Jump to content

The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Anyway, do you think that they'll follow all the order on the video? If they will, then Pete will close tonight's episode, right?? 😮 

We know at the very least Pete and Andrew have to be after Corey and Ryleigh, since Blake can't steal Andrew and then try to steal Ryleigh.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I don't think people are comparing directly with the source. Reading the sources formed an impression in their mind, and now they are comparing the performance with their initial impression. People aren't looking for something to compare; they're just thinking about how the performance differed from their expectation, from my understanding.

Yeah I don't get this probably because I don't read spoilers. Wouldn't be my approach but to each it's own. It seems to foster unrealistic expectations.  I'm not sure what more you can do with "What The World Needs Now" than what Pia did. In addition, this was her best performance by far (I've personally thought she has been very underwhelming in both the blinds and the battles) so I'm not sure what in her trajectory of the show would suggest more than what she did. She has improved nicely imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joe14 said:

Yeah I don't get this probably because I don't read spoilers. Wouldn't be my approach but to each it's own. It seems to foster unrealistic expectations.  I'm not sure what more you can do with "What The World Needs Now" than what Pia did. In addition, this was her best performance by far (I've personally thought she has been very underwhelming in both the blinds and the battles) so I'm not sure what in her trajectory of the show would suggest more than what she did. She has improved nicely imo. 

I also thought her blind and battle were underwhelming. I'm choosing not to watch for now, but it's a tough song to do much with, it's generally somewhat snoozy (Chloe's BA, even though I love Chloe). 

 

Also, most people here do read spoilers, given that it's the spoilers thread, so yeah. I get that it can often foster unrealistic expectations, I think we've all experienced that (especially in S19). Thanks for explaining so civilly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got to watch the leak - Ciana's opening was kinda messy but that was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting based on source feedback. A good effort to try and change up from ballads, but the control issues and some pitch stuff make this one just "eh" (though that high note at 1:40 was great).

 

Pia though. Gahdamn. She snapped. If she plays into her lower register + nails the runs in whatever playoffs song she gets, she's got a legitimate shot at either the coach save or the wildcard slot on Team Legend (I don't think she's gonna pass Victor for the public vote, but Pia was fantastic here).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there is a big difference between, oh I only want to carry one country singer, so I'll pair up two country singers, and oh I only want to carry one Black female, so I'll pair the. Pairing based on race, big not ok, pairing based on musical styles, totally reasonable. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, this “strategic” nonsense just feeds into the coaches over contestants scenario that the show is constantly pushing. 🙄


I’m not talking about a strategy to win, I’m talking about a strategy to get as many of your finalists as far as possible once the public gets to vote.

 

In fact, I think Blake has actually sacrificed wins in order to get multiple people into the finale (when that was possible). And given what he thinks about the label, who can blame him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Angelbright said:

Your practically saying only 1 of the black females matter. This is John being different and smart and doing what’s right. He made the right decision, a decision I didn’t think he was gonna make. But it’s been over do to see black people thrive and get more screen time on this show, especially since they deserve it and always gets robbed. 


I agree with both Zania and Pia moving on, but the arguments you make are :whut:

 

The audience is the one who votes and the one who prevents them from winning. You can make a case of the audience being racist (a case I would personally support) but saying the show hasn’t done their best to support/push for those artists is plain wrong.

 

Point being, the audience is the problem, not the show.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want respond to anyone in particular but you think John, a black man himself, shouldn't take two deserving black women through just because they don't appeal to the predominantly white country-loving misogynistic and racist audience? That sounds crazy  to me

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:


John only picks the singers he personally would listen to. Blake and Kelly let strategy guide their pairings and choices. And Nick, who knows?

Honestly, I don't think Nick knows either 👀

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you guys stop playing the race card every time someone sings a song???

I’m tired of coming here and seeing you guys arguing about a singer’s skin colour. 
Being a (big or not) Black woman doesn’t mean you are a powerhouse or a Whitney Houston wannabe. Y’all need to stop 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I wonder if she actually wanted to do that. 🤔 

I wonder if the song was on the list she submitted.

 

I also wonder what other songs they suggested for her to choose Cuz I Love You 🙃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People seem to overhype what the "source" says. I thought Pia was very good, but some people seem to take from that that it must be the most amazing thing ever, and then it's that she's overhyped. (the comments comparing her to other people, were from the coaches btw). I'm not sure Ryleigh deserved all three coaches to try to steal her -> oh she wasn't very good. Like you all take the comments to all the extremes. I thought Pia was the best of the taping, and really liked it, Ryleigh and Connor Corey were good as well, but this doesn't mean Pia is the most amazing thing since sliced bread. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

People seem to overhype what the "source" says. I thought Pia was very good, but some people seem to take from that that it must be the most amazing thing ever, and then it's that she's overhyped. (the comments comparing her to other people, were from the coaches btw). I'm not sure Ryleigh deserved all three coaches to try to steal her -> oh she wasn't very good. Like you all take the comments to all the extremes. I thought Pia was the best of the taping, and really liked it, Ryleigh and Connor were good as well, but this doesn't mean Pia is the most amazing thing since sliced bread. 

You mean Corey right?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

Can you guys stop playing the race card every time someone sings a song???

I’m tired of coming here and seeing you guys arguing about a singer’s skin colour. 
Being a (big or not) Black woman doesn’t mean you are a powerhouse or a Whitney Houston wannabe. Y’all need to stop 

 

preach GIF by Shalita Grant

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Assuming the order of the pairings is correct, Gean will have opened all 3 episodes that he´s been in.

 

Oh, actually just realized that now. Deserved! ❤️

 

... I'm still not ready for him to go though :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...