Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Galarian Zigzagoon

Unova Defense Squad — Galarian Zigzagoon/Linoone and their new...

I have a soft spot for Zigzagoon, or as I like to call it, Zigazoon. The original Hoenn version has already been cut from the game, but the Galarian version is still standing. I love how goofy the Galarian version looks, but I'm not sure about the choice to make the whole line have their tongue out permanently lol. Pretty sure badger don't do that in real life sooooo yeah. But I think the Galarian design is pretty cool with the colors, and I love the new idea to have regional forms evolve into new Pokemon. Galarian Zigazoon gets a new second evolution! The other difference between this and the Hoenn version is that the Galarian version adds a dark type. Not my favorite regional typing, as you might have guessed from my Alolan Muk and Alolan Meowth write-ups. Also because in Hoenn, Zigazoon is found commonly with Poochyena, a dark type, so it seems like this is just mixing those two common Pokemon together. Also I don't really like mixing Normal type with any other type at all. Anyway, Galarian Zigazoon is kinda cute but his time is up. I believe the last one left in our game of the entire line including Hoenn is Obstagoon. So we'll see if Obstagoon has staying power here or if losing Zigazoon will put a target on Obstagoon's back.

Seviper

Seviper | Smogon Forums

Seviper is a poison-type Pokemon from Gen III that doesn't evolve. It's a snake with a knife for a tail and purple scars all over its body. Something about this Pokemon has always been reminiscent of Arbok to me. Probably because the coloring is very similar and the typing is the same and also its a snake lol. I feel like they should have done way more with the design and type to make Seviper a distinct and interesting Pokemon. However, its main concept is that it is the counterpart to Zangoose, another Gen III Pokemon that doesn't evolve. Inspired by the real life ability of mongoose who can kill venomous cobras, Seviper and Zangoose are two Pokemon with an ongoing "feud" against each other. They are both covered in 

Zangoose

Unusual (fooled you) Set of the Day - What-If Week: Cut Zangoose (Day 17) |  Pokémon Amino

scars from each other apparently, which is kind of weird because the scars are part of their design and they are born with them lol. Zangoose has red scars to contrast its white fur. Zangoose is called a "cat ferret" Pokemon. Just say talk mongoose. Anyway, just like how Seviper reminds me of Arbok, Zangoose reminds me of Sneasel. Both have claws like Wolverine from X-Men. I was always just underwhelmed with how the game handled these two Pokemon and their relationship. I do think Zangoose's ability, Immunity, is cool because it means it can't be poisoned and that makes sense with the lore. But you know what else is immune to poison? Steel type. Make Zangoose steel! And then make Seviper ground/poison or something so they each have a slight type advantage over the other. Or make them have baby forms... like a baby Zangoose that only evolves after battling a Seviper or something. Or give them some ability so that when you use them together in a doubles battle there's some crazy advantage. Hopefully I didn't anger anyone too greatly with these noms because I have no Safari Balls left lol

• Sad 1

Charmeleon

CgIn.gif

I have waited FAR too long to finally get the chance to cut a member of this overrated starter line. I just want to credit my obnoxious self for nominating all Gen 1 Pokémon and allowing this masterpiece of an elimination to occur. Charmeleon is the worst Gen 1 starter design, by far. :yes: It literally has no redeeming qualities. It’s not cute, it has a weird design, and it’s overrated just because of it’s even more overrated evolution (I’ll make sure to cut that one later, unfortunately it’s off the hook for now.) 😒 I’m also not really a fan of Charmeleon’s dark red color, it’s just not really appealing, especially compared to the rest of the designs in the starter line. 

While I was annoyed people were stealing my balls, I have decided to be nice and not nominate the grossest set of nominations ever, as a sign of good faith.  No ones favorites are in here (I think), so let me cut most of them please as a gesture that we aren't just saving our balls for Gen 1 pokemon.

Venusaur

Ekans

Sandslash

Wigglytuff

Persian

Golduck

Kadabra

Dodrio

Cloyster

Exeggutor

Rhyhorn

Electabuzz

Kabuto

Anorith

5455e59f13be4c62d3aa427a9f9053b48c8258a4

It’s a shame that I was forced to nominate this Gen 3 Pokemon, but it is a small price to pay for the general greatness that I achieved with my nominations. 😁 Anorith is one of the fossil Pokémon in Gen 3, a Pokémon Gen that I hold dear to my heart (whoever thought of nominating a Gen 3 Pokémon as a replacement made a good decision. 👍) As many of you know, I’m not a huge fan of rock types, but since Anorith is a fossil, it gets a pass from me. ☺️ Overall, the design is very cute, but I can see how it could be considered creepy with its big almost detached eyes. 😅 

Sola's Nominations:

Venusaur - (Saved)

Ekans

Sandslash

Wigglytuff

Persian

Golduck

Kadabra

Dodrio

Cloyster

Exeggutor

Rhyhorn

Electabuzz

Kabuto

Safari Balls left:

Nico - 4

Steven - 4

Hayden - 4

Sola - 4

Victoria - 3

Megan - 3

Bk - 2

Derek - 0

3 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I’ll laugh if Sola wins the cycle after all this haha 

i wont win the cycle. O_o  The fact that there are 12 remaining Gen 1 pokemon vulnerable means they have a higher likelihood of being saved next to any other gen of pokemon.  But I did pick ones specific that can go and no one should be upset with leaving.

Edited by Solaris