The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 hours ago, disney1024 said:

I mean, if Minivan has an option between a four-chair white country guy and a three-chair black R&B guy on Team Blake, who do you think they'll get behind? 🤨

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough the first time. I'm not saying that Cam would win on Team Blake. However, I think he is more likely to do better on Team Blake. For example, consider Season 18. Todd Tilghman, who appealed more to Minivan, won the show. However, Toneisha placed 2nd, likely because she was on Team Blake. I do not think she would have placed 2nd on any other team. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough the first time. I'm not saying that Cam would win on Team Blake. However, I think he is more likely to do better on Team Blake. For example, consider Season 18. Todd Tilghman, who appealed more to Minivan, won the show. However, Toneisha placed 2nd, likely because she was on Team Blake. I do not think she would have placed 2nd on any other team. 

That's probably true but we'll see. There were a lot of shocking results during the S19 battles and knockouts (e.g. Lain getting eliminated in the battles, Cami ending up on Team Kelly, etc.). Hence, S20 could very well bring its own share of unpleasant and unexpected surprises. Who knows what will happen? 😅

BTW, you just reminded me of my season 18 agony. Toneisha or Thunderstorm should've won that season, not Todd. 😖😭

Edited by disney1024

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

In before Blake gets rid of Avery to keep Cam as his frontrunner. Avery is stolen by Nick to try to give him a chance at the trophy. 

I haven't listened to Zae yet, but based on the conversation here, either he or possibly Dana might end up being his current frontrunner. Since Zae is R&B (according to what i've read here), it may depend on whether they wanna push for an R&B guy, and if so, which one, as there seem to be multiple possible male R&B TCOs. 

I think it is likely that a country guy could become the TCO, though, perhaps even more likely. I think things will become clearer once we see the blinds.

Edited by QueenCami

5 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I haven't listened to Zae yet, but based on the conversation here, either he or possibly Dana might end up being his current frontrunner. Since Zae is R&B (according to what i've read here), it may depend on whether they wanna push for an R&B guy, and if so, which one, as there seem to be multiple possible male R&B TCOs. 

You should totally listen to Zae when you have time, he's amazing!!! 😍

Zae is a bit more pop but his voice would work really well with R&B music. We'll see what Nick decides to do with him. 🤔

I don't see Dana as Nick's frontrunner tbh. Zae would be more well-received by viewers than Dana would. Hate me if you want but Dana will probably get eliminated in the semi-finals (if she gets that far). It's unlikely that she will reach the finale as Nick's representative. 😅 

Just now, disney1024 said:

You should totally listen to Zae when you have time, he's amazing!!! 😍

Zae is a bit more pop but his voice would work really well with R&B music. We'll see what Nick decides to do with him. 🤔

I don't see Dana as Nick's frontrunner tbh. Zae would be more well-received by viewers than Dana would. Hate me if you want but Dana will probably get eliminated in the semi-finals (if she gets that far). It's unlikely that she will reach the finale as Nick's representative. 😅 

There's usually a block of voters that vote for AA female powerhouses (as much as I shouldn't categorize them like that, from my observation, this appears to be the case). The last season we've had an female AA powerhouse in the season who didn't make the finale was Season 15 (I think Season 16 didn't have one? Don't remember). If she gets better song choices than in her BA and she moves on to the lives, I think she will make semifinals at the least, and depending on battle/KO steals, I do think she might make the finale. However, it's a lot of "if"s, so I'll wait till pre-lives are taped to make a better prediction.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I don't remember which contestant or source said it, but one source did mention that Blake specifically mentioned to a contestant at a later taping that he didn't turn because of a promise he'd made to another contestant, clearly referring to Cam.

It was Deion I remember that pretty clearly because I was mad he didn’t give him his 4 chairs. And now him turning for Victor makes no sense. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He probably turned just out of respect, given that he wasn´t going to get him anyway.

Well what about Denisha then? He had a better chance at getting her than he did at getting Victor and he still turned.

3 minutes ago, loveee said:

Well what about Denisha then? He had a better chance at getting her than he did at getting Victor and he still turned.

Funny, I always thought that Blake only lied to the other coaches. I didn't realize that he also lies to his own artists lol 😂

19 minutes ago, loveee said:

That perhaps might mean that Cam might not be a lock as we thought then lol. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, loveee said:

I still think hes a lock though 😂 hes undeniably a top 5 vocalists this season 

A lock for the finale, sure. A lock for Team Blake, who knows? It's quite possible that Blake stupidly lets him go during the battles or knockouts and he ends up on someone else's team. It happened with Thunderstorm in S18 so it might happen again this season with either Cam or Avery. I would love to see IDF's reaction when either Avery or Cam gets booted to someone else's team lol 😂

7 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

A lock for the finale, sure. A lock for Team Blake, who knows? It's quite possible that Blake stupidly lets him go during the battles or knockouts and he ends up on someone else's team. It happened with Thunderstorm in S18 so it might happen again this season with either Cam or Avery. I would love to see IDF's reaction when either Avery or Cam gets booted to someone else's team lol 😂

The difference is: John was the one who made the poor decision. Either way, John knew that Thunderstorm was getting stolen, so it's fine. Plus, Thunderstorm messed up his song, so there's good reason to give Mandi the win. 

In fact, I don't think it's usually a "stupid" decision because in most cases, the steals and saves are planned beforehand. 

Edited by QueenCami

On 12/25/2020 at 5:45 PM, Bk1234 said:

Brynn was a teen on the show, didn’t have four-chair country male competition on the same team as her, and was nowhere near as indie as Anna Grace is. The Queen was insanely talented that Minivan was forced to concede (aka it will probably never happen again.) :yes:

Don’t think Anna Grace is very indie at all lol but we shall see...

4 hours ago, disney1024 said:

If the artist is good and deserves to win, he should win regardless of who his coach is. Blake, on his 19 season of The Voice, had only Joshua Davis (Season 8 ) and Josh Gallagher (Season 11) who he lets go during the battles/knockouts and made the finale but ended only 3rd and 4th, respectively.

I did not include Craig Wayne Boyd because he's an OG Team Blake member and Gwen lets go of him during the knockouts.

Out of all the coaches, he's the only one with the least questionable decisions during pretaped rounds. I don't wish Cam to be stolen because it will hurt his chances in making the finale or even winning the show with the other coaches especially with John or Nick.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, sheepluver46 said:

Don’t think Anna Grace is very indie at all lol but we shall see...

She sang a Billie Eyelash song, which is enough to make her "indie" in the eyes of the Voice's core audience 😂

• Haha 3