The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

19 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

It sounded like Brynn may have been involved in the decision on whether to air her Blind Audition on Season 13, I think she mentioned in an interview after she won Season 14 that she didn't want to be known as the "no chair turn girl" during Season 14. Maybe the producers were more protective than they usually would be because she was so young? It would be nice if they only showed the no chair turn  auditions of people that were cool with it being shown since contestants' feelings regarding that probably vary, but I doubt that's how it works.

They aired Ava August’s BA. Maybe Brynn was explaining why she was glad she wasn’t aired, despite the possible upside of getting seen on television 

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Also....I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Corey has an outside shot at snatching the PV. 

This is why in the thread for things I'd be most shocked for, I didn't put Kenzie not getting the PV. I think that Corey will put up some fierce competition, and while I think it's 93-7 or something, that's still a 7% chance.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

I’m curious on what’s gonna happen LMFAOO, usually season 18 and 19 were really predictable with who’s getting PV, but now this is kind of interesting. I wonder who’s advancing CAN TIME COME ANY FASTER???

season 18 was WAY too predictable but I thought CammWess would get 5th, Micah 4th, Toneisha 3rd, Thunderstorm 2nd and Todd 1st before the finale. Unfortunately Micah flopped

Am I the only one obsessed with the "Dynamite" performance?

(I'm not a BTS fan. In fact, if a BTS fan heard the jokes I make about them, they'd talk about how my mother should've listened to Blackpink)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, British Man said:

Me too, Gihanna slayed on that lol that fitted her like a glove (well, she's a BTS fan, so there's that)!! Also Cam ❤️ 

and Jordan and the others sounded so good too with that song totally unexpected

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, British Man said:

(I'm not a BTS fan. In fact, if a BTS fan heard the jokes I make about them, they'd talk about how my mother should've listened to Blackpink)

John tried to drive Kenzie away before he was done lolol

3 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Me too, Gihanna slayed on that lol that fitted her like a glove (well, she's a BTS fan, so there's that)!! Also Cam ❤️ 

and Jordan and the others sounded so good too with that song totally unexpected

Kenzie's dancing was so low effort at the end. He was just slinging his arms in the air.

Meanwhile, Cam and Gihanna were slaying every move.

There should be a ranking for everyone's dancing.

Edited by British Man

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

It sounded like Brynn may have been involved in the decision on whether to air her Blind Audition on Season 13, I think she mentioned in an interview after she won Season 14 that she didn't want to be known as the "no chair turn girl" during Season 14. Maybe the producers were more protective than they usually would be because she was so young? It would be nice if they only showed the no chair turn  auditions of people that were cool with it being shown since contestants' feelings regarding that probably vary, but I doubt that's how it works.

I thought she was explaining why she never talked about being a no-chair return until after the season. She was constantly asked how she knew the season 13 cast, and never answered.  I doubt the contestants have any say in whether it airs. 

Was rewatching a few parts of last and Devan`s reaction to winning seemed quite sincere. He seems like a very humble guy that I feel a bit bad for being so harsh on him last night, but it is what it is. Hopefully he does find his mojo off the show, since some artists aren`t really given the tools to be themselves a 100% here.

• Like 4

Just now, Misirlou said:

Was rewatching a few parts of last and Devan`s reaction to winning seemed quite sincere. He seems like a very humble guy that I feel a bit bad for being so harsh on him last night, but it is what it is. Hopefully he does find his mojo off the show, since some artists aren`t really given the tools to be themselves a 100% here.

*Raine Stern and Payge Turner have entered the chat*

I do feel bad about Devan's performance getting sh*t on, especially since he seems genuinely very likable, but it wasn't a good match of song to artist.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I also feel bad for the poor guy. Not only it’s not his fault that America voted him through, but on top of that he was given that song.

I’m still salty about Savanna, but at least give the guy a chance to prove himself, lol.

Edited by Daillon

Devan is an amazing person. I think he went in there fully expecting to not make it, but congrats to the guy, I really like him. Wouldn’t be mad if he made WC over Jose/Andrew tbh

Also.........I have no idea what’s happening to me but, I’m starting to get obsessed with...with-...JORDAN! How? I have no idea but he did something last night (and in the dynamite music video LMAO)

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

*Raine Stern and Payge Turner have entered the chat*

I do feel bad about Devan's performance getting sh*t on, especially since he seems genuinely very likable, but it wasn't a good match of song to artist.

Yeah, it wasn`t good, but I wish him the best post show. To all the artists actually.

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Devan’s performance wasn’t even bad lol.

It started out fine but went kind of off the rails after he started to move around on stage. It wasn't as much of a train wreck as I expected based on the episode discussion thread, but it wasn't as good as it could've been either.

3 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Devan is an amazing person. I think he went in there fully expecting to not make it, but congrats to the guy, I really like him. Wouldn’t be mad if he made WC over Jose/Andrew tbh

Also.........I have no idea what’s happening to me but, I’m starting to get obsessed with...with-...JORDAN! How? I have no idea but he did something last night (and in the dynamite music video LMAO)

He was probably my favorite pre-show contestant and he disappointed me throughout all three pre live rounds.

The guy I made a fan thread for finally showed up last night, slide and everything. And while I really hope he goes through tonight, I`m not a 100% confident. Still, if he goes home, he leaves on a high note.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He seems like a very humble guy

A hundred percent, he really is. I totally love the guy, and in my opinion, he did an awesome job last night. I'm glad though you've acknowledged it! ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He was probably my favorite pre-show contestant and he disappointed me throughout all three pre live rounds.

The guy I made a fan thread for finally showed up last night, slide and everything. And while I really hope he goes through tonight, I`m not a 100% confident. Still, if he goes home, he leaves on a high note.

If he gets in the WC, I think Jordan will likely win it as long as he doesn't go up against Corey.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see him get the save, given he did well last night and Blake's loyal to his OG team over steals. We'll see.

Still not 100% sold on Jordan, but he did Fleetwood Mac justice so he gets a thumbs up from me.

Shockingly, the only Team Blake member that I see moving on ONLY through the coach save is Pete. Cam’s getting PV, and I feel like Jordan and Anna have a shot at winning the wildcard if they’re in it, but if Pete’s song is that bad, I have a feeling he won’t easily win it. Considering they were last last night, they probably are getting the IS pimp spot, so maybe that’ll help them (especially Pete if he ends up in the WC)

Team Nick is DOA when it comes to wildcard, idk since when we’ve had such a clear Top 2 for a team but that’s it this season, and no shade to any of the other 3 guys, they’re great, but Dana and Rachel are Nick’s crystal clear top 2 and the audience +the coaches know it.

Team Kelly could be a threat for wildcard too. Especially if Corey/Kenzie end up there. Gihanna could also be a threat but it depends on who she’s up against.

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

lol I never got the point of this. Is this a good representation of who will get more votes orrr?

Yes and no.  It showed that Todd and Carter were way ahead of everyone else in their seasons, but it also had some misleading numbers for others.  For example, Bailey was overwhelmingly leading the trends for Team Legend, but John got the public vote both times.  Worth the Wait was trending high for Team Blake, but still didn't get his public vote.  And Cami led for Team Kelly, but Desz still got the vote both times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Shockingly, the only Team Blake member that I see moving on ONLY through the coach save is Pete. Cam’s getting PV, and I feel like Jordan and Anna have a shot at winning the wildcard if they’re in it, but if Pete’s song is that bad, I have a feeling he won’t easily win it. Considering they were last last night, they probably are getting the IS pimp spot, so maybe that’ll help them (especially Pete if he ends up in the WC)

Yeah, if Pete doesn`t get the CS, he`s done. Depending what Jordan`s WC song is, he could get it. (I hope it`s something like last night if he`s in that position).

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, if Pete doesn`t get the CS, he`s done. Depending what Jordan`s WC song is, he could get it. (I hope it`s something like last night if he`s in that position).

I concur and Jordan outshone him in the lives and will get Wild Card IMO even Anna I feel made a bigger impact overall I watched Pete’s live where he said his wife picked both Pat Benatar and the Louis Cipaldi (sp?)  song which I had thought he got bussed but he chose this route hopefully not to his demise I just think had he come out in the lives with a stronger song he could have easily pushed thru to the lives guess we’ll have to wait and see! 

9 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Considering they were last last night, they probably are getting the IS pimp spot

I think the teams order isn't always the same as the IS, I remember last season's 5th spot IS being completely different