl were saying he had no stage presence in battle, would love to see him do this version and connect with viewers.. He is so good!! He would kill it!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A solid performance by Ryan, though not yet perfect. He still got lots of work to do, and if he gets through -- hope he thrive and develop there. As a fan I'd love to see him gets better and better.

Based on the last one, it was the ending cut that bother me the most, lol. I believe he supposed to end the sustain in sync with the music, while in reality he fall short no more than a second there. Perhaps nerve gets the better of him, because on his IG video he nails it.

Hope he makes it to the Live, and if not it's all good because that performance just gave me peace, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I haven’t been in here in a bit (for obvious reasons), but I just wanted to wish Ryan’s mother the best. 🙏🥺 He was clearly affected during his battle, so I really want him to be able to rest easy and focus on the competition (assuming he goes through.) I’m sure his mom is proud of all the great things that her son is doing! 🙂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, _Saito said:

A solid performance by Ryan, though not yet perfect. He still got lots of work to do, and if he gets through -- hope he thrive and develop there. As a fan I'd love to see him gets better and better.

Based on the last one, it was the ending cut that bother me the most, lol. I believe he supposed to end the sustain in sync with the music, while in reality he fall short no more than a second there. Perhaps nerve gets the better of him, because on his IG video he nails it.

Hope he makes it to the Live, and if not it's all good because that performance just gave me peace, lol.

Completely agree with all your observations. I noticed the same with the ending drop off but still overall killed his performance :clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, seamaidencora said:

I don't know why but ppl were saying he had no stage presence in battle, would love to see him do this version and connect with viewers.. He is so good!! He would kill it!!

I've commented on this topic before in other threads I think, but his stage presence IMO was not the issue in his battle. IMO his calm, decided presentation is just his approach. If he were to bounce around and act like a jack-in-the-box, then it would probably come off as super artificial. There would then be those same ppl who would accuse him of being a fake...and they would be closer to correct in that case. 😉

 

edit: Hope he just stays himself!

Edited by guyhelios
add a comment
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What really worries me about Ryan going to the lives is the song choices. I fear he might make a poor decision after his stories suggesting country and hard rock. I hope it was just a joke.  I'm here for him singing Love of my life and Candle in the wind, like the covers in his IG. Even going for something inventive like this, but please, GOD, NO Blake Shelton or Aerosmith covers, PLEASE.  Nothing against these artists, I have both on my playlists, but I really don't think it would suit him in this competition setting.  

Edited by SNI2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SNI2 said:

What really worries me about Ryan going to the lives is the song choices. I fear he might make a poor decision after his stories suggesting country and hard rock. I hope it was just a joke.  I'm here for him singing Love of my life and Candle in the wind, like the covers in his IG. Even going for something inventive like this, but please, GOD, NO Blake Shelton or Aerosmith covers, PLEASE.  Nothing against these artists, I have both on my playlists, but I really don't think it would suit him in this competition setting.  

Agreed, I´m kind of worried for his playoffs song selection. I wouldn´t be surprised if he pulls out (or is assigned) something wacky that will get him eliminated, I would prefer him to stick to what he does best. Either way, I don´t see him doing AC/DC or Guns N Roses when he mentions rock, I see him doing that classifies as rock but perhaps is a bit more stripped down. (Please no Dream On tho). If he goes country, Goodbye Time would actually be a good song for him honestly, I could see him doing that one. 

 

I geniuenly don´t know what to expect, but hopefully he makes it past the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I know I haven’t been in here in a bit (for obvious reasons), but I just wanted to wish Ryan’s mother the best. 🙏🥺 He was clearly affected during his battle, so I really want him to be able to rest easy and focus on the competition (assuming he goes through.) I’m sure his mom is proud of all the great things that her son is doing! 

That's nince of you! I'm glad he got to explain that on the show as well as his IG live. It's scary time for all right now. I wish his mom a speedy recovery. 🙏 What @guyhelios said is true, it's kinda his style, I just hope more ppl see it as that. I mean he is singing opera in jeans and leather jacket .. I said I love Beyonce's version cause it has a relaxed feel to it, loving him on here for same reason.  💖

Edited by seamaidencora
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Agreed, I´m kind of worried for his playoffs song selection. I wouldn´t be surprised if he pulls out (or is assigned) something wacky that will get him eliminated, I would prefer him to stick to what he does best. Either way, I don´t see him doing AC/DC or Guns N Roses when he mentions rock, I see him doing that classifies as rock but perhaps is a bit more stripped down. (Please no Dream On tho). If he goes country, Goodbye Time would actually be a good song for him honestly, I could see him doing that one. 

 

I geniuenly don´t know what to expect, but hopefully he makes it past the playoffs.

Is it ever the case where a contestant can say no to something obviously wacky and do something else?

 

I still believe he should stay true to himself and not let them push him outside reality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thought of him doing country scares me if I'm honest, imho quickest way for tptb to throw him under the minivan...

 

He should stick with Opera, I don't mind approaching it in different ways, but stick with Opera. 

 

Here is what I'm thinking about the rock or heavy metal suggestion.. classical music and heavy metal have a lot in common actually.. bass line as an example. Rock Opera is a thing, so I understand that suggestion. I don't think it's the right move, but rock before country if those are his choices though.  My two cents no one asked for lol 

 

Edited by seamaidencora
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, guyhelios said:

country opera :rofl:where in the world did you hear that? not from me I hope.

I swear I read it on his IG page in the comments on one of his lives.. and I think somebody mentioned seeing  it there as well on this fourm. Country opera, this is why I have trust issues!!

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

As in Kelli O'Hara??? Not funny 😬

I wish I could remember what thread it was that the other person who saw it confirmed my fears. Country is being suggested, this is not a drill!!  Anyway, Kelli loses both genres and becomes show tuney to me. She has a beautiful voice though! Listen to her and then listen to bohemian rhapsody .. I know what I mean but not how to explain it

 

 

Edited by seamaidencora
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...