The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Pia could be changing her song or changed it last minute. I bet it’ll be here before 3pm

Maybe they want to use their original song for the group performance

many questions

3 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Pia could be changing her song or changed it last minute. I bet it’ll be here before 3pm

Or maybe she didn’t get to record it. Taryn had to miss out on filming/recording the Minefields performance because her COVID-19 kit didn’t arrive in time.

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Maybe it had something to do with rights being secured?

Yea she was probably doing Purple Rain but then they remembered how bad Cammwess did with it and they said never mind. 

• Haha 3

Who thinks Cams performances are better than studios? I know we’ve only seen one but compared them and just wow the live was so much more powerful! Hoping sale for boys to men the studio though lovely to listen to missed the Can edge hope he brings it ! 

• Like 1

After listening to Team Blake and Team Nick's recordings:

• Whoever suggested this to Cam is a genius - he sounds phenomenal and considering he was way better live than recorded last week, he's absolutely on track to get a second 10/10 from me this week. Also now taking bets on Kelly crying during this.
  • Jordan on classic country is a choice - he sounds way too damn twangy in studio. I'm not saying this reads as a bus, but...
  • Dana may be getting a bus of a song choice, but she's got the stage presence to pull Bruno off so I'm not as worried as I probably should be. It's probably going to be better live, but I don't think she's gonna get the PV with this one.
  • Rachel's song is one I haven't heard in a hot minute, and I definitely wouldn't have picked this for her. I stand by my previous calling TPTB cowards for not letting her take on Joni, but she sounds beautiful here so I can't be too mad about that.

4 minutes ago, gingerbread said:

Does anyone think Corey has a chance of possibly getting 3rd/4th? 🥺

Yeah, but he has to win the IS tomorrow first. After that, 3rd place is his ceiling.

After listening Rachel’s studio again, maybe it’s not as bad of a song choice as I thought. I’m still on the fence with her, but if she kills this she has all my respect.

Team Kelly + Victor (some thoughts):

• Kenzie is taking on the country song to end all country songs. If he pulls it off live + Minivan has a good reaction to this, RIP everyone else this season. However, with an earlier than normal key change in such an iconic song, I'm not sure that even a little change like that will go over well.
  • Gihanna on Disney is something I need in my life more than just once. Christina is a big vocalist, but dang if Gih isn't doing her justice right now. Thumbs up from me (though if she makes the finale something not from a movie would be a nice change of pace).
  • Corey going the TikTok/Eurovision song route reads bus-ish, but the song is right in his sweet spot and he's gonna get in the Save anyway, so this is at least the best time to go kinda experimental.
  • Victor f***in' Solomon, y'all. Damn. If he doesn't close the night, I want an explanation from TPTB. Exceptions to the rule: Kenzie and Pia if she's doing Whitney.
  • Like 3

Kenzie seems very just linear although his voice is phenomenal I don’t get too excited and I saw someone post that all his songs have been covers he’s done in his living room I wish we could see something out of his wheelhouse something that really solidified him otherwise I think his win will forever have an asterisk for playing it safe as the other contentstants i feel have really pushed themselves I mean look at Dana doing Bruno tonight! 

10 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Team Kelly + Victor (some thoughts):

• Victor f***in' Solomon, y'all. Damn. Second best of them all.  If he Gihanna doesn't close the night, I want an explanation from TPTB He should. Exceptions to the rule: Kenzie and Pia if she's doing Whitney.

Ok fixed.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BlaqueWorldPartyOn said:

Kenzie seems very just linear although his voice is phenomenal I don’t get too excited and I saw someone post that all his songs have been covers he’s done in his living room I wish we could see something out of his wheelhouse something that really solidified him otherwise I think his win will forever have an asterisk for playing it safe as the other contestants i feel have really pushed themselves I mean look at Dana doing Bruno tonight! 

I think part of this is the vibe I get that Kenzie is on the shyer side personality wise - he's got pipes, but they don't shine when he's onstage by himself in a high-pressure setting. A lot of his covers have him in a more relaxed setting and he seems much more at ease when he's not in the spotlight formally (understandable, tbh). He's confident in who he is as a vocalist, but out of his comfort zone by being on TV.

If he were to get that last little bit of confidence in himself as a performer and not just a vocalist, he'd go from "really good" to "really great" in my book. I don't mean necessarily better stage presence performance wise, for the record (since that's less of a focal point for male country artists) - I mean just getting to that point where he's less in his head and more relaxed when he's in a higher-pressure spotlight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

Any preference? I’d love her to sing « I learned from the best »

Definitely “Greatest Love Of All”

• Like 3

Just now, British Man said:

Ok fixed.

I think my top favorites tonight are going to be him, Cam, and one of Gihanna and Kenzie (depending on how their respective songs translate to the stage). As much as my two main snowflakes have been the ones I'm pulling for, I don't think either got songs that fit them on paper and I'll need to see how they work live before I make final judgments.