Jump to content

The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

Just now, Misirlou said:

How has Pete´s support being in comparison to Cam´s? I have seen much more hype for the later I believe. Correct me if I´m wrong.


I don’t think the socials mean a whole lot until the voting starts, unless someone is lapping the field, which isn’t happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like it was said before, I think Pete could pull off an Ian Flanigan in the playoffs if he´s given a good song. And yes, if he gets PV, I´d consider him a threat to Kenzie, more that Cam if he were to get it.

 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


I don’t think the socials mean a whole lot until the voting starts, unless someone is lapping the field, which isn’t happening. 

Definitely not like Carter´s KO last season. We went into the playoffs pretty much knowing he was winning the whole thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ammonium said:

Pete checks lot of boxes. But he's yet to check on country box.

He could definitely slip into country if needed. Plus a lot of people already thought he was country at first, and even Blake has called him country a few times on the show.

 

That guy has experience going for him, that allowed him to survive the KO bus. Let´s see if they don´t saddle him with another bad song choice next Monday. He´s playing guitar this time, so it could be an acoustic ballad. If it is, then he´s dangerous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s going to be like last season, Team Blake having second and third. 
 

3 minutes ago, ammonium said:

Pete checks lot of boxes. But he's yet to check on country box.


I don’t think he needs it. All he needs is to manage well upcoming busses and he’ll be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

Or first and third, who knows 😬


Trying to convince myself that it’s impossible so I can get pleasantly surprised later or just be ok with Kenzie winning ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, British Man said:

 

Yeah...

 

Someone should probably make up a story about Kenzie leaving the hotel to visit his mother.

Not saying that Ryan's story was made up.

I'll call the NBC tipline and let them know I spotted Kenzie at a superspreader party with everyone's favorite Voice alum M*rgan W*llen 😉

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Is it me or I still think Kenzie is not to be considered the winner right now. 

 

I checked fb and youtube comments and I found, mixed comments like some are disappointed/sad that Avery lost, some praises for Kenzie.

 

Comments like

"Blake is rude for saying things like that when Avery is there"

"Blake should've stolen Avery back" etc etc.

 

I feel like because of Kenzie'w BA a lot assumed that he'll win up to now but as the show progressed I can't see any major build up that he'll win.

I posted this on unpop thread and it's relevant to the discussion right now.

 

I really don't wanna post here but I can't take some of what you guys are saying and it gets tiring to see.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


I don’t think the socials mean a whole lot until the voting starts, unless someone is lapping the field, which isn’t happening. 

I agree a lot with what you are saying. Until now I think the competition is pretty even because they all did pretty good. Playoffs will be the deciding factor

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Dana gets to the finale, her and Nick are probably doing an upbeat

 

Or maybe he could do her a favor and just let her sing on her own 🤣 jk jk

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I agree a lot with what you are saying. Until now I think the competition is pretty even because they all did pretty good. Playoffs will be the deciding factor


We base a lot on previous audience voting behavior. Kenzie and Cam are both very good. Kenzie is the only remaining country singer, and Cam is Team Blake. Thus, they are considered by many to be threats to win it all. Kenzie has a stronger grip on the PV than Cam does, IMO. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TeamAudra said:


We base a lot on previous audience voting behavior. Kenzie and Cam are both very good. Kenzie is the only remaining country singer.  Thus, they are considered to many to be threats to win it all. Kenzie has a stronger grip on the PV than Cam does, IMO. 

But still I think it will depend on the performance on PO. Kenzie hadn't have a moment after his BA and he's on Team Kelly.

Last season, Tanner(he's country) on Team Kelly didn't made it.

Jake Hoot won S17 because he had a breakout performance on KO and he's from Nashville iirc.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really want Corey to win this season...but I know he’s not gonna with Kenzie in the same time. Ugh I wish Corey was on Team Nick bc then hed get PV, Dana gets CS and Rachel wins WC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vacuum.gif cleanup on aisle 9

 

most of that country/no country/artistry discussion was moved to the General discussion

 

please use that thread if you are not posting about what's about to be on the show, or things that relate to that :peace:

  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I really want Corey to win this season...but I know he’s not gonna with Kenzie in the same time. Ugh I wish Corey was on Team Nick bc then hed get PV, Dana gets CS and Rachel wins WC

I definitely think so. But I don´t want him near Nick, honestly.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I came here expecting drama when I saw that the thread was locked, but it is a pleasant surprise to see that it was just off-topic conversation.

 

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I definitely think so. But I don´t want him near Nick, honestly.

I can see why you'd say that, we don't know how he would have been w song choices. But to be fair, I think that we here at IDF overestimate the importance of the coach in selecting song choices. It probably comes down to the contestant (10-25%) and the producers (75-90%), if I had to guess. However, as y'all know, I know nothing more than you guys so it's just an educated guess.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I definitely think so. But I don´t want him near Nick, honestly.

Hard agree, knowing that contestants don't always get the final say in song choices and they don't get any in their battle or KO pair-ups, combined with Nick's track record this season...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

But still I think it will depend on the performance on PO. Kenzie hadn't have a moment after his BA and he's on Team Kelly.

Last season, Tanner(he's country) on Team Kelly didn't made it.

Jake Hoot won S17 because he had a breakout performance on KO and he's from Nashville iirc.

 

 

Deep voice country guys always do very well thorough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

It probably comes down to the contestant (10-25%) and the producers (75-90%), if I had to guess.

I’m not good at math lol but the main thing I’ve heard is 1. The contestants make a list with 10-20 songs they would like to sing in blinds and then in the knockouts. 2. The producers pick the song. Most of the time they pick the songs based on the rights they have or else it becomes a longer process for just one song. Other times it’s just convenience, or wanting to see a contestant struggle (hi Connor). If anyone knows any better they can add, but I’ve heard this from multiple contestants at this point.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I’m not good at math lol but the main thing I’ve heard is 1. The contestants make a list with 10-20 songs they would like to sing in blinds and then in the knockouts. 2. The producers pick the song. Most of the time they pick the songs based on the rights they have or else it becomes a longer process for just one song. Other times it’s just convenience, or wanting to see a contestant struggle (hi Connor). If anyone knows any better they can add, but I’ve heard this from multiple contestants at this point.

That's my understanding too, also I think sometimes the producers allow the people to pick from a few (three?) songs as their choice, but given what Kelsie said about having to pick "You Oughta Know," I assume the choices are curated such that if they want to bus someone, all choices are bad.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Catsy said:

 

Deep voice country guys always do very well thorough.

Well, I know he has potential given his BA, but I'm pointing out that Kenzie might not be the Winner that we are thinking of as of now base on the things I have mentioned earlier.

 

At this point of time I think Cam might pull a Chris Blue win and I'm manifesting it. 😁

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lmao the shame idf will feel if Kenzie doesn’t win 🤣🌚 


I don’t think many people care that much, honestly. Just the fact that they only have to sing live for two rounds to make the finale sort of ruins the excitement, and it’s honestly not that great of an accomplishment anymore. Genre preference of the people voting becomes even more important, because there isn’t enough time for viewers to get invested in the artists. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...