The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, B-B said:

I don’t understand why people are saying Dana needs to stop doing upbeat songs. Corey, Gihanna, and Rachel, haven’t done an upbeat song, yet I don’t see anybody complaining about that

Facts lol both rose and Desz did upbeat and still came out with a PV

• Like 3

I’m all in for people showing versatility (my #1 is Alisan, lol) but when there are only 3 live shows, I can’t really ask for that. It’s bloodbath after bloodbath in this format, so I get that contestants want to stick to what they do best.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Facts lol both rose and Desz did upbeat and still came out with a PV

A few people answered this above, but it seems like you didn't see it. It's not about her getting the PV as much as wanting to hear something different/slower.

So I have a question (pretty new here) many people are saying that Kelly wouldn't let it happen that a contestant of her gets bussed. Has it never happened in previous seasons? Or is team kelly really save of getting bussed

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Are you labelling Bruises as a ballad?

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I certainly wouldn’t call it upbeat, at the very least 

It's a sad song, just like Dancing On My Own, Already Gone

Edited by pauwis

1 minute ago, thevoicebelgium said:

So I have a question (pretty new here) many people are saying that Kelly wouldn't let it happen that a contestant of her gets bussed. Has it never happened in previous seasons? Or is team kelly really save of getting bussed

Bussing has happened a few times on her team, but it's insanely rare when it does happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Bussing has happened a few times on her team, but it's insanely rare when it does happen.

Considering KC comes from a singing show background herself, not surprised she’s reluctant to use the bus unless she has to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pauwis said:

It's a sad song, just like Dancing On My Own, Already Gone

I'm not professionally inclined in music and performance but I think performance is not limited to upbeat and ballad.

Anyone who knows a lot about can clarify iinm.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Considering KC comes from a singing show background herself, not surprised she’s reluctant to use the bus unless she has to.

Poor Shane Q.....

4 minutes ago, thevoicebelgium said:

I think Abby Cates said she wanted to do Next To Me in a certain way, but they forced her to do it differently. Not sure if that counts as a bus, though (and I'm sure someone is going to respond by saying that Abby never proved she could sing live from her pre-lives since that's always brought up).

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think performance is not limited to upbeat and ballad.

Obviously! I made my comment based on the lyrics (that's why I said sad song and not ballad

Edited by pauwis

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I’m hoping Rachel is able to perform this good live…

She has a beautiful arrangement (except for that high note before the end, that doesn't convince me). I hope the nerves don't drown her

Rachel is not my favorite contestant ,:but if she really goes from an EXTREMELY shaky 1 chair turn blind, to the only battle that got a 4 coach standing o, to beating a 4 chair turn in the KOs, to delivering in the lives and getting the PV... That'd be a very satisfying trajectory.

• Like 9

Just now, Misirlou said:

Rachel is not my favorite contestant ,:but if she really goes from an EXTREMELY shaky 1 chair turn blind, to the only battle that got a 4 coach standing o, to beating a 4 chair turn in the KOs, to delivering in the lives and getting the PV... That'd be a very satisfying trajectory.

She'd almost deserve the finale if she could pull that off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

A few people answered this above, but it seems like you didn't see it. It's not about her getting the PV as much as wanting to hear something different/slower.

I get this (I actually agree with Dana doing a ballad and I’d love to hear that) but I think the user is referring to contestants who specialize in upbeat songs being told they should so ballads but that not happening vice versa. In a way, ballads are a way to connect more and show more emotion, but some may complain about Dana not showing versatility because she’s done upbeat, while the same critique isn’t given to someone like Corey the other way around.

And this is just thinking out loud: while ballads do generate more public emotion (?) I think that artists can be successful doing upbeat and still getting that same reaction. Chloe  comes to mind with Total Eclipse of The Heart, or Cam with Feeling Good. Even Kenzie, who’s more impactful performance was an upbeat song over a ballad who many found underwhelming. 

i think artists should just go out there and sing what they prefer. Clearly that’s what Corey and Dana for example are doing, they’re sticking with types of songs that fit them well. Yes, versatility is important, but as someone said earlier, in such a short season it may be a better idea to just stick with your strengths until the end. Either way I’m excited to see what they bring, I think tonight will be great

• Like 3