.Rei

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I didn't think any of these were your favorites. :dead:

On 1/3/2020 at 12:43 AM, .Rei said:

REI

IPB Image
IPB Image
Well I'm finishing this rankdown now and number one will be forever a mystery 🙂

Tyranitar is one of favorite Pokemon from all time. It is in my top 3 Pokemon and there are a lot of times when I think is number one, depending on my mood. I'm a sucker for pseudo-legendaries and Tyranitar is just the best of them. Tyranitar >>>> All of them. Tyranitar stands out in the pseudo group as only one of the two Pokemon that is not a dragon type, the other one being Metagross who I love too. Tyranitar is a pseudo legendary with the dark type which is my favorite type so it's only fitting that he is my favorite one. Tyranitar line is perfect, starting with the adorable Larvitar, the cool Pupitar and finishing with the badass Tyranitar. Tyranitar is a dinosaur like Pokemon whose design is just perfect. My main problem with the designs over time is that sometimes Game Freak put just too much stuff while designing Pokemon, so I appreciate simple designs that just don't need all the unncesary gimmicks and still look great. By looking at Tyranitar you just can tell that he is a badass and a Pokemon that you shouldn't be messing with. Tyranitar like all pseudo legendaries has a total of 600 BST with attack having 134. Tyranitar moveset just take advantage of that 134 attack points with moves that Tyranitar is able to learn while leveling up like Crunch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Trash, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. You don't really need any TM cause Tyranitar will just learn whatever he needs to destroy your opponent. Not convinced? Tyranitar has also a mega evolution when using the Tyranitarine, which will increase his BST to 700 just in case you need a little more power. Mega Tyranitar also looks pretty cool. Tyranitar is weak to Fighting, Ground, Bug, Steel, Water, Grass and Fairy, is resistant to Normal, Flying, Poison, Ghost, Fire and Dark, and immune to Psychic. But who cares? Tyranitar in immune to all of your wrong opinions and is Resistant to all your wrong rankings 😘 . I first encountered Tyranitar when I played Pokemon Gold like a billion year ago and I last encountered Tyranitar a few minutes ago when I turned my switch on and played Shield, and I can honestly say my love for Tyranitar is still the same :wub: . I love Tyranitar and whoever ranked it below #1 should be ashamed 😘

Since this rankdown is now over I want to thank every ranker who played this and see you next time 🙂
My ranking: 1/20

Toxapex

Toxapex is feeling glum, so how about some nice words for the - /vp/ -  Pokemon - 4archive.org

Oh dang! Someone put Toxapex in an animation program! I need to investigate that eventually. 😮  Anyways, Toxapex isn't a major favorite of mine, but I'm certainly open to letting them become a favorite. They're the natural predator of Corsola, evolving from Mareanie at level 38. I just looked and apparently even Mareanie only appears in addition to Corsola, which I suppose makes sense. I wonder if they target Corsola like Zangoose and Seviper attack each other. Anyways, Toxapex has great defenses, but decent or below average other stats. Toxapex could make for a really good tank - it's got moves that increase its defense and poisoning moves so it could be pretty useful in battles, I think. Toxapex is based on the crown-of-thorns starfish, which targets the irl Corsola. Toxapex combines toxic and apex (as in apex predator), and its Japanese name, Dohidoide, combines dohidoi (very cruel) and hitode (sea star). Sorry to fans of Toxapex, but congrats to them for lasting this deep into the game.

Saving PokeMon Memes — Quick Repost, since I love this gif and I think...

Aegislash

250px-681Aegislash.png

I think this placement is an improvement over last year so we love that journey for my little ghost sword and shield. Aegislash is amazing imo, I love the design (I'm a sucker for a lot of the inanimate object pokemon, Aegislash and Chandelure as my Top 2 fave ghost pokemon) and I think it's a better direction than looking at the same irl animals and trying to get different results (tho we got a better elephant pokemon out of that so maybe I'm judging to harshly). But where Aegislash truly shines is in combat. This thing can SHRED anyone. With great stats that you can redistribute thanks to it's ability and it's signature move King's Shield, it has versatility for days. You can play this fully defensive, fully aggresive, or mixed and they can all yield great results. While Gen VI games are really bad (they provide no challenge and the story doesn't do enough to make up for that) I feel like they introduced a lot of pokemon that I enjoy using a lot, and Aegislash is among them. But it's against my #2 so the choice was easy.

Save. Tyranitar

On 3/31/2021 at 4:11 PM, NGM said:

250px-144Articuno.png

Yes I'm recycling myself this time so I can't be knocked for it

In case I have to actually write 100 words I will do it since I like Articuno but I like 3 of the remaining pokemon more so i'm gonna take the option to sacrifice it so at least 2 of those make it thru. Articuno is really pretty, and one of the only exceptions to still be viable as a tanky ice pokemon. Does this mean it's good competitively? No, but if you are that desperate to use a defensive ice pokemon, Articuno is probably your best bet. Stone Edge will still shred you, but you can probably balance it somewhat with the rest of your team. 

Save Arcanine