The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Have any other contestants this season have been acknowledged by the original artists of songs they have sang so far? I know the Temptations congralutated Victor, James Otto congraluted Ethan /Avery, and Luke Combs recently congratulated Kenzie.

Cam has gotten recognized by many celebs including Kenny Ortega (creator of Descendants and the HSM trilogy) and also Jordan Smith (S9 Winner) was on his live last night 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Have any other contestants this season have been acknowledged by the original artists of songs they have sang so far? I know the Temptations congralutated Victor, James Otto congraluted Ethan /Avery, and Luke Combs recently congratulated Kenzie.

I believe Kacey re-posted Emma’s audition on her IG story.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Pia https://www.instagram.com/p/CN80NEEHr6U/ 

Edited by pauwis

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

Cam has gotten recognized by many celebs including Kenny Ortega (creator of Descendants and the HSM trilogy) and also Jordan Smith (S9 Winner) was on his live last night 

That’s because he’s worked with Kenny Ortega, so it’s not exactly random. Chevel was part of that project too, which is how she knows Cam. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

Honestly, Kenzie’s biggest obstacle are CO-VID safety protocols :haha: If he can get past those just give him the crown

I feel like as long as he doesn’t fall flat on his face on stage, from leaning forward too much, it’s in the bag. :P

• Haha 6

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I feel like as long as he doesn’t fall flat on his face on stage, from leaning forward too much, it’s in the bag. :P

My dude needs a guitar strap to keep him from hunching too much lol.

I will say that he did show a bit more stage presence this time around, despite de unflattering snippet shown of his in the pairings video.

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, Corey was technically recognized by the original artist of his KO song. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

53 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

My dude needs a guitar strap to keep him from hunching too much lol.

I will say that he did show a bit more stage presence this time around, despite de unflattering snippet shown of his in the pairings video.

That is true. It was definitely better this time. His stage presence without a guitar is much better than Adam Wakefield’s or Jake Hoot’s. At least he makes an attempt. 

I will say this. I don’t know whether non-country fans appreciate how good Kenzie is. He’s already a better pure vocalist than any male I can think of in the current country scene. Maybe that’s not saying much. :P

seak, you’re more plugged in than I am. Would you care to weigh in on that? Do we have to go back to guys like Alan Jackson and Vince Gill? I feel like he could hold his own against Alan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I will say this. I don’t know whether non-country fans appreciate how good Kenzie is. He’s already a better pure vocalist than any male I can think of in the current country scene. Maybe that’s not saying much. :P

seak, you’re more plugged in than I am. Would you care to weigh in on that? Do we have to go back to guys like Alan Jackson and Vince Gill? I feel like he could hold his own against Alan. 

Most of Kelly’s fans in her group are in awe of Kenzie and most people in Jake Hoots fan club are also in support of Kenzie!!

3 minutes ago, snoopy2003 said:

Most of Kelly’s fans in her group are in awe of Kenzie and most people in Jake Hoots fan club are also in support of Kenzie!!

Well, I expect Kelly’s fans to be a little biased, but there’s no denying his talent. I don’t understand why he’s been in Florida all this time. Dude needs to get to Nashville ASAP. 

Edited by TeamAudra

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Different style, but I'd definitely put Chris S ahead of him vocally. It's also hard because I vocally prefer people like Isbell who I think do a better job with the storytelling. And someone like Chris Young, or Shay...are great technical vocalists, but I'm not big fans of their music. Chris Young covering traditional country is a treat though. 

Kenzie is clearly an excellent vocalist, but I think it might be more accurate to say that the mainstream male country music circuit doesn't really emphasize pushing oneself vocally. A number of the current crop are very good vocalists if you hear them cover older stuff, 

Edited by seak05

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Different style, but I'd definitely put Chris S ahead of him vocally. It's also hard because I vocally prefer people like Isbell who I think do a better job with the storytelling. And someone like Chris Young, or Shay...are great technical vocalists, but I'm not big fans of their music. Chris Young covering traditional country is a treat though. 

Yeah, you’re right. Stapleton is at the top. How did I forget about him? Chris Young is definitely  great. But, most of these guys dominating the charts...I don’t know. Is Combs a great vocalist? I wouldn’t know. 

And Shay, but he’s not a country singer. LOL

Edited by TeamAudra

17 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Kenzie is clearly an excellent vocalist, but I think it might be more accurate to say that the mainstream male country music circuit doesn't really emphasize pushing oneself vocally. A number of the current crop are very good vocalists if you hear them cover older stuff, 

Spot on. The country males in the scene today don´t usually push themselves vocally, but they do a damn job covering older country songs, or songs from other genres as well, like Blake covering "She Talks To Angels" for example. Hell, Kane Brown did a decent job when covering "Three Wooden Cross" by Randy Travis. But what they do now is the main source of income in their market, so it is what it is.

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, you’re right. Stapleton is at the top. How did I forget about him? Chris Young is definitely  great. But, most of these guys dominating the charts...I don’t know. Is Combs a great vocalist? I wouldn’t know. 

And Shay, but he’s not a country singer. LOL

Stapleton is at top of course. Isbell, even though not completely country, is right up there with him. Sturgill is great as well, and I would he might be at the level of someone like Kenzie vocally speaking. Perhaps unpopular but I was never fond of Chris Young´s voice.

As for the dominating guys on the charts (primarily talking about the bro country scene), Luke Combs definitely comes out of top and it´s not even close. I don´t like his music, but the man´s got a very solid baritone voice and a good growl. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Where will this season winner be ranked in this list??

Past 6 Season Champs (Ranked by Insta Followers)

1. Brynn Cartelli (203K)

2. Chevel Shepherd (143K)

3. Jake Hoot (72.1 K)

4. Maelyn Jarmon (68.3K)

5. Carter Rubin (65.7K)

6. Todd Tilghman (39.9K)

*whoever has more followers doesn’t always win* 😂

1. Brynn Cartelli (203K)

3. Jake Hoot (72.1 K)

4. Maelyn Jarmon (68.3K)

5. Carter Rubin (65.7K)

6. Todd Tilghman (39.9K)

Cam has 42.5k and Kenzie has 12.9k on IG right now. I imagine those numbers will grow though by the time they get to the finale. Cam is already ahead of Todd. 

1. Brynn Cartelli (203K)

3. Jake Hoot (72.1 K)

4. Maelyn Jarmon (68.3K)

5. Carter Rubin (65.7K)

6. Todd Tilghman (39.9K)

Whoever has the most followers doesn’t always win, but large week to week follower gains can be used to confirm other metrics. For example, if someone is dominating Facebook, and also gaining the largest number of IG followers, you can pretty much crown them more often than not. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Well, I expect Kelly’s fans to be a little biased, but there’s no denying his talent. I don’t understand why he’s been in Florida all this time. Dude needs to get to Nashville ASAP. 

To be fair, he turns 23 at the end of this month he's two days younger than me, apparently so he's still pretty young and maybe just hasn't been comfortable enough to spread his wings yet (plus, yaknow, pandemic). He opened his blinds package talking about how close he is with his family, and having that kind of support network right there with him if he's still living at home is definitely a plus and I can understand not wanting to leave that and move out-of-state for opportunities that may or may not work out long-term. Add that in to the fact that Nashville's gotten really expensive in the last few years + being a musician isn't always the most stable job prospect, and I can understand why he might be hesitant to take that leap.

Is it the smartest career-wise, especially given his natural talent? Maybe not. Is it understandable that someone in their early 20s might hesitate to take that big of a gamble given how saturated Nashville is with country artists? Personally, yes.

If Kelly helps him capitalize on any Nashville-based opportunities post-show, Kenzie will be just fine; maybe not a Combs/Stapleton level success, but he could make a decent living if he plays his cards right.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Cam has 42.5k and Kenzie has 12.9k on IG right now. I imagine those numbers will grow though by the time they get to the finale. Cam is already ahead of Todd. 

Cam had quite a few, going in. I don’t recall the exact number, but I think it was close to 30K. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, but before the show Cam  did Showtime at the Apollo, was on Ellen at least once, and sang at the White House, so I'm not surprised he's got a decently sized following.

• Like 1