Ryan Gallagher Fan Thread

season1

42 minutes ago, CDH4 said:

This!  All of this!  They wouldn't.  None of it adds up.  The Voice could easily clarify, but they haven't.

Yup plus the events leading up to it also doesn't add  up.If it was that straightforward and true the voice would have no problem putting out a statement because they would have been right to take that action but they haven't which leads to even more speculation .I don't think ryan can speak on it fully even if he wanted to just for obvious legal reasons .It's sad and unfortunate either way considering he stayed on the show when his mother and grandmother was very sick with covid which makes it strange since he was so publicly open about his family going through covid only to be kicked off the show for breaking covid protocols allegedly. 

5 minutes ago, juls1983 said:

Yup plus the events leading up to it also doesn't add  up.If it was that straightforward and true the voice would have no problem putting out a statement because they would have been right to take that action but they haven't which leads to even more speculation .I don't think ryan can speak on it fully even if he wanted to just for obvious legal reasons .It's sad and unfortunate either way considering he stayed on the show when his mother and grandmother was very sick with covid which makes it strange since he was so publicly open about his family going through covid only to be kicked off the show for breaking covid protocols allegedly. 

That's what I also wrote.  If this was a clear violation, a statement would be written and it would be a finished issue.  The fact that it isn't makes people wonder what really happened.  Ryan won't say anything.  Legal will make sure that he will never be able to talk as I doubt he has the bankroll to fight off some sort of a NDA.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ryan makes an appearance in The Voice finale, and that is their way of solving all the issues and easing tension.  

Edited by CDH4

57 minutes ago, CDH4 said:

If Ryan broke protocols, then there's not much to say.  However, if this was what happened, The Voice would be in the right and would release an official statement.  The fact that an "anonymous" source leaked this and The Voice won't go on record with a statement tells me that there's a lot more to the story.  When America's Got Talent had issues, they always released statements.  Same with American Idol.  If legal gets its way, we will never know what else happened.

3 hours ago, juls1983 said:

I

I think that it's deeper than that though because the day before he was preparing to be on the show and then he canceled a live he had planned for the next day last minute and then that happened. Don'tthink he would be preparing the day before or go live to thank fans if he knew he wasn't going to be on the show.I don't think the person releasing the live recordings even knew because his recordings came out  his was included .I'm wondering how he was allowed to record in the studio if he had violated protocols as the rumor said .

OMG YES YOU TWO! 

Sounds like it was a last minute decision, and I wonder why would they even do such thing 😂

If that is true, there's no reason for me to watch the show anymore, it just doesn't make sense. And I've had enough of the honky tonky country dudes or average teens winning the show (I do love Carter though and I have no hate towards Brynn and Chevel, I'm just getting tired of it). Ryan brought something new this season.. yet look what he received (if ever) lol.

Don't wanna make assumptions so I'll just leave it here, I do hope Ryan or The Voice itself clear things out

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

OMG YES YOU TWO! 

Sounds like it was a last minute decision, and I wonder why would they even do such thing 😂

If that is true, there's no reason for me to watch the show anymore, it just doesn't make sense. And I've had enough of the honky tonky country dudes or average teens winning the show (I do love Carter though and I have no hate towards Brynn and Chevel, I'm just getting tired of it). Ryan brought something new this season.. yet look what he received (if ever) lol.

Don't wanna make assumptions so I'll just leave it here, I do hope Ryan or The Voice itself clear things out

Ryan would have been a game changer for the show.  He was someone who legitimately could have been huge after the show.  Michael Buble/Josh Groban has a huge market.

If Ryan ever releases anything and finds success, The Voice will be the first to invite him on the show and tout him as a "successful alumni".  That will make things even more awkward.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, seamaidencora said:

No your right, but he was tested for it and didn't have it. Someone on kelly clarkson show tested positive for covid.. she is still coach, They can't claim exposer here.  Most ppl who have  it show no symptoms anyway. Which doesn't matter cause he was tested for it and cleared.  http://Today.com › popculture › kelly... Web results Staffers at 'Kelly Clarkson Show' test positive for COVID-19 - Today Show

i think it isn't the fact that he didn't have covid. i think it was the fact that he broke covid protocols, because if he did it once (and didn't get covid), they have no guarantee that he won't do it again (and will get covid that time). also, i think it's their way of showing that they're really strict/harsh on it, as if ryan got away with it, then other contestants might try to, and that would skyrocket the chances of a contestant getting covid.

9 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i think it isn't the fact that he didn't have covid. i think it was the fact that he broke covid protocols, because if he did it once (and didn't get covid), they have no guarantee that he won't do it again (and will get covid that time). also, i think it's their way of showing that they're really strict/harsh on it, as if ryan got away with it, then other contestants might try to, and that would skyrocket the chances of a contestant getting covid.

Yeah, if Ryan broke protocol then that’s disappointing but the Voice would be justified. But, like what CDH4 said above, the Voice could have just stated that upfront and there wouldn’t be this mystery at all. Since they didn’t (maybe they are drafting something up now), it does seem even more suspicious.

I didn’t heed too much attention to this earlier in the week, but I noticed that the Voice Twitter reposted Taryn’s, Julia’s, and Larriah’s knockouts but NOT Ryan’s throughout all of last week. This kind of makes me think this wasn’t a last minute decision, and the producers were already moving for this to happen earlier in the week (without telling Ryan since he was still posting). Their reasoning for that is still unknown.

I’ll still be following him afterwards because his voice moved me so much, but yeah, this is definitely an awkward situation. 

1 minute ago, Agggron said:

Yeah, if Ryan broke protocol then that’s disappointing but the Voice would be justified. But, like what CDH4 said above, the Voice could have just stated that upfront and there wouldn’t be this mystery at all. Since they didn’t (maybe they are drafting something up now), it does seem even more suspicious.

I didn’t heed too much attention to this earlier in the week, but I noticed that the Voice Twitter reposted Taryn’s, Julia’s, and Larriah’s knockouts but NOT Ryan’s throughout all of last week. This kind of makes me think this wasn’t a last minute decision, and the producers were already moving for this to happen earlier in the week (without telling Ryan since he was still posting). Their reasoning for that is still unknown.

I’ll still be following him afterwards because his voice moved me so much, but yeah, this is definitely an awkward situation. 

i assume that the voice was protecting him, cause he would get a lot of bad press if they released that ryan did indeed did break covid protocols.

Just now, ashwinner said:

i assume that the voice was protecting him, cause he would get a lot of bad press if they released that ryan did indeed did break covid protocols.

If they were protecting him I don't think it was smart to release his recorded version of the song he was going to sing if he got through the 4 way knock out like he was still on the show .Doesnt make much sense .Plus I don't think he would post about being on the show for the results if he knew he he wouldn't be there because he had posted 2 days before that he would understand if he wasn't voted through .If he knew he was not going to be there it would make more sense to post less about being on the show.

1 hour ago, CDH4 said:

If Ryan broke protocols, then there's not much to say.  However, if this was what happened, The Voice would be in the right and would release an official statement.  The fact that an "anonymous" source leaked this and The Voice won't go on record with a statement tells me that there's a lot more to the story.  When America's Got Talent had issues, they always released statements.  Same with American Idol.  If legal gets its way, we will never know what else happened.

The Voice NEVER talks about stuff like this. After Robegate, they never issued any statements, just waited for the outrage to die down.

29 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I think it's very strange that the one contestant who publicly admitted to his mother being very sick with covid although he didn't have to and could have pulled out of the show since his mother was sick and people would understand is now forced off the show for breaking covid protocols.It seems a bit strange but that just might be me .I mean if he was dishonest he could have let people think that his family is why he had to leave and nobody would question it further but he didn't do that. 

25 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Honestly, I can't think of any TV shows legal department which protects the contestant over the show.  It's possible, but it would be very rare and against standard legal procedure.  The show never really highlighted Ryan (it was the viewers that liked him more than the producers), and I can't see them going out of their way for him.

Edited by CDH4

4 minutes ago, juls1983 said:

I think it's very strange that the one contestant who publicly admitted to his mother being very sick with covid although he didn't have to and could have pulled out of the show since his mother was sick and people would understand is now forced off the show for breaking covid protocols.It seems a bit strange but that just might be me .I mean if he was dishonest he could have let people think that his family is why he had to leave and nobody would question it further but he didn't do that. 

doesn't seem strange at all to me. if i were one of those contestants and he endangered me by breaking protocol, i would be very mad at him. him being kicked off the show is, imo, the least they could do if he broke protocol like that.

3 minutes ago, CDH4 said:

Honestly, I can't think of any TV shows legal department which protects the contestant over the show.  It's possible, but it would be very rare and against standard legal procedure.  The show never really highlighted Ryan (it was the viewers that liked him more than the producers), and I can't see them going out of their way for him.

in general, the voice tries to protect its contestants from looking bad. it montages poor performances (especially ones from popular contestants). consider lain vs. chloe. several people were mad that lain got eliminated, making kelly look bad, and making lain look good, even though he performed poorly. also, van vs. joseph, where they showed the best parts of joseph's performances and didn't show van's bad one.

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

doesn't seem strange at all to me. if i were one of those contestants and he endangered me by breaking protocol, i would be very mad at him. him being kicked off the show is, imo, the least they could do if he broke protocol like that.

in general, the voice tries to protect its contestants from looking bad. it montages poor performances (especially ones from popular contestants). consider lain vs. chloe. several people were mad that lain got eliminated, making kelly look bad, and making lain look good, even though he performed poorly. also, van vs. joseph, where they showed the best parts of joseph's performances and didn't show van's bad one.

Agreed.  However, I would just chalk this up to editing to make the best show possible.  The Voice is an optimistic show and avoids any harsh criticism.  I think in Ryan's case, it's a potential protocol breach, which is different than having a bad performance or creating an optimistic tone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I meant it's strange since he volunteered info that nobody really wants the public to know these days  for obvious reasons and probably raised suspicions of him having it himself.You would think that someone who experienced that with their family would be extra cautious .

1 minute ago, juls1983 said:

I meant it's strange since he volunteered info that nobody really wants the public to know these days  for obvious reasons and probably raised suspicions of him having it himself.You would think that someone who experienced that with their family would be extra cautious .

some people aren't as cautious. also, it honestly seems normal to me when people mention stuff like that. people love mentioning big diseases or issues in their lives so they can have a cool backstory, and with covid being such a big deal now, it makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

some people aren't as cautious. also, it honestly seems normal to me when people mention stuff like that. people love mentioning big diseases or issues in their lives so they can have a cool backstory, and with covid being such a big deal now, it makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️

Well I don't think covid isn't such a cool backstory especially with the stigma attached to it .The first thing people are going to think is if you had it or have it .It's not something you wear as a badge of honor like surving cancer or something .I'm sure that when he made that public he was tested and retested to make sure he had no exposure to it .Not sure that is cool.

45 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

50 minutes ago, CDH4 said:

I agree! Him being a favorite contestant isn’t worth endangering everyone else on set. 

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I agree! Him being a favorite contestant isn’t worth endangering everyone else on set. 

I would get that but then why did he record his song with the others in the studio.Wouldnt make sense if he was endangering everybody.Would also make sense to pull the song if he wasn't going to be on the show in order not to cause any further confusion .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roundtown said:

There's many hours between when the song was recorded and yesterday afternoon when he got kicked off for not being able to follow directions.

There are, but they posted it on Monday and he had an outfit fitting on Monday night.  If he broke protocol, why do all that?  The timetable doesn't make sense.  It would be great if a journalist did a follow up question to explain how all of this happened and when he supposedly broke protocol.  All of this is on social media, so it's not even a question of research.  A statement from The Voice would also solve this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roundtown said:

You're eliminating the most obvious thing. Something happened that came to the attention of production between Monday night and Tuesday afternoon. 

He was still in production then.  I'm ruling it out because even the most incompetent producer would not let someone join group events after breaking protocol and it's almost impossible to break protocol Tuesday since he had a live scheduled.  The only time unaccounted for is after 3 PM on Tuesday.  Until then, he was a contestant in competition and production allowed him to proceed with the group.

Edited by CDH4
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CDH4 said:

He was still in production then.  I'm ruling it out because even the most incompetent producer would not let someone join group events after breaking protocol and it's almost impossible to break protocol Tuesday since he had a live scheduled.  The only time unaccounted for is after 3 PM on Tuesday.  Until then, he was a contestant in competition and production allowed him to proceed with the group.

I'm assuming the the recordings for the live shows were done sometime after the knockouts aired last week although they were all gathered together already when the battles and knockouts were still airing .I'm also assuming that they were being tested regularly from the time they arrived .So it would make zero sense recording with someone who breached protocol and it would make even less sense releasing the recording anyway when you know they won't continue on the show. Also I don't think ryan would promise to do a live before the show knowing he wouldn't be on and people would be asking questions .Don't think he would be posting about being on the show days leading up to the show if he knew he was not going to be there .

• Like 1

LMAO. I know that it is pretty normal here on IDF to be harsh or something. But what the others are saying about Ryan is over the board anymore. He is not even stooping that low compared to Marisa, yes he may liked some tweets that were wrong or something, but he literally likes every tweets about him.

Had Ryan said anything bad? No. Do they know the REAL story? No. Do the manager of Ryan have proof? No also. BUT do the NBC have proof? No. I just don't get the hate that Ryan's receiving, and no one deserves to be treated like that much. People are attacking his attitude as if they know him personally, people attacking all about him when they don't even know him personally. I mean I get the hate that Marisa receives, because she said so. She literally was the one who stoop that down, but did Ryan already did that? No.

I won't judge until he said his side of his story. This is just so sad man

• Like 4

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

LMAO. I know that it is pretty normal here on IDF to be harsh or something. But what the others are saying about Ryan is over the board anymore. He is not even stooping that low compared to Marisa, yes he may liked some tweets that were wrong or something, but he literally likes every tweets about him.

Had Ryan said anything bad? No. Do they know the REAL story? No. Do the manager of Ryan have proof? No also. BUT do the NBC have proof? No. I just don't get the hate that Ryan's receiving, and no one deserves to be treated like that much. People are attacking his attitude as if they know him personally, people attacking all about him when they don't even know him personally. I mean I get the hate that Marisa receives, because she said so. She literally was the one who stoop that down, but did Ryan already did that? No.

I won't judge until he said his side of his story. This is just so sad man

My issue though is that he’s clearing milking the story for drama and publicity. :/

• Like 2