The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The "Amen" part turns me off a bit. I would have preferred for him to let his voice float through that instead of adding run after run.

We'll see if he does it live though.

I suspect with full band and backing visuals the amen will work tonight. Also the choices he’s making + the part of the song they’re doing, take away a lot of the grittiness of Hosier (which will probably turn some people off, but not the voice audience), and make it into more of a worship song (which the voice audience will mauve like) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, hopefully actually dancing if he knows how. I'd say he was probably stretching for gym class on his KO.

Well I don't think the dancing could possibly be more annoying than his KO dancing so hopefully he kills it tonight :haha:

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, hopefully actually dancing if he knows how. I'd say he was probably stretching for gym class on his KO.

He thanked a choreographer for helping him during the KOs, so he's taking classes

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

1k IDF pages but 300 of them are just multiple accounts from disney :haha:

d*sney is still on the list of top posters for this thread

27 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, we're probably seeing Victor dancing tonight based on the song choice.

that's what my mind jumped to. his song choice honestly feels like the bad parts of "my girl" amplified

Edited by QueenCami

24 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I suspect with full band and backing visuals the amen will work tonight. Also the choices he’s making + the part of the song they’re doing, take away a lot of the grittiness of Hosier (which will probably turn some people off, but not the voice audience), and make it into more of a worship song (which the voice audience will mauve like) 

The bottom line is if he’s Blake’s clear frontrunner going in, he’ll probably remain the frontrunner. But, if it’s close with Pete, it could get interesting. What Blake says tonight will matter too. 

35 minutes ago, pauwis said:

- Clear favorite of all coaches.

Yet like Kyla, only half of them turned for her even though she deserved at least three of them.  For Kelly, that was particularly egregious, given that she was raised on that music, and I don't know Blake's excuse.

Ok, I'm expecting Cam to get the PV and materialize frontrunner status so I can fully laugh (in a friendly way lol) at IDF predicting basically everybody but Cam on Blake's team as the frontrunner.

Now, the biggest problem with my master plan is that Blake Shelton seems more genuinely invested in Kenzie winning than in Cam so I hope that changes quite a bit tonight and he finally sends the bat signal for his own people. 

Team Blake

Cam - this one is interesting..Hozier makes sense for him, in a lot of ways. As Hozier has a lot of R&B and Jazz influence..but "Take Me To Church" is very rock heavy. "Nina Cried Power" "Work Song" and "Cherry Wine" all would have been better choices. That being said, Blake is smart..as a Hozier fan, I'm not gonna love the emphasis and runs in "Amen"...but the audience will. He'll sing it beautifully, I'm sure. B+ choice.

Blake also tanked the rest of his team, outside of Jordan..who got a killer song, but I'm not sure it works shortened. Anna's is okay. Based on song choice, these are the three Blake wants in. 

Team Kelly

Kenzie - Kelly's making sure her Ace is getting through with that song. I can't get over how much he sounds like Scotty in his recording. She's keeping Kenzie both young and appealing to minivan..he's one of the more marketable contestants from this show. A choice

Corey got a song right in his wheel house..as did Gihanna. Kelly's preference is what matters here though, as Kenzie is absolutely getting the PV. Again..her top 3 seems pretty clear. 

I really hope we get to hear Savanna sing Barracuda..

Team John

Song choice of the night...Ryleigh. "Driver's license" is perfect for her, a hugely popular song, and an emotional ballad. She's got a shot at stealing the PV, especially with so many similar artists. A+ choice

Carolina's song is too big for her. Victor's is solid, but...nothing special. I don't think Pia or Zania's song choices will appeal to The Voice audience, especially over Ryleigh or Victor's...

Based on song choices, I think John wants Ryleigh and Victor. I'm not sure he has a third choice..

Team Nick...

Rachel got a beautiful song, although I'm not too familiar. If she can do it, she'll get the PV. 

From song choices, and quite frankly..given the contestants he has, Dana is the obvious next choice..but I think Nick is setting up Rachel to be his darkhorse Ace. 

4 minutes ago, echoap said:

Ok, I'm expecting Cam to get the PV and materialize frontrunner status so I can fully laugh (in a friendly way lol) at IDF predicting basically everybody but Cam on Blake's team as the frontrunner.

Now, the biggest problem with my master plan is that Blake Shelton seems more genuinely invested in Kenzie winning than in Cam so I hope that changes quite a bit tonight and he finally sends the bat signal for his own people. 

I think Blake is setting up Cam as the darkhorse. Put the pressure on Kenzie and Kelly as the front runner, and sneak in with Cam. 

Watch, we're going to get a bunch of "Cam is just so down to earth" bonding moments

• Like 1

My PV predictions after studios:

Team Blake: Cam

Team Legend: Victor

Team Nick: Rachel(her studio sounds so good and it's a great songchoice. Minivan hates Dana)

Team Kelly: Kenzie

3 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I think Blake is setting up Cam as the darkhorse. Put the pressure on Kenzie and Kelly as the front runner, and sneak in with Cam. 

Watch, we're going to get a bunch of "Cam is just so down to earth" bonding moments

Sounds like a great plan. I haven't been following the season that closely so I hope you are right 😊

9 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

And then ya girl Gihanna comes in and swoops the PV on Team Kelly

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, echoap said:

We'll have to see how TPTB treats Cam tonight (performance spot, making sure he doesnt get bandzilla'd, hell, even staging plays a factor), and most importantly, how Blake sells him tonight.

• Like 1

https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/9e1d45af-02d1-4b13-8bba-4939e0de5e79/press-releases/cb2bf262-959c-4674-9158-0a9428ebb08f

Schedule update 

"THE VOICE"

"LIVE TOP 9 RESULTS"

ORIGINAL

05/18/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Tuesday)    : The top vote-getter from each team will automatically earn a spot to compete in the finale. The remaining artists will compete in a five-way Instant Save for a chance to earn the fifth and final spot in the finale.

Confirm teams quota and top 5 Finale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dany said:

https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/9e1d45af-02d1-4b13-8bba-4939e0de5e79/press-releases/cb2bf262-959c-4674-9158-0a9428ebb08f

Schedule update 

"THE VOICE"

"LIVE TOP 9 RESULTS"

ORIGINAL

05/18/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Tuesday)    : The top vote-getter from each team will automatically earn a spot to compete in the finale. The remaining artists will compete in a five-way Instant Save for a chance to earn the fifth and final spot in the finale.

Confirm team quota and top 5 Finale.

So they're doing a 5-way now and not a 3-way for the semis IS?

I didn't watch semis last season so I didn't know if they did that already last season.

Just now, Teraginn said:

So they're doing a 5-way now and not a 3-way for the semis IS?

I didn't watch semis last season so I didn't know if they did that already last season.

Lol it’s always been 5 lol