• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misirlou

• Bk1234

• disney1024

• QueenCami

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Voice - NBC The Voice APP iTunes The Voice APP Android Twitter Facebook Youtube           Please DO NOT post the Season 20 spoilers on other websites (YouTub

Kenzie Wheeler and MacKenzie Wheeler

I didn’t put this in the Voice Fans Say the Darndest Things Thread because it contains spoilers...   Deion Warren and Durell are gorgeous guys that went home in the battles and should be min

Posted Images

Finally got to watch it, and, as someone who didn´t care about their past two performances, I have to say: good job girls. 

I think I´ll take Anna overall, given that her backstory gave the song more of a punch, and she definitely embodied it. I would have preferred less runs though, sometimes less is more, especially on a song like this. I enjoyed the piano based arrangement, I think it fit the song and accompanied her voice well. Good proyection too.

Gihanna started a bit too breathy for me, but she did really well on the bridge and on the high notes. I understand why Kelly would go with her, since she´s right up in her alley. 

They both deservedly moved on, let´s see how the playoffs treat them, though.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Gihanna started a bit too breathy for me, but she did really well on the bridge and on the high notes. I understand why Kelly would go with her, since she´s right up in her alley. 

yeah, the quiet notes were slightly breathy to me, but i am happy to not focus on that b/c i loved the rest.

8 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Every damn team going into playoffs is stacked. It’s like at the point you won’t care who goes through. Tbh i won’t mind who goes through in the playoffs everyone deserves the top 9

The playoff results day is going to be SO sad - there are going to be a ton of robberies.

31 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Her voice in this performance just felt like a vessel for the emotion to pour out. The only other performance this season that matches this for sincerity and authenticity and emotion is Pia's knockout, for me.

If we're counting auditions, I'd say there are others that I find as "sincere", but if we're talking KO's, yeah definitely. 

Gihanna's emotion in her KO reminds me of Corey's performance. I wouldn't call the emotion they put in there merely "performative", there is clearly emotion there. But it doesn't feel as authentic as what Pia and Anna brought. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Gihanna's emotion in her KO reminds me of Corey's performance. I wouldn't call the emotion they put in there merely "performative", there is clearly emotion there. But it doesn't feel as authentic as what Pia and Anna brought. 

I think that Pia and Anna's life events really made their performances have some intrinsic meaning to them, while the others may have found something that could apply to it. Either way, I thought all four were absolutely excellent. 

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 3
Just now, QueenCami said:

I think that Pia and Anna's life events really made their performances have some intrinsic meaning to them, while the others may have found something that could apply to it. Either way, I though all four were absolutely excellent. 

Yes to everything.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

The playoff results day is going to be SO sad - there are going to be a ton of robberies.

We´ll see though. We clearly have a great group of singers this season, but it´s still up in the air if they will be able to control the nerves of performing live in that stage for the first time, and if the song choices they get (we´re probably gonna see some busses) will allow them to perform at their KO level.

• Like 2
Just now, Misirlou said:

We´ll see though. We clearly have a great group of singers this season, but it´s still up in the air if they will be able to control the nerves of performing live in that stage for the first time, and if the song choices they get (we´re probably gonna see some busses) will allow them to perform at their KO level.

That's true, though it'll be sad to see someone go, even if they didn't do as well in the POs. I do hope though that those who are eliminated end on a high note.

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I do hope though that those who are eliminated end on a high note.

That's what bothers me. I mean Connor's KO song, that was just evil. He's going against Cam, let him do his thing at least.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

That's what bothers me. I mean Connor's KO song, that was just evil. He's going against Cam, let him do his thing at least.

Guy is pretty good at guitar. Let him rip it a bit at least, but nooo, TPTB had to assign him a song by what I think has to be one of the most annoying groups ever to exist.

• Like 1

I don’t think I have ever enjoyed a cast this much since S13, but still my expectations are super low for the POs. I have watched the show enough to know how this is probably going to end (specially because I feel like we are jinxing it with the overwhelming positivity :haha:)

That said, you can’t really ask for a great season with a format as bad as the current one.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Honestly if Connor called TPTB out on the song choice after he's out of his contract with NBC, I wouldn't blame him. There's bussing someone and then there's obliterating them; that song choice was the latter. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

That said, you can’t really ask for a great season with a format as bad as the current one.

I wish there was just ONE more live show, 17 -> 9 -> 5 is too harsh 

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don’t think I have ever enjoyed a cast this much since S13, but still my expectations are super low for the POs. I have watched the show enough to know how this is probably going to end (specially because I feel like we are jinxing it with the overwhelming positivity :haha:)

I think so too. It´s nice to see the positivity, especially for the artists, but once the playoffs are out, things are bound to get messy (at least for some).

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I think so too. It´s nice to see the positivity, especially for the artists, but once the playoffs are out, things are bound to get messy (at least for some).

I have to say it’s really refreshing to see positivity for once, specially in IDF (I feel like I’m Simon Cowell now though compared to everyone else, which isn’t fun. I thought I was more of a Paula Abdul in the past :haha:)

• Haha 2
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic