Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Froakie

Froakie cannot get a break! | Pokemon, Pokemon kalos, Pokemon gif

Oof, this set of noms killed me lmao. Froakie is the only one left that I'm not a super big fan of so sadly they're an easy choice for me. Froakie is Gen VI's water type starter that evolves into Frogadier and later Greninja. I know Greninja in particular is really popular in the fandom, and I like this evolution line as well, but Fennekin was always my Gen VI choice so I don't have quite the same level of attachment. Froakie is still a really good Pokemon regardless. Right away, Froakie has pretty good speed and special attack stats (which only get better as it evolves). Froakie's influences include the Tungara frog and the grey foam-nest tree frog with the foam around its neck. Their English name comes from frog, croak, froth, and rookie, while their Japanese name, Keromatsu, comes from kerokero, the onomatopoeia for a frog's croaking, and matsu (bubble/foam) or himatsu (spray/splash). Overall, Froakie is pretty cool, but I only like them, whereas I love all the other noms so sorry to Froakie and fans!

Saving  Snom Pokemon GIF - Snom Pokemon Knife - Discover & Share GIFs

Litten
250px-725Litten.png

I'm not a huge fan of the Alola starters (they are fine, just not personal faves), and Litten is probably my least favorite line out of them so this cut is the easiest one for me. It's the fire starter of Gen VII, and it ends up evolving into Torracat and later on into Incineroar. I think Torracat might be my favorite of the line but I'm pretty indiferent to all of them. It's a fairly solid mixed attacker for early game, and it has enough base speed to make quick work of a lot of their opponents. Beyond that it has a decent movepool and access to Intimidate as its hidden ability which is pretty nice. Again, nice pokemon, but not a personal fave so pretty much that ig.

Save: Mimikyu

GRIMMSNARL

0d64fb768bd56c4c75f39f3bb094da17.png

Classified as the Bulk Up Pokémon, Grimmsnarl is a dual Dark and Fairy type introduced in Gen VIII. Grimmsnarl is the final evolution form of Impidimp. Impidimp evolves into Morgrem at level 32, and then Morgrem evolves into Grimmsnarl at level 42. Grimmsnarl is a humanoid Pokémon that resembles an ogre, goblin, or troll. Its name may have been inspired by the Brothers Grimm too. According to the Pokédex, Grimmsnarl’s hairs work like muscle fibers, and it can sprout more hair to increase its strength. A Gigantamax Grimmsnarl can even jump over the world’s tallest building. As for battles, Grimmsnarl is notable for its unique typing. No other Pokémon outside Grimmsnarl’s evolution line has the Dark/Fairy typing. Grimmsnarl has a high Attack stat with only weaknesses in Fairy and Steel, so it’ll be a useful Pokémon on any team. Unfortunately, it’s not a Pokémon I’m attached to, so sorry to any fans for its elimination.

Saving Roserade.

PSTXJUc.gif

Edited by Steven_

Cursola

cursola Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

Cursola is a great pokemon.  Its the new evolution of the Galarian Corsola that was introduced in Generation 8.  Its a ghost type pokemon and it resembles the dead coral reefs.  Its truly an interesting pokemon.  I do like it more then Larvesta, but I know that is one of Haydens favorites, so I am cutting it for him.  Poor Gen 8, my apologies!  Its got the weak armor a nd perish body abilities. Cursola is a solid special defensive pokemon for a team, with a BST of 130.  It also has a great special attack at 145.  Cursola benefits from a trick room set up as its ridiculously slow.  I would def use one on a team.

Save: Larvesta

Edited by Solaris

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 12 Posted (Fourth Battle Posted, Megan's Noms Next)
2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

decisive victory.  Can you tell us why I had to use my starter? 

Cause the second simulator doesn't include the Alolan variants.

The opposite happened to Nico as he could only use Honedge in the second battle.