The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

2 minutes ago, British Man said:

Honestly, I do find myself getting annoyed when people say negative things about Gihanna, while I don't find myself getting annoyed when people say negative things about Kenzie. 

Of course, it's better to bring up your favourite instead of pushing down those who you don't like as much, but I do get how there is a bit of a double standard.

Personally, I don't care about the criticism, I care more about how the criticism is given. Like, you can say negative things about an artist's performance, but you need to say it in a way so that you don't let those negative things define a performace.

Example:

"Andrew is boring to me"

"Andrew is a great vocalist with solid performances, but I find his performances boring. I don't think Andrew is bad, but I'd rather watch Dana"

THIS^^^

• Like 1
  • Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misirlou

• Bk1234

• disney1024

• QueenCami

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Voice - NBC The Voice APP iTunes The Voice APP Android Twitter Facebook Youtube           Please DO NOT post the Season 20 spoilers on other websites (YouTub

Kenzie Wheeler and MacKenzie Wheeler

I didn’t put this in the Voice Fans Say the Darndest Things Thread because it contains spoilers...   Deion Warren and Durell are gorgeous guys that went home in the battles and should be min

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Angeles said:

I enjoyed Dana's KO, but I would love it if Dana performs a more vulnerable & emotional song! Thoughts?

I’m sure @B-B and @jus.vshn know Dana’s voice better, so you should value their suggestions more, but I would LOVE for her to sing “Black Like Me” by Mickey Guyton. It gets me in tears every time I listen to it. 🥺

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, British Man said:

Honestly, I do find myself getting annoyed when people say negative things about Gihanna, while I don't find myself getting annoyed when people say negative things about Kenzie. 

Of course, it's better to bring up your favourite instead of pushing down those who you don't like as much, but I do get how there is a bit of a double standard.

Personally, I don't care about the criticism, I care more about how the criticism is given. Like, you can say negative things about an artist's performance, but you need to say it in a way so that you don't let those negative things define a performace.

Example:

"Andrew is boring to me"

"Andrew is a great vocalist with solid performances, but I find his performances boring. I don't think Andrew is bad, but I'd rather watch Dana"

Beautiful post. Issue resolved.

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Yeah, I respect your opinion as an Andrew fan LOL

we all have different tastes though and in my side, he's not even the slightest boring. He's a good musician and he delivers solid vocals every round (as Someone648 stated before). I could say that (regular and boring) to the other artists (of different genre) who have been on the show but I don't want to make this argument long LMAO and I do get your point 😄 

but I really wouldn't mind an Andrew PV :P #positivevibes 

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing, except that I wouldn't mind a Rachel PV. Dana's performances don't excite me too much, but Rachel's performances do! 

In general, I don't think that criticism is a problem. We should all be able to say we like and dislike performances. But it's more about how things are said—if I had called Dana "a boring screamer" (which I don't think she is anyway, so don't worry lmao) then I'd be being unkind about my criticism. We had the same discussion about framing criticism respectfully after Deion, but I hope it's more effective this time.

18 minutes ago, Angeles said:

I enjoyed Dana's KO, but I would love it if Dana performs a more vulnerable & emotional song! Thoughts?

Absolutely! That's one of the reasons that Dana isn't my favorite yet, she hasn't gotten a more emotional song. I'd love to see that side of her voice! She deserves either a ballad or an emotional song after her last upbeat (though she was vocally incredible on her knockout, despite it being upbeat)!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Same I do too!! I really want her to do At Last 

10 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Same I do too!! I really want her to do At Last 

Ooh, Sasha did a great job with that. I was thinking that could go to Zania, but Dana would probably do great on it too.

I mean, I know there is this constant talk about Minivan's relationship with AA divas, but at the end of the day they have supported them a bit in these latest seasons, starting with S14. They dont really care for them in the finale, but they keep them around for a bit it seems. Dana is a great vocalist, so I definitely see her getting PV. TPTB has been pimping her as Team Nick's TCO, so I think they will treat her right.

And yes, she should go with a ballad now, she's already shown her bombastic side. Now on to some storytelling.

random thought: it really frustrates me how many more live performances a top 5 finalist on American Idol will give compared to a top 5 finalist on The Voice😢 a top 5 finalist on Idol will have given 8 solo live performances (with one of them being prerecorded) between their top 16 - top 5 rounds this season, while a top 5 finalist on The Voice will have only given 4 solo live performances between our top 17 - top 5 rounds. i’m not sure if anything i just said makes sense or is even accurate but i just felt the need to share my rantings with the world... but at least we get a group performance of Dynamite!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
59 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m sure @B-B and @jus.vshn know Dana’s voice better, so you should value their suggestions more, but I would LOVE for her to sing “Black Like Me” by Mickey Guyton. It gets me in tears every time I listen to it. 🥺

Black like me is a beautiful song, but Dana hasn’t presented herself as country at all (not that this song is particularly country). So it would feel weird if she covered it 🤷‍♀️

17 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Black like me is a beautiful song, but Dana hasn’t presented herself as country at all (not that this song is particularly country). So it would feel weird if she covered it 🤷‍♀️

Neither did Rose though ;)

19 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

random thought: it really frustrates me how many more live performances a top 5 finalist on American Idol will give compared to a top 5 finalist on The Voice😢 a top 5 finalist on Idol will have given 8 solo live performances (with one of them being prerecorded) between their top 16 - top 5 rounds this season, while a top 5 finalist on The Voice will have only given 4 solo live performances between our top 17 - top 5 rounds. i’m not sure if anything i just said makes sense or is even accurate but i just felt the need to share my rantings with the world... but at least we get a group performance of Dynamite!

I like The Voice way more than Idol, but if there’s anything that is better on Idol is the format (also song choices)

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Neither did Rose though ;)

Gods country is a bigger hit, and also feels less personal. And there was another connection 😂

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, British Man said:

Does anyone know when they're going to reveal Playoff Songs? Are we just going to have to wait for Monday?

We got them at noon on Monday last season. I think it was at noon but definitely on the same day as the playoffs.

Edited by Misirlou
2 hours ago, Angeles said:

I think the most strategic choice would be to keep that for Semifinals since she’ll likely make Nick’s top 2 but after that she’ll need an extra help to get the PV over Rachel/Andrew. But I agree that she needs to sing something other than Aretha and Tina.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

yes. this saddens me as well.

• Sad 1
Posted (edited)

This is probably not indicative of anything but the Talent Recap poll for who wins the 4-way KO is a landslide in Emma's favor. I wonder if that's because she is who people voted for or because people know country wins most of the time.

Edited by FloorWax
2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

This is probably not indicative of anything but the Talent Recap poll for who wins the 4-way KO is a landslide in Emma's favor. I wonder if that's because she is who people voted for or because people know country wins most of the time.

If the former, then it's yet another example of why Blake needs to GO.  Or at least country does.

12 minutes ago, Rodney said:

If the former, then it's yet another example of why Blake needs to GO.  Or at least country does.

If a coach you liked or a genre you liked was the dominant one, you wouldn't be saying anything like that :haha:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I’d be fine with her winning it. I love re-watching her performance. She’s grown so much since her audition. ❤️

• Like 4
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic