Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

On 3/16/2021 at 6:15 PM, totes4totes said:

giphy.gif

Glaceon

I like all the Eeveelutions but of this set of noms, Glaceon was the clear cut choice for me. It was just a tough set and Ice has never really been a type I've resonated with strongly. Though I think the design is cute. But also, Glaceon was SUSPICIOUSLY difficult to put together in the puzzle Dee gave me. So I was at an impasse. But Yah. Glaceon was introduced in Gen IV because people were like "Where is Leafeon" since basically Gen I and so they introduced Leafeon and Glaceon at the same time. Originally you had to evolve Glaceon near Ice Rock but finally in Gen VIII they were like "here's an ice stone. Now you can evolve an Eevee into Glaceon and we don't need a rock."

Anyway, it's clearly the first Eeveelution that should be eliminated so I'm doing that.

Recycling it bc we love that being part of our everyday life

Save: Toxapex

• Like 1

Torchic

Spr_3e_255.png

This is a cut I went back and forth on because I see other peoples favorites on there and I wanted to give them a chance to save them. I originally cut Snom, but I'm pretty sure @hayden98 likes it so I switched my cut. I also left Glaceon and Leafeon alone for @Bk1234 and @Solaris. I left Toxapex alone for @NGM. I'M SUCH A GOOD PERSON. 😢 After dwindling it down, Torchic was the odd Pokémon out. :( Torchic is known as the Chick Pokémon. It's so small and cute that I feel bad for cutting it, but with these set of nominations it's the cut I feel the most comfortable with without cutting a favorite of someone else's. Torchic is a Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Generation III. I think @totes4totes secretly loves Gen III which is why she shows it so much love. It's a just a theory. :giggle:It evolves into Combusken starting at level 16 which evolves into Blaziken starting at level 36. Torchic along with Treecko and Mudkip are one of three starter Pokémon of Hoenn available at the beginning of Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Torchic is a small, chick Pokémon with stubby, downy, yellow wings. Its body is covered with orange feathers. Torchic even makes an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Torchic is the lightest Fire-type Pokémon and pending a revival is out of this rankdown. :( 

Save: Ludicolo

Swampert

wattpad #fanfic Izuku será hijo de los Waterhouse y su hermano es Kouta y  Izuku no será molestado, ya que el tiene un quirk y … | Pokemon, Imagens de  pokemons, Cdz

Swampert is the final evolution of the Mudkip line, which was a hoenn starter.  In gen 3 Mudkip turned into MArshtomp which turned into Swampert at level 36.  Swampert is a great typing, with Water and Ground.  Swampert is the mudfish pokemon and like most water starters has torrent ability.  Its hidden ability isnt all that interesting, but its mega ability swift swim sure is. It makes it a solid pokemon as in rain that mofo is fast.  But also Swampert and especially mega swampert hits like a truck.  Its typing makes it immunie to electricity, at the cost of being 4 times weak to grass as its only weakness.  Its got 4 resistances too.  Its a solid pokemon, I prefer Sceptile though.

Save: Leafeon

Galarian Rapidash

̗̀starlight ̖́- — ✨ Galarian Rapidash stimboard ✨ Credit: [x][x][x]...

I legit have no clue why my reading skills are as awful as they are lol. Galarian Rapidash is an icon. The original Rapidash is already pretty great imo, and this regional variant only makes them better. They are a dual psychic and fairy type. While Galarian Rapidash changes types from its Kantonian relative, its stats remain entirely unchanged. Another thing that both Rapidashes have going for them are pretty stellar shinies. Kanto's Rapidash gets grey flames (Ponyta's blue flames are better, but the grey is still nice), and Galar's Rapidash swaps its purple mane/tail for a blonde color that complements the teal imo. This variant of Rapidash clearly takes the unicorn inspiration to the next level. Rapidash's name is pretty easy to decode as a combination of rapid and dash, while it's original Japanese name is literally Gallop. One more name that I just noticed is the Cantonese/Mandarin Chinese names, Lihtihmmah/Lieyanma, both of which translate to "horse of roaring flames". I'm pretty psyched that Galarian Rapidash was able to last this long. And they still have Galarian Ponyta representing the line.

Saving Snom

Kyogre

FrayedScaryIsabellinewheatear-small.gif

Ah, this was a tough one for me since I like both Pokemon. However, I know bug Pokemon are pretty scare in this rankdown so it meant sense to save one of the best bug Pokemon out there. Now, let's focus on Kyogre, who's name has probably been pronounced many different ways since it was revealed. I say "Kiohger" but who knows if that is right. Now, I was always Team Sapphire over Team Ruby, so I hope Groudon has already been cut so Kyogre can place higher (Kyogre is also WAY better than Rayquaza - one of the most overrated Pokemon ever - so I hope it placed higher than that thing.) Now, I love Kyogre's design. It has a great whale design (way better than Wailord) and its blue color is stunning. It also has a primal form which I just have to mention, the animation for that whole transformation sequence + the ability took SO long in Alpha Sapphire lol. Anyway, while this isn't the ideal cut, I'm happy to keep another bug Pokemon around.

Save: Ribombee

• Like 1

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 12 Posted (Fifth Battle Posted, Sola's Noms Next)

Sorry its getting tough, I tried to go based on deals that are in place, but still keep peoples absolute favorites safe.  

Articuno

Bayleef

Cyndaquil

Dragonair

Entei

Ho-oh

Ivysaur

Kangashan

Lugia

Meganium

Moltres

Poliwhirl