The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Jyn Mycle said:

And a lot back then is saying she's the Kyla of the season. But where are the performance like How Great Thou Art and Let It Be.

Well, I don't think it's a good idea to trust those comparisons, ever. Tamara wasn't Kyla. DeSz wasn't Toneisha. Dana isn't Kyla. They're all very different. I get the comparison b/w the way Kyla and Dana hit their high notes sometimes, but also sometimes Dana does it very differently. In terms of style and vocal texture, they are very different, imo.

• Like 5

I'm listening to the studios and loved Corey, Gihanna, Savanna, Ryleigh and Anna Grace so far. Zania's is better than what I expected but man, that won't be enough :no:

I almost didn't recognize Rachel's voice and I don't know what to think about that 👀

• Like 2

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Exactly! I think at the end of the day it’s all personal preference. I love both types of performances, some may find ballads “boring” and others may find uptempo “too much” or “lacking emotional connection”, and that’s ok I mean music is subjective obviously. 

also I find it HILARIOUS that every time you talk about your lack of connection with Dana you put a disclaimer LMAO

Yes, I agree!

And lmao, I have to make sure I'm not ostracized by IDF :haha: Just kidding, the reason is that she is just so good vocally and I usually love that so I really do want to like her but I really don't in the same way I like some less vocally impressive contestants... yet!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thevoicebelgium said:

So I have a question (pretty new here) many people are saying that Kelly wouldn't let it happen that a contestant of her gets bussed. Has it never happened in previous seasons? Or is team kelly really save of getting bussed

I think it speaks more to the producers generally not wanting to bus people on TK. While Kelly is a lovely wonderful human, she does not get to overrule producers (nor do any of the other coaches). 

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Imagine us getting 1k pages lmao. I’ll never read a book with 1k pages!🤣 but Id read 1k idf pages 😭

1k IDF pages but 300 of them are just multiple accounts from disney :haha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Imagine us getting 1k pages lmao. I’ll never read a book with 1k pages!🤣 but Id read 1k idf pages 😭

Between tonight and tomorrow with the meltdowns, and two weeks left after that, we're probably getting to 2k at this point lol

• Haha 2

Listened to the studios, I think it’s a breath/pace issue with Cam (which could be very bad live). It sounds like a couple of the words/notes are getting clipped at the beginning (note Hozier does this as well)

Just now, seak05 said:

Listened to the studios, I think it’s a breath/pace issue with Cam (which could be very bad live). It sounds like a couple of the words/notes are getting clipped at the beginning (note Hozier does this as well)

The "Amen" part turns me off a bit. I would have preferred for him to let his voice float through that instead of adding run after run.

We'll see if he does it live though.

40 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

And a lot back then is saying she's the Kyla of the season

I said that but I was referring to:
-BA: Aretha's song. Two chairs. Unexpected chosen coach.
-Battles: Ariana's song.
-KO: POWERFUL performance, killing her partner.
- Clear favorite of all coaches.

Edited by pauwis

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The "Amen" part turns me off a bit. I would have preferred for him to let his voice float through that instead of adding run after run.

We'll see if he does it live though.

I suspect with full band and backing visuals the amen will work tonight. Also the choices he’s making + the part of the song they’re doing, take away a lot of the grittiness of Hosier (which will probably turn some people off, but not the voice audience), and make it into more of a worship song (which the voice audience will mauve like) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, hopefully actually dancing if he knows how. I'd say he was probably stretching for gym class on his KO.

Well I don't think the dancing could possibly be more annoying than his KO dancing so hopefully he kills it tonight :haha:

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, hopefully actually dancing if he knows how. I'd say he was probably stretching for gym class on his KO.

He thanked a choreographer for helping him during the KOs, so he's taking classes

31 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

1k IDF pages but 300 of them are just multiple accounts from disney :haha:

d*sney is still on the list of top posters for this thread

27 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, we're probably seeing Victor dancing tonight based on the song choice.

that's what my mind jumped to. his song choice honestly feels like the bad parts of "my girl" amplified

Edited by QueenCami