Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Poipole

Poipole Pokemon GIF - Poipole Pokemon PokemonSpecies - Discover & Share GIFs

Poipole is a small Ultra Beast that is poison type. I know Dee hates Ultra Beasts so I'm sure he was thrilled when this lost the battle. Poipole is vaguely cute if you squint. It's the only Ultra Beast that evolves. The problem with Poipole is that its evolution is one of the most monstrous horrifying designs in the whole series. Nagandel has a scary hypodermic needle butt that makes Beedrill look like the most cuddly Pokemon to exist. At least it gains a dragon type when it evolves, which is pretty cool. But the Skrelp line is the far superior dragon/poison type combo. In the Ultra Beast universe, Poipole is a starter Pokemon apparently.

• Thanks 1

Tapu Fini

Tapu Fini (Revamp) | Smogon Forums

This is a Gen 7 pokemon form the Alola region.  Tapu Fini was a pokemon I voted against eliminating.  Its my favorite of the Tapu Line, and it doesn't even get to be the last one standing.  Tapu Fini has find great use in competitive play, especially in Gen 8 with its release in the DLC.  Its great two great defensive typings in Water and Fairy.  This dual typing only makes it weak to grass and electric.  It is resistant to 6 typings and immune to dragon.  Tapu Fini has solid defensive bulk, and decent everything else.  It makes for a great screen setter, and a solid debuffer with the likes of Muddy Water and Scald available to it.  Its real strength is setting the misty terrain when its sent to the field with its ability Misty surge.   All in all, a great pokemon and the second most used pokemon currently in competitive play in SwSh.

• Thanks 1

Morgrem

Morgrem (Pokémon SwSh) Stimboard!!! Lots of Neon...

Morgrem is the middle evolution of the Impidimp line. It is Dark and Fairy type, which is a cool combo. The only line with that typing. Kind of like Owlett, the middle evolution is an emo design with a hair swoop. I don't ming the Impidimp line, but as you all know I'm not a big fan of the majority of middle evolutions so I don't feel bad about Morgrem leaving, especially since the other evolutions are still in the game. Perhaps Dee felt the same way when he offered Morgrem up for possible elimination. Perhaps Dee just dislikes the design/Pokemon regardless. Apparently its ponytail hair thing is a spear that it stabs people with. Scary.

• Sad 2

Sinistea

LF: Square Shiny Sinistea FT: Marshadow, Shiny Celebi | Pokémon Sword and  Shield ™ Amino

Sinistea is a little ghost type from Gen VIII. It's a haunted cup of tea. Lol I'm getting the feeling that Dee is not a big fan of this line, considering his opinions on Litwick and the ice cream Pokemon etc. These random object Pokemon can be hit or miss for me. I don't mind Sinistea all that much. But I do think it's evolution is superior, so this seems like a fair cut to make. Sinistea is a base form, and it evolves into Polteageist. Maybe the fact that the eyeballs are on the cup is why I don't really care much about Sinistea. Polteageist looks like a ghost is a tea kettle, while Sinistea just looks like a cup. There are two forms of Sinistea, Antique and Phony. They require slightly different items to evolve. Ugh just reading the Pokedex for this is kinda eyeroll-worthy. "This Pokémon is said to have been born when a lonely spirit possessed a cold, leftover cup of tea." Like how is that a Pokemon lol

• Thanks 1

Eiscue

Eiscue | Pokémon Sword and Shield | Know Your Meme

Eiscue is an Ice-type Pokemon from Gen VIII that doesn't evolve, but it has two forms: Ice Face and Noice Face. It uses its weird dangly hair to catch food or something. It's exclusive to either Sword or Shield, I forget which. I've personally been gunning for Eiscue but I wasn't allowed to nominate it this cycle because I had nominated it before. Thank you Dee. I just think it looks so stupid. And we already have Piplup and Delibird, why did we need another worse penguin??? Hmmm I guess maybe it's based off of a Great Auk and not necessarily a penguin. But in the game it's called a "Penguin" Pokemon, so that argument fails, doesn't it? Apparently it learns Surf as a level up move. Which is weird because it's not Water type soooooo why? Imagine leveling up your Eiscue all the way to level 54 and it tries to learn Surf, when you could already teach it Surf via TR. lol bye

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Thanks 1

Runerigus

shiny runerigus | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Runerigus is a ground and ghost pokemon from Gen 8.  It is to galarian yamask what Cofagrigus is to yamask.  It is a rune pokemon that evolves from galarian yamask.  Its got a stupid, convoluted way of evolving. You have to have it down at least 49 hit points, and then run it under a stone arch in the wild area.  Only then will it evolve into Runerigus.  So you need to have at least 50 hit points on it before you can consider evolving it.  Even then thats dangerous as it would be left with only 1 hit point.  Its a solid pokemon overall though, if you go through the hassle of acquiring one.  Its got 3 immunities under its belt, as well as  resistances and a solid set of stats.  

Edited by Solaris
  • Thanks 1

Professor Rei Announcement: Cycle 4 Results

7b69c555c1ea0033ce69ea59ac37a75b.png

BADGES

The winner of this cycle's Badge is @totes4totes. She won the most number of single battles with 11 out of 12.

She receives the Zephyr Badge and 1000Pkd.png.

uTbucTB.pngZephyr_Badge.png

TITLES

After cutting 20% of the Poison Pokemon, @Solaris earns the Punk Boy Title and 1000Pkd.png.

0fUHITf.png90px-GO_Punk_Girl_Gold_Medal.png

Punk Girl/Boy Title: 15 Cuts Needed (27 Poison Pokemon Left)

Solaris - 16/15

Bk1234 - 8/15

Steven_ - 5/15

Dee - 4/15

NGM - 4/15

hayden98 - 4/15

totes4totes - 2/15

1234567890 - 2/15

Froglenzen - 2/15

POKEDOLLARS 

After successfully finishing they cycle, every ranker receives 300Pkd.png.

POKEMART IS NOW OPEN!  EVERYBODY IS FREE TO BUY ITEMS IF THEY WISH.

MAX REVIVES  ARE ALSO AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE AND USE TO REVIVE THE CYCLE 4  POKEMON CUT BEFORE THEY ARE GONE FOR GOOD! 

AFTER EVERYBODY HAS POSTED THEIR DECISIONS OR 24 HOURS HAVE PASSED, WE WILL CONTINUE WITH CYCLE 5!

REMEMBER THAT ALL OF THE IMMUNITIES EXPIRED THIS CYCLE!

NEW ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE POKEMART!

@1234567890 @Deeee @Solaris @NGM @totes4totes @Bk1234 @FrogLenzen @Steven_@hayden98

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 4 (Results and PokeMart Open)