Charlie Mason Voice S19 Reviews and Grades

istersay

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. There are times that I don't agree with Charlie's ratings, but it does not bother me nor do I bash him for the ratings I disagree with. It's his ears, his blog, his call.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, season1 said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Charlie can have his opinion just like everyone else.

I agree on that, we all have different tastes, I don't agree with him on a lot of grades from the voice though :giggle:

5 minutes ago, season1 said:

Haha I seldom agree with him but I don't attack him for his opinions. 😄

oops, I did post a crazy gif, all in snarky fun though, haven't attacked him on his page or anything

• Like 1

I don't always agree with Charlie's ratings, and usually I just let it slide... but YIKES. Payge getting a C+ just... feels morally wrong. 🤣

In all seriousness, I usually don't see that kind of artistry on this show, and it blew me away. The poll shows that it blew everyone else away, too, because she's still in the lead at 27%. She took me to another world. Guess Charlie stayed on Earth, and that's cool and all, I GUESS lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Other than Payge I agree with him. I would've given her an A(Definitely her best performance by far)

Edit: Btw I can definitely see why Charlie graded her that low. Here's what he thinks about her performance

In the moment of truth, Payge sounded a lil’ dicey at first, but her performance was captivating. As she went on, she definitely let her freak flag fly, and hit some nice long notes. But overall, her performance felt… unperfected. Not as in she was trying to be raw and wild and unpredictable but more like “Crap, I’m not sure where to take the line after this.” It was… wobbly.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

Also in the comment section a person asked Charlie this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, Charlie, I don’t know what you were listening to, but Payge blew me away. She’s incredible and definitely the best of the night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then another person replied to that post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah, i came here to say the same thing. i was on the verge of tears by the end, and that rarely happens for me.

the grades just don’t make sense to me this time, charlie. you’re the only person i’ve seen online who didn’t *feel* everything payge put out there. just a tremendous performance, vocally *and* emotionally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is what Charlie replied

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s part of the fun of The Voice, isn’t it, that we can hear the same thing two totally different ways. I love Payge and wish I had loved that performance as much as everyone else did. But hey, this isn’t the first time I’ve been told my ears need adjusting. ;)

• Like 4

The Voice Recap: The Knockouts Put Five Singers Down for the Count — Plus, the Star Turn That Broke Kelly Clarkson

link

Team Kelly: Desz performing “Can We Talk” (Grade: A) defeated Sid Kingsley performing “Make It Rain” (Grade: A) — Sid stolen by Blake

Team Blake: Jim Ranger performing “Humble and Kind” (Grade: A) defeated Jus Jon performing “Finesse” (Grade: B-)

Team Legend: Bailey Rae performing “Let Me Down Easy” (Grade: A-) defeated Lauren Frihauf performing “Cry Baby” (Grade: A) 

Team Blake: Ian Flanigan performing “Beautiful Crazy” (Grade: B )   defeated James Pyle performing “In My Blood” (Grade: B+) 

Team Kelly: Madeline Consoer performing “Die From a Broken Heart” (Grade: A-) defeated Kelsie Watts performing “You Oughta Know” (Grade: B  |  

Team Gwen: Carter Rubin performing “You Say” (Grade: A+) defeated Chloé Hogan performing “Weak” (Grade: A-)

Okay... I think he has the opposite problem this week. He's being a little too nice.

• Jus Jon was just not a B-. No, baby, not even close.
  • I LOVE JAMES, but Ian beat him fair and square.
  • Lauren Frihauf was not an A.
  • Did I mention that Jus Jon was not a B-? Yeah? Well, I'm saying it again.

Am I missing anything? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, istersay said:

The Voice Recap: The Knockouts Put Five Singers Down for the Count — Plus, the Star Turn That Broke Kelly Clarkson

link

Team Kelly: Desz performing “Can We Talk” (Grade: A) defeated Sid Kingsley performing “Make It Rain” (Grade: A) — Sid stolen by Blake

Team Blake: Jim Ranger performing “Humble and Kind” (Grade: A) defeated Jus Jon performing “Finesse” (Grade: B-)

Team Legend: Bailey Rae performing “Let Me Down Easy” (Grade: A-) defeated Lauren Frihauf performing “Cry Baby” (Grade: A) 

Team Blake: Ian Flanigan performing “Beautiful Crazy” (Grade: B )   defeated James Pyle performing “In My Blood” (Grade: B+) 

Team Kelly: Madeline Consoer performing “Die From a Broken Heart” (Grade: A-) defeated Kelsie Watts performing “You Oughta Know” (Grade: B  |  

Team Gwen: Carter Rubin performing “You Say” (Grade: A+) defeated Chloé Hogan performing “Weak” (Grade: A-)

So he’s basically saying that everyone tonight was better than Payge (who got a C+) LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1