Jump to content

The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

 

 

In this case it probably would be a good thing. I don’t see her making it far on her current team.

anna grace is pretty similar to julia, and john threw her away (despite her immense talent 🙄), so i'd be concerned. however, i've heard some say that john has a weak team right now, so maybe it's a good thing. i can't comment myself, as i haven't gotten through most of the contestants yet

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a sad note, for those of you who don’t know, Pia Renee’s mother passed away earlier in January. (If Pia is reading I send her my deepest condolences and love her way🖤)    Obviously this i

We don't even have a premiere date and haven't heard a single audition but y'all have mapped out the entire season already lol

All I've said is to please keep the spoilers off this very public thread that everyone (IDF users, random people w/o accounts, trolls, and most importantly NBC execs) have full access to until later o

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Btw, @Someone648 who are your favorites so far if you have any? I´m curious.

I'll take a deep listen at some point but on the surface (and in no particular order):

Savanna Woods, Connor Christian, Dana Monique, Gean Garcia, Cam Anthony, Halley Greg, and Kenzie Wheeler. I remember being interested in Corey Ward after his blind last season but I haven't given him a second look this time around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'll take a deep listen at some point but on the surface (and in no particular order):

Savanna Woods, Connor Christian, Dana Monique, Gean Garcia, Cam Anthony, Halley Greg, and Kenzie Wheeler. I remember being interested in Corey Ward after his blind last season but I haven't given him a second look this time around.

Finally found a Connor mention lol. He´s a favorite of mine as of now, but he´s on a tough team, so hopefully he can either make it or get stolen to a weaker one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I´m waiting for the battle tapings. I know IDF is going to be on the edge of their seats waiting for results lol, especially due to it probably being one steal.

So there are no saves in the battles. Are they gonna have saves in KO's?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was bored AF lol, I made this regarding the information we got about the tapings and the Top 40.

 

Number of times the coaches turned their chair overall:

Kelly: 23/40

John: 20/40

Nick: 22/40

Blake: 17/40

 

Times they prevented a 4 chair turn:

Kelly: 2

John: 3

Nick: 1

Blake: 2

 

Number of times they were chosen by a contestant:

Kelly: 6/10 (The other 4 were 1 chair turns)

John: 8/10 (He had a 1 chair turn and blocked Nick on a 2 chair turn, which made him the only option)

Nick: 6/10 (The other 4 were 1 chair turns)
Blake: 8/10 (The other 2 were 1 chair turns)

 

Number of times they were rejected by a contestant:

Kelly: 13/19 (She had 23 overall turns, 4 of them were 1 chair, so that leaves us with 19 competitive turns, which she won 6)

John: 10/18 (He had 20 overall turns, 2 of them were 1 chair, including his block, so that leaves us with 10 competitive turns, which he won 8 )

Nick: 13/18 (He had 22 overall turns, 4 of them were 1 chair, so that leaves us with 18 competitive turns, which he won 6)

Blake: 7/15  (He had 17 overall turns, 2 of them were 1 chair, so that leaves us with 15 competitive turns, which he won 8 )

 

So as a whole, turns out Blake was the stingiest one this season, and yet he still had the best ratio of being chosen, winning the same amount of contestants as John, while turning less. 

 

Kelly may have gotten 2 four chair turns this season, but her, alongside Nick, were the most rejected coaches overall, and the ones that turned around the most.

 

Also, the contestants seem to not have learned lol. John had no 4 chairs this season, but he was the most selected coach of the season tieing with Blake.

 

Perhaps Kelly was viewed as the stingiest one due to preventing Victor´s 4 chair turn, idk.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, QueenCami said:

anna grace is pretty similar to julia, and john threw her away (despite her immense talent 🙄), so i'd be concerned. however, i've heard some say that john has a weak team right now, so maybe it's a good thing. i can't comment myself, as i haven't gotten through most of the contestants yet

I have to disagree. I think Anna Grace has a lot more power in her voice than Julia and we will see that maybe not in her blind but in her battle.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sheepluver46 said:

I have to disagree. I think Anna Grace has a lot more power in her voice than Julia and we will see that maybe not in her blind but in her battle.

yep. one small issue i had with julia is her chest voice was a little weak when she tried to go for more belt-y notes. i don't think that'll be a problem with Anna Grace.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

So I was bored AF lol, I made this regarding the information we got about the tapings and the Top 40.

 

Number of times the coaches turned their chair overall:

Kelly: 23/40

John: 20/40

Nick: 22/40

Blake: 17/40

 

Times they prevented a 4 chair turn:

Kelly: 2

John: 3

Nick: 1

Blake: 2

 

Number of times they were chosen by a contestant:

Kelly: 6/10 (The other 4 were 1 chair turns)

John: 8/10 (He had a 1 chair turn and blocked Nick on a 2 chair turn, which made him the only option)

Nick: 6/10 (The other 4 were 1 chair turns)
Blake: 8/10 (The other 2 were 1 chair turns)

 

Number of times they were rejected by a contestant:

Kelly: 13/19 (She had 23 overall turns, 4 of them were 1 chair, so that leaves us with 19 competitive turns, which she won 6)

John: 10/18 (He had 20 overall turns, 2 of them were 1 chair, including his block, so that leaves us with 10 competitive turns, which he won 8 )

Nick: 13/18 (He had 22 overall turns, 4 of them were 1 chair, so that leaves us with 18 competitive turns, which he won 6)

Blake: 7/15  (He had 17 overall turns, 2 of them were 1 chair, so that leaves us with 15 competitive turns, which he won 8 )

 

So as a whole, turns out Blake was the stingiest one this season, and yet he still had the best ratio of being chosen, winning the same amount of contestants as John, while turning less. 

 

Kelly may have gotten 2 four chair turns this season, but her, alongside Nick, were the most rejected coaches overall, and the ones that turned around the most.

 

Also, the contestants seem to not have learned lol. John had no 4 chairs this season, but he was the most selected coach of the season tieing with Blake.

 

Perhaps Kelly was viewed as the stingiest one due to preventing Victor´s 4 chair turn, idk.

Oh my! wonder why?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I haven't checked out all of the contestants yet. Are there any country artists on Team Nick or Team Legend this season? 🤨

Rachel Mac on Team Nick's the closest thing but she's more folk than anything (basing this on her blinds song only, I can't check her IG because that link's screwed up for me). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bk1234 said:

No.

Thank god! 🙏🏾

 

I didn't mind John having a country artist on his team last season but then when was Gwen was like "let me get on the country action too!", I was not at all pleased. Seriously Gwen, you couldn't have stolen Marisa, Kelsie, Lauren, or someone else instead??? 🤦🏾‍♂️

 

Hamster Regret GIF by BBC Earth

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Thanks! I'm seeing that her bio says "Indie/Folk vibes" so definitely not country, though some may argue folk is country-adjacent in a few aspects stylistically.

Folk and country (done right) are both roots style music 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sheepluver46 said:

I have to disagree. I think Anna Grace has a lot more power in her voice than Julia and we will see that maybe not in her blind but in her battle.

that may be true, but their styles are similar enough, imo, that they'll gather support from the same audiences. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...