The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Harmat said:

Pia had a severe allergic reaction and she had to go to the hospital. 
She was on vocal rest the day they were recording semifinal studios.

That woman is a freakin' trooper and I have immense respect for her for everything she has gone through during this show.

She’s so strong. Women Power!!!! YESSIRRR

The way I see it, sans a mass audience change (which will possibly come with Ariana next season, but I’m skeptical), the most I can do is congratulate Jordan on a good performance and moving on before immediately getting to work trying to strategize what could be done to shake things up so there’s a significantly reduced amount of systemic barriers for nonwhite female artists who enter into the audition process for the show (though as a white woman, I definitely don’t want to be the main voice in the discussion since racism is something I don’t experience firsthand and there’s unspoken layers to the issues associated with racism that I am aware I can’t fully comprehend).

I definitely overreacted to the initial save, as Jordan is talented albeit not my cup of tea, but even though Jordan isn’t an undeserving finalist per se the loss of multiple black female artists in one fell swoop (despite them all turning in several strong performances over the course of the season and all being very different from one another) is indicative of some of the audience’s biases. Though the roots of those biases are complex and rather ugly at times, facing them head on is the only way to change the system.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, snoopy2003 said:

We need to vote for Kenzie unless you want Cam to win and get stuck we a screwed up record label!!!!

I'm still howling at the mental gymnastics here to get people to vote for Kelly 😂

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The way I see it, sans a mass audience change (which will possibly come with Ariana next season, but I’m skeptical), the most I can do is congratulate Jordan on a good performance and moving on before immediately getting to work trying to strategize what could be done to shake things up so there’s a significantly reduced amount of systemic barriers for nonwhite female artists who enter into the audition process for the show (though as a white woman, I definitely don’t want to be the main voice in the discussion since racism is something I don’t experience firsthand and there’s unspoken layers to the issues associated with racism that I am aware I can’t fully comprehend).

I definitely overreacted to the initial save, as Jordan is talented albeit not my cup of tea, but even though Jordan isn’t an undeserving finalist per se the loss of multiple black female artists in one fell swoop (despite them all turning in several strong performances over the course of the season and all being very different from one another) is indicative of some of the audience’s biases. Though the roots of those biases are complex and rather ugly at times, facing them head on is the only way to change the system.

Great post as always :yes: This is what I was talking about

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Honestly the only way I think a black woman can win is if she is middle aged and on Team Blake, or ( MAYBE OBV we don’t know this yet but if she is 20-35 on Team Ari) 

Kyla Jade was on Team Blake and she didn't win either.

Posted (edited)

Well we have Gihanna as our first guest here. Wonder if someone else will hop on later. 

Also, if there were any doubts that she indeed has read IDF lol. Its almost always the young ones who are on to us.

Edited by Misirlou

First. I love the top 5 (I'm not a fan of Kenzie but the guy has the voice. I prefer Dana but Rachel's growth is undeniable).

My anger is because they didn't let Pia leave on a high note !! WHY TO GIVE HER A BILLIE EILISH SONG???

SHE HAD AN INCREDIBLE NIGHT AND THEY DO THIS ?? It was obvious that Jordan would win, WHY RUIN HER!?! She didn't deserve that treatment

I'm not surprised what they did, it happens season after season but I can't help feeling this way

1 minute ago, Catsy said:

Kyla Jade was on Team Blake and she didn't win either.

To be fair, Kyla was complicit in bussing herself - without it, she probably could’ve been runner up (as given Brynn’s rapid social media growth + general reception from the KOs onward she was near-certainly going to win over Kyla).

2 hours ago, Anonymous111 said:

I think Jordan made the path for a Kenzie win. Team Blake's votes will split and Cam will end up being 2nd

Geez, i hope this season doesn't turn into the "country voice" again!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

would a Kennedy Holmes 2.0 on Team Blake with the consistency and charm of Chevel do it?

Nvm. I misread that.

Maybe, but she needs songs that appeal to the audience.

Edited by Misirlou

Jordan rarely posts about the show, and he when he does; he does it the day after he appears. But he posted the screencap of him getting saved on IG saying he is speechless. This must have actually meant a deal to him.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Jordan rarely posts about the show, and he when he does; he does it the day after he appears. But he posted the screencap of him getting saved on IG saying he is speechless. This must have actually meant a deal to him.

You know what impressed me? In the lineup, instead of just thanking Blake, he included all of the staff behind the scenes. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

You know what impressed me? In the lineup, instead of just thanking Blake, he included all of the staff behind the scenes. 

Pia thanked the vocal coach, too. It was really sweet. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, that was a nice touch. He seems to value the work that gets done here. Overall he does care about the show. He is not the apathic dude that a lot of people thought he was.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Heard about her allergy reaction, respect to her.

I have a major respect for how professional Pia is. I've said it before and I'll say it again. When her mom passed away and she delievered such a nice KO, I was shocked. If it was me, I'd never be able to open my mouth after John Legend talked about it, much less keep the composure. She deserves a great job/deal after this season. 

• Like 7