Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Hitmonchan

the punchy pokemon hitmonchan gif | WiffleGif

lol poor Pikachu! Hitmonchan is one of Tyrogue’s evolutions, evolving at level 20 if its defense is higher than its offense. In its debut, you have the choice between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee after defeating Saffron City’s Fighting Dojo. My personal instinct would be to choose Hitmonlee due to its slightly less humanoid appearance, but Hitmonchan has access to moves like Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch, which is pretty useful. Hitmonchan’s name contains a reference to Jackie Chan. In general, I suppose Hitmonchan would be preferable to many fighting type Pokémon for me, but it also is still a bit too humanoid for my liking so I have no issue with it being cut.

Forretress

Download STL file forretress • 3D printable model ・ Cults

I’m 90% certain that Forretress is the first bug I’ve cut this entire Rankdown (if I’ve cut another bug, I have blocked it from my memory). Forretress is a dual bug and steel type Pokémon that is the evolved form of Pineco. As far as its origin goes, Forretress is based on the bagworm, while also potentially having influences from things such as walnuts, clams, and cannons. As far as bagworm-based Pokémon go, I personally prefer Burmy’s line. Forretress seems like it’d be a decent tank, but it does suffer from one glaring problem: its typing leaves it extremely weak to fire type attacks. On top of that, its special defense is middling, so one flamethrower will almost certainly down it unless it has sturdy as an ability.

Hariyama

Let's have a little fun, shall we? — Hala and Hariyama unleash All-Out  Pummeling.

Hariyama was first introduced during Gen III, and is the evolved form of Makuhita. It is based on a sumo wrestler. Hariyama has the distinction of having the highest base hit point value of all fighting type Pokémon and also has pretty great attack stats. Unfortunately, the rest of its stats are pretty mediocre. Being a fighting type, most of the moves that it learns are its own type, though Hariyama is capable of learning moves like Brine, Knock Off, and Heavy Slam. It also is the only Pokémon that can naturally learn the move Smelling Salts (it can pass on this move to a variety of Pokémon through breeding).

Whiscash

Pokémon by Review: #339 - #340: Barboach & Whiscash

Whiscash was very unfortunate in its debut generation imo. As a huge fan of Swampert, Whiscash had no hope of being able to compete. Like Swampert, Whiscash is a dual water and ground type Pokémon that evolves from Barboach once it reaches level 30. In addition to stab moves, Whiscash is able to naturally learn moves that are normal, poison, and psychic type. It is theorized to be based on the Namazu, which is a mythological catfish that causes earthquakes. I do have to admit that despite never having really used Whiscash, I do feel a faint fondness for it looking at its dopey face. That’s not enough unfortunately, and now we say goodbye to Whiscash.

37 minutes ago, hayden98 said:

^That's awesome! :hug: If you want to battle another one soon, feel free to send me an invite!

I'll check tomorrow again and let you know cause it's already 10pm here and raids somehow doesn't happen during the night 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hayden98 said:

I’m 90% certain that Forretress is the first bug I’ve cut this entire Rankdown (if I’ve cut another bug, I have blocked it from my memory). 

On 12/10/2020 at 6:36 PM, hayden98 said:

Escavalier

RTTP: The Pokemon. All 721 of them, and counting. | NeoGAF

Wow, Hayden actually cutting a bug? No way! I'm mostly doing this in a feeble attempt to complete this cycle's challenge (still lacking like 3 different types though rip). So, Escavalier is the evolution of Karrablast, which you achieve when trading one for a Shelmet, which will then also evolve into its evolution, Accelgor. I've actually never used Escavalier, but stat wise, it looks pretty decent. It's attack and defenses are pretty good, and really only its speed is abysmal. Sorry if there are any big fans of Escavalier out there, but I had to cut a bug and this guy drew the short end of the stick.

:giggle:

• Like 1

Sola's Nominations:

Venusaur - (Saved)

Ekans

Sandslash - (Saved)

Wigglytuff - (Saved)

Persian - (Saved)

Golduck - (Saved)

Kadabra - (Saved)

Dodrio

Cloyster