The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, snoopy2003 said:

Where will this season winner be ranked in this list??

Past 6 Season Champs (Ranked by Insta Followers)

1. Brynn Cartelli (203K)

2. Chevel Shepherd (143K)

3. Jake Hoot (72.1 K)

4. Maelyn Jarmon (68.3K)

5. Carter Rubin (65.7K)

6. Todd Tilghman (39.9K)

*whoever has more followers doesn’t always win* 😂

Cam has 42.5k and Kenzie has 12.9k on IG right now. I imagine those numbers will grow though by the time they get to the finale. Cam is already ahead of Todd. 

3 minutes ago, snoopy2003 said:

Where will this season winner be ranked in this list??

Past 6 Season Champs (Ranked by Insta Followers)

1. Brynn Cartelli (203K)

2. Chevel Shepherd (143K)

3. Jake Hoot (72.1 K)

4. Maelyn Jarmon (68.3K)

5. Carter Rubin (65.7K)

6. Todd Tilghman (39.9K)

*whoever has more followers doesn’t always win* 😂

Whoever has the most followers doesn’t always win, but large week to week follower gains can be used to confirm other metrics. For example, if someone is dominating Facebook, and also gaining the largest number of IG followers, you can pretty much crown them more often than not. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Well, I expect Kelly’s fans to be a little biased, but there’s no denying his talent. I don’t understand why he’s been in Florida all this time. Dude needs to get to Nashville ASAP. 

To be fair, he turns 23 at the end of this month he's two days younger than me, apparently so he's still pretty young and maybe just hasn't been comfortable enough to spread his wings yet (plus, yaknow, pandemic). He opened his blinds package talking about how close he is with his family, and having that kind of support network right there with him if he's still living at home is definitely a plus and I can understand not wanting to leave that and move out-of-state for opportunities that may or may not work out long-term. Add that in to the fact that Nashville's gotten really expensive in the last few years + being a musician isn't always the most stable job prospect, and I can understand why he might be hesitant to take that leap.

Is it the smartest career-wise, especially given his natural talent? Maybe not. Is it understandable that someone in their early 20s might hesitate to take that big of a gamble given how saturated Nashville is with country artists? Personally, yes.

If Kelly helps him capitalize on any Nashville-based opportunities post-show, Kenzie will be just fine; maybe not a Combs/Stapleton level success, but he could make a decent living if he plays his cards right.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Cam has 42.5k and Kenzie has 12.9k on IG right now. I imagine those numbers will grow though by the time they get to the finale. Cam is already ahead of Todd. 

Cam had quite a few, going in. I don’t recall the exact number, but I think it was close to 30K. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, but before the show Cam  did Showtime at the Apollo, was on Ellen at least once, and sang at the White House, so I'm not surprised he's got a decently sized following.

• Like 1

Yeah, Cam was pretty well known to say the least, since he had various TV appearances. A lot of verified accounts were also commenting on his posts from the beginning, so it´s not surprising.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Damn, Cams perfomance is almost at 100K views on his personal account. On Insta

Both of these people posted it on their story this morning. 

Kenny Ortega: 1 million followers 

Charlie Gillespie: 1.7 million followers 

59 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Damn, Cams perfomance is almost at 100K views on his personal account. On Insta

He’s also leading YouTube (other than Anna vs Gihanna but y’all know it was the leak) yup yup we love to see it 👑

• Like 1

I initially thought Cam would have gotten destroyed had he been on John´s heavy R&B team as we got the spoilers. After seeing him now, I´d say it would have probably been the other way around.

Edited by Misirlou

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Whoever has the most followers doesn’t always win, but large week to week follower gains can be used to confirm other metrics. For example, if someone is dominating Facebook, and also gaining the largest number of IG followers, you can pretty much crown them more often than not. 

I remember you said that Brynn had super high Insta gains each week, and I assume she had good support on FB. Have you seen something like this happen since? I guess a better question would be, is anyone keeping track of follower changes as of recently?

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I remember you said that Brynn had super high Insta gains each week, and I assume she had good support on FB. Have you seen something like this happen since? I guess a better question would be, is anyone keeping track of follower changes as of recently?

Brynn had moderate support on Facebook, but good enough, and very strong on IG, obviously. Chevel was much stronger on FB than Brynn, not as strong on IG, but still better than anyone else from the KO on. Those were the last two seasons where Dany tracked the weekly IG and Twitter follower gains, and honestly, the follows dropped off so dramatically, starting in S16, and I don’t know if it would tell us much anyway.  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yesterday afternoon he had 12.7K and now he has 13.1K!! 😂

Here's Raines knockout......I personally dug it when I saw and her whole vibe was so cool.  

Was kinda shocked Nick didn't pick her....you can tell her voice was still a little strained but much improved from the battles.  All the judges seemed to prefer Raine....but I guess Nick was choosing on vocal consistency. 

• Like 7

I think people are underestimating Jose's chances of making it past the playoffs. Sure, no way he gets PV, especially after being montaged in the most important round so far, but Nick is tricky, he could end up saving him.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I think people are underestimating Jose's chances of making it past the playoffs. Sure, no way he gets PV, especially after being montaged in the most important round so far, but Nick is tricky, he could end up saving him.

If nick was stupid, which he very well can be, he would save Jose over Rachel or Dana

Also, I'm still not a huge fan of John as a coach, but he has been at his best this season. Personally the only disagreement I've had with him was the Victor/Gean outcome, but Victor was the smartest choice for the long run.

I liked how he was supportive of Savanna and Devan's performances in the 4 way KO despite the fact that they are direct competitors of his own team member.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't know why people here are lukewarm to John Legend. I love him he's so humble and kind. 😊

I honestly don’t get the hate for him🤣 he’s literally never done anything on the show to be hated. Maybe some decisions but all coaches make controversial decisions

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't know why people here are lukewarm to John Legend. I love him he's so humble and kind. 😊

Probably because he's made some questionable decisions in the past, but he's very knowledgable about music, well-spoken, and knows how to give constructive feedback in a way that doesn't come off as rude or condescending. The biggest reason he'd be my personal "last choice" as a coach is because I just don't have much in common with him music-sensibility-wise, but if I were a contestant and he were the only coach to turn for me I'd be happy to work with him.

• Like 2

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic