The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Seems like I missed quite a lot :haha:

Anyways, I do think some of the beating could be deserved (I feel like some people overreacted in the Gossip thread, as I pointed out) but this is the Internet and you have to have a thick skin if you’re in the public eye. 

And as Misirlou and TA said, this forum used to be WAY worse. 2021 IDF is a rainbow and unicorns rainstorm compared to the old IDF (that doesn’t justify the people who cross the line, but what I’m trying to say is that there are less “haters” now)

Yes, most of us say what we think and move on. The contestants who display any sort of sour grapes tend to get a little rougher treatment. Deion didn’t take it nearly as far as Marisa, so most of us would have already moved on, if not for last night’s comments. Good luck in the future, Deion. I doubt anyone here hates you, or even cares that much about any of it. 

• Like 5
  • Replies 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misirlou

• Bk1234

• disney1024

• QueenCami

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Voice - NBC The Voice APP iTunes The Voice APP Android Twitter Facebook Youtube           Please DO NOT post the Season 20 spoilers on other websites (YouTub

Kenzie Wheeler and MacKenzie Wheeler

I didn’t put this in the Voice Fans Say the Darndest Things Thread because it contains spoilers...   Deion Warren and Durell are gorgeous guys that went home in the battles and should be min

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes, most of us say what we think and move on. The contestants who display any sort of sour grapes tend to get a little rougher treatment. Deion didn’t take it nearly as far as Marisa, so most of us would have already moved on, if not for last night’s comments. Good luck in the future, Deion. I doubt anyone here hates you, or even cares that much about any of it. 

This puts it nicely. 🙂

I think sometimes we go overboard, there is also a pressure to be funny/clever, and all of the contestants on the voice are 100x better singers then any of us will ever be (or at least me). That said, there is a role and place for legitimate critique, and music is subjective as well. Attacking someone personally is over the line, but saying you found he performance to be pitchy, or you don't like the lyrics of a song, or even the person's stage presence doesn't resonate with you

I didn't see Deion's performance live, but based on the fact that it was the first battle and none of the coaches used their save or steal, I think it's probably safe to conclude that their were issues. We also know the voice does some work in post production, which can lead to differences between what we hear, and what the coaches/sources heard. While flop was a harsh term, and might have been an exaggeration, most of the criticism was fair. 

As to the comments in the gossip thread, yeah no. Deion put that insta post out there himself. It's entirely his right to do so, but in the same way it's others right to respond. His I would bring the soul to country, also ignores the numerous other contestants who have put soul into country, both Black and white, on and off the show. People who love country music should make country music (regardless of Race), but I have never gotten that impression from him, and the comment felt more like I will show those country folk how it's done...which irks me. 

The more I see and hear of Deion, the more it seems as if he has a very high opinion of himself, and very thin skin. Not that it matters, hopefully he will do well moving forward, and I will continue to follow the contestants that I prefer. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 15
2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think sometimes we go overboard, there is also a pressure to be funny/clever, and all of the contestants on the voice are 100x better singers then any of us will ever be (or at least me). That said, there is a role and place for legitimate critique, and music is subjective as well. Attacking someone personally is over the line, but saying you found he performance to be pitchy, or you don't like the lyrics of a song, or even the person's stage presence doesn't resonate with you

I didn't see Deion's performance live, but based on the fact that it was the first battle and none of the coaches used their save or steal, I think it's probably safe to conclude that their were issues. We also know the voice does some work in post production, which can lead to differences between what we hear, and what the coaches/sources heard. While flop was a harsh term, and might have been an exaggeration, most of the criticism was fair. 

As to the comments in the gossip thread, yeah no. Deion put that insta post out there himself. It's entirely his right to do so, but in the same way it's others right to respond. His I would bring the soul to country, also ignores the numerous other contestants who have put soul into country, both Black and white, on and off the show. People who love country music should make country music (regardless of Race), but I have never gotten that impression from him, and the comment felt more like I will show those country folk how it's done...which irks me. 

The more I see and hear of Deion, the more it seems as if he has a very high opinion of himself, and very thin skin. Not that it matters, hopefully he will do well moving forward, and I will continue to follow the contestants that I prefer. 

You guys keep outdoing each other for best response. :haha: 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

His I would bring the soul to country, also ignores the numerous other contestants who have put soul into country, both Black and white, on and off the show.

That’s why I mentioned the Keisha thing. Maybe that was too harsh..? Idk...

To any contestants reading this forum, you ARE talented or else you wouldn't be on "The Voice". Just remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion & that doesn't mean that you're bad. Sometimes people can be disrespectful & I get those comments hurt, but it doesn't matter what some people on an internet forum think of you. Keep singing & performing because you're amazing! 

Edited by Angeles

Also, not to brag or anything, but even if some of us are harsh or cross the line, we are probably the most passionate community about what these contestants do moving forward. We might be crazy, but if you come after this forum (which again, he’s in his entire right to do so) you might indirectly be losing the few people who might be interested in you.

I’m not going to pretend like we can start careers or anything :haha: but everyone has to start somewhere.

• Haha 6
29 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Also, not to brag or anything, but even if some of us are harsh or cross the line, we are probably the most passionate community about what these contestants do moving forward. We might be crazy, but if you come after this forum (which again, he’s in his entire right to do so) you might indirectly be losing the few people who might be interested in you.

I’m not going to pretend like we can start careers or anything :haha: but everyone has to start somewhere.

I think that could also explain Victor and Ciana’s reactions during the live. :haha:

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Jacksonboregan said:

Thank u I never heard this so I’m excited to hear him sing it and to listen to it 

Definitely recommend listening to Noah Mac’s version from Season 13. One of my top 5 performances of all time on the show, easily. Mikaela Astel’s version in season 16 is beautiful, too.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Probably my most listened to studio. 

Exactly the same! This and Amy Vachal’s KO are the 2 studios I never skip.

• Like 1

I do believe some contestants have spoken of IDF in a better manner. Will Breman, along with Shane Q and Kat Hammock (probably the three most criticized contestants of their season, along with Hello Sunday) adressed their "haters", which obviously leads me to think come from here, since he reads IDF clearly.

But he also gave thanks to the "Blue Crew" here, and specifically gave thanks to xfactor22, Someone648, and MJ. He probably lurked in his fan thread a lot. If contestants do that and only that, I can tell you IDF becomes sunshine and rainbows.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I do believe some contestants have spoken of IDF in a better manner. Will Breman, Shane Q and Kat Hammock (probably the three most criticized contestants of their season, along with Hello Sunday) adressed their "haters", which obviously leads me to think come from here, since he reads IDF clearly.

But he also gave thanks to the "Blue Crew" here, and specifically gave thanks to xfactor22, Someone648, and MJ. He probably lurked in his fan thread a lot. If contestants do that and only that, I can tell you IDF becomes sunshine and rainbows.

I’m not going to say much, but past S19 contestants haven’t really expressed an intense dislike for the site like Deion has. 

Edited by Bk1234
Just now, Bk1234 said:

I’m not going to say much, but past S19 contestants haven’t really expressed as distaste with the site like Deion has. 

I mean, Corey has already thanked us for our support. Yes, he is liked here way more than Deion was, but there are some detractors too, so he probably just hangs in his fan thread, the smartest thing to do.

Its also clear Anna and Carolina from this season read it. I dont know if they are going to say something after the show (they are free to do so if they wish of course), since there have been some criticism for them (nothing crossing the line or insulting to them btw) but they should know what they are in for if they read this. They have some dedicated fans so they can just hop in their fan thread.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Jacksonboregan said:

Thank u I never heard this so I’m excited to hear him sing it and to listen to it 

It’s been performed twice on the show. It was a minor hit for the original artist. The video is probably more well known than the song itself. It’s very Peter Max.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, Corey has already thanked us for our support. Yes, he is liked here way more than Deion was, but there are some detractors too, so he probably just hangs in his fan thread, the smartest thing to do.

Its also clear Anna and Carolina from this season read it. I dont know if they are going to say something after the show (they are free to do so if they wish of course), since there have been some criticism for them (nothing crossing the line or insulting to them btw) but they should know what they are in for if they read this. They have some dedicated fans so they can just hop in their fan thread.

Fun fact: After blinds spoilers were posted, I was actually thinking of making a fan thread for Deion. :dead:

12 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m not going to say much, but past S19 contestants haven’t really expressed an intense dislike for the site like Deion has. 

iDF can be an unpleasant place to visit, so I doubt Deion is alone in his sentiments.

The spoilers talked about a "stripped down" version of Electric Love for Zae. I figured he was in trouble the first time I heard his song choice before recieving the information of the arrangement.

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

iDF can be an unpleasant place to visit, so I doubt Deion is alone in his sentiments.

*Some things are not meant to be shared*

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic