The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I mean, we all saw poor Avery watching from his chair, while Kelly got up and started dancing. I honestly felt bad for him for a moment, because he clearly knew he was going home. 

Watching that broke my heart... 💔😭 Happy for Kenzie though. ❤️

• Like 4

Just now, VintageVoice said:

I left Kenzie off the list because I personally thought it was more even than straight up vocal murder (albeit still lopsided), but I can see why it's arguable he did the same thing.

I thought Avery started off nice, (the "one last time" part sounded really good). But nerves got to him more and more throughout the song, and the final falsetto attempt pretty much killed the whole thing.

He seemed to have gotten quite a few fans with his storytelling ability, so I wish him the best and hope he continues to hone his craft.

But yeah, it was an easy win for Kenzie. Thats when experience came in and it conquered.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Snoop might be the best guest mentor  ever. Listen to this montage of advice he gave to the various contestants. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CONeZJyNpcv/?igshid=tkw6ybpjw5ki

I was skeptical when spoilers came out, but damn if he didn't prove me wrong. Amazing mentor.

• Like 3

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Snoop might be the best guest mentor  ever. Listen to this montage of advice he gave to the various contestants. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CONeZJyNpcv/?igshid=tkw6ybpjw5ki

Not surprised. As funny and bizarre as the idea of him mentoring sounded, the guy has done everything (including weed). He popularized g funk, he did reggae, obviously hip hop, and has been in the business for 20+ years I believe. He knows what he's talking about.

• Like 2

Alright, now that the KO's are over and we know the importance of this round, who do y'all think made the most out of it, in terms of general reception? (I'm not asking for personal preferences). 

From the top of my head, I'd say that Corey had a breakout moment and now he has a momentum going. Cam created a momentum too, but his status as a frontrunner was never questioned. Kenzie, too. 

Ps: weirdly enough, i'd add Ethan. Not that it matters 😂

5 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Alright, now that the KO's are over and we know the importance of this round, who do y'all think made the most out of it, in terms of general reception? (I'm not asking for personal preferences). 

From the top of my head, I'd say that Corey had a breakout moment and now he has a momentum going. Cam created a momentum too, but his status as a frontrunner was never questioned. Kenzie, too. 

Corey and Pia probably had the two biggest "breakout" moments - both of which might be enough to get them into the Wildcard if they need it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Corey and Pia probably had the two biggest "breakout" moments - both of which might be enough to get them into the Wildcard if they need it.

I loved Pia. Truly did. And I find it terrible minivan always hate AA. But was the reception good enough for her to be considered notorious with the public vote, though?

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

I loved Pia. Truly did. And I find it terrible minivan always hate AA. But was the reception good enough for her to be considered notorious with the public vote, though?

Personally, I'm of the opinion the KO momentum is not enough for Pia to beat out both Victor and Zania to get the most votes on Team Legend, but I don't think she's necessarily going to be the instant-elimination on playoffs results night either (which, given the reception to her battle round, is still a step up).

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Personally, I'm of the opinion the KO momentum is not enough for Pia to beat out both Victor and Zania to get the most votes on Team Legend, but I don't think she's necessarily going to be the instant-elimination on playoffs results night either (which, given the reception to her battle round, is still a step up).

I think it depends on the POs song choice and performance she delivers. If she has another moment like in her knockouts, she could very well move on. Then again that applies to all of Team Legend since they’ve all had a breakthrough performance at some point in the pre taped rounds so

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I think it depends on the POs song choice and performance she delivers. If she has another moment like in her knockouts, she could very well move on. Then again that applies to all of Team Legend since they’ve all had a breakthrough performance at some point in the pre taped rounds so

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Just now, SNI2 said:

Depends on how you define "breakout moment". If we're talking about locking in their frontrunner status in their respective teams, its Kenzie and Cam. I want to say Corey guaranteed himself a Kelly save with what he did, but Kelly can be unpredictable, so we dont know.

I'd definitely say Pia, in the sense that she was barely noticed by many in the first two rounds, and she made a name for herself on the show with that KO. Corey also seems to have regained momentum after the majority across SM preferring Savanna in the battle.

19 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I like to identify who has a chance to win following the KO, and then decide what role the KO may have played in getting them to this point. I don’t think any instant frontrunners emerged (Chloe, Brynn, Chevel, Jake). There were no game changers. Kenzie and Cam still have about the same chance now as they did following the battles, IMO. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I like to identify who has a chance to win following the KO, and then decide what role the KO may have played in getting them to this point. I don’t think any instant frontrunners emerged (Chloe, Brynn, Chevel, Jake). There were no game changers. Kenzie and Cam still have about the same chance now as they did following the battles, IMO. 

I think that part of it is that this set of knockouts was filled with exceptional performances. It lessens the impact if so many people give stellar performances; I'd say that multiple people matched Cam and Kenzie in the knockouts. As a result, I agree that they probably have the same shot at winning as in the battles, since everyone including them stepped it up.

• Like 3