The Voice 19 ● Blind Auditions 1 ● Discussion

istersay

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Of all, Payge was the BEST for me tonight. Even better than Tamara and John (I was kind of disappointed in him but I think he can do better). I didn't know Payge can hit some highs too omg

Her highs were a tad shaky but with some guidance, she's gonna have a killer battle round, I can feel it.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Her highs were a tad shaky but with some guidance, she's gonna have a killer battle round, I can feel it.

Yeah, I also think she's holding it back a few times. I can see some massive potential on her on the future rounds. I am excited for her.

Anyways, am I the only one who felt like this was a pretty underwhelming start? But I definitely loved this more than Season 18

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah, I also think she's holding it back a few times. I can see some massive potential on her on the future rounds. I am excited for her.

Anyways, am I the only one who felt like this was a pretty underwhelming start? But I definitely loved this more than Season 18

No, that seems to be a semi-popular opinion; it wasn't the strongest start the show's ever had, but it's more interesting than last season's (for me, anyway).

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

agreed, i put her closer to the bottom of my list because there were tons of solid performances that didn't miss/struggle with notes like payge seemed to with her high notes. i know she hit them, but they were very thin high notes, so if she's to rely on it, i'd prefer that she tries to have more solid high notes. otherwise, i think her sticking to her (extremely impressivelow register would be great for me!

not sure if we have a thread for this but posting my rather unpopular rankings:

Lauren - 9.5

Marisa - 9.25

Tamara - 9

Jim - 9

Eli - 8.75

Payge - 8.75

John - 8.5

Ian - 8.5

Joseph - 7

Just wanted to share my general thoughts on the premiere here if that’s ok lol

Tamara - we knew she slayed a couple of days ago duh. Queen. Stan Tamara

Lauren - Out of everyone in this lineup she was the one I was the most excited to see audition tonight, and she did not dissapoint. She hit some amazing notes. She was def raw and slightly unpolished but I love her voice and vibe!

Joseph - I was actually very please try surprised with his audition. It was cool and his voice was great imo.

Ian - That toneeeee omg! He can be a serious threat and honestly I had 100% thought of him gone before the live shows....but I think he can go rlly far.

Jim - At first I was bored...I was like THIS is the guy everyone is stanning? But halfway he completely changed it up and I was shook...he did amazing towards the end and he just seems like such a great guy.

Eli - So dramatic and interesting! Didn’t know he was an opera singer but his voice is amazing

Payge - What. A. Performance. She brought it! It was so different and it had such a cool vibe! Definitely one of the most interesting contestants this season imo.

Marisa - She started off and it was a little boring for me but it was in one of her choruses that I was like okay! Amazing! She deserved those 3 chairs 100% after that ending!

John H. - Wow, just wow. I chose not to hear him after knowing for a while he would audition in order to keep it as a surprise and it did not dissapoint! He has such a unique tone and it’s impressive. His audition was magical. I wish we would’ve seen more of him performing but just listening to him was amazing!

way better than last season’s premiere! Idk if it’s my excitement for a new season of the voice after waiting for such a long time but I loved this premiere

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 2

I really liked Tamara Jade, Ian Flanigan, Jim Ranger, Eli Zamora, Payge Turner, Marisa Corvo, and John Holiday. I hope Eli Zamora does more than just Spanish songs though so I can like him more. I don't agree with Blake Shelton that Ian Flanigan sounds like Joe Cocker though.

Lauren Frihauf's performance wasn't anything special to me in my opinion.

I didn't really like Joseph Soul that much. He has a good voice. That performance of his just wasn't doing it for me in my opinion.

So my ranking of last night's blind auditions would go like this (Best to least best)

1. Tamara Judge

2. Jim Ranger

3. John Holiday

4. Ian Flanigan

5. Marisa Corvo

6. Payge Turner

7. Lauren Frihauf

8. Joseph Soul

Edited by anticoronaperson

Also, I think Gwen Stefani is just okay as a coach in my opinion. She still hasn't won yet as a coach on The Voice and this is her fifth time being a coach on The Voice. I mean she has probably learned from her past as a coach and will really give it her all in picking the best contestants for her team and really giving her the best advice. I just feel in my opinion that Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, and Blake Shelton are much better and more experienced coaches on The Voice than Gwen Stefani is. But maybe Gwen Stefani will prove us wrong this season and she will be a really great coach and maybe this season will be the first season she wins with a contestant on her team. She is still an amazing and entertaining singer though with a great voice. I just don't think she's that great as a coach yet.

Watching the first episode of the voice. The only person that stood out to me was the girl who sang Pink. When she hit those high notes at the end I was like damn.  There was some opera singers that don't appeal to me and some basic white men who always choose Blake and make the finale despite having limited talent. Some of the other girls on the premiere had potential but need a lot of coaching or just weren't ready yet.

Now onto episode 2!

Edited by QueenKalie